Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Top 10 Love Songs EVER - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Love Songs EVER (1293 Views)

What Are Your Top 3 Michael Jackson Songs Ever? / My Top Ten Naija Rap Songs Ever. What Is Yours? / Top 10 Best Faze Songs Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 7:12am On Jan 24, 2017
10. YOU ARE STILL THE ONE ----- SHANIA TWAIN

"You're Still the One" is a song co-written and recorded by Canadian country music singer Shania Twain. It was released in January 1998 as the third country single from Twain's album Come on Over, while it was the first to be released to pop and international markets. The single peaked at number two becoming Twain's first top ten hit on the Billboard Hot 100. Although it never topped the chart, the song is recognized as Twain's most successful crossover single, and is one of her most successful singles at country radio. The song was written by Twain and Mutt Lange and produced by Lange.

"You're Still the One" was nominated for four Grammy Awards in 1999, winning two. It won Best Country Song and Best Female Country Vocal Performance and lost Record of the Year and Song of the Year to fellow Canadian, Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On".

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by nightingalee: 7:13am On Jan 24, 2017
Great songs by amazing people.
Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 7:16am On Jan 24, 2017
9. EVERYTHING I DO (I DO IT FOR YOU) -----BRYAN ADAMS

"(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" is a song by Canadian singer-songwriter Bryan Adams. Written by Adams, Michael Kamen and Robert John "Mutt" Lange, featured on two albums simultaneously on its release, the soundtrack album from the 1991 film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and on Adams' sixth album Waking Up the Neighbours (1991). The song was an enormous chart success internationally, particularly in the United Kingdom, where it spent sixteen consecutive weeks at number one on the UK Singles Chart (the longest in British chart history). It also spent seven weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States and nine weeks atop the Canadian Singles Chart in Adams's native Canada. Billboard ranked it as the No. 1 song for 1991.

At the time of its seven-week stint in America, it was the longest running #1 since The Police's "Every Breath You Take" spent eight weeks at #1 during the summer of 1983. It was a number one hit on many countries' music charts and went on to sell more than 15 million copies worldwide, making it Adams' most successful song and one of the best-selling singles of all time.

Adams, Kamen and Lange won a Grammy Award for Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television at the Grammy Awards of 1992, and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Song but lost to "Beauty and the Beast". Subsequently, the song has been covered by hundreds of singers and artists around the world.

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 7:21am On Jan 24, 2017
8. HERO ----- ENRIQUE IGLESIAS

"Hero" is a song by Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias from his second English-language studio album Escape (2001). It was written by Iglesias, Paul Barry and Mark Taylor. Iglesias first released the song to radio on 3 September 2001 to a positive critical and commercial reception. To the date the single has sold 8 million copies worldwide.

After the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center, which took place eight days after the song's release, it was one of the few songs chosen by radio DJs in New York City to be remixed with audio from police, firefighters, civilians at Ground Zero, and politicians commenting on the attacks. Iglesias was asked to sing the song live at America: A Tribute to Heroes. He had performed the song earlier at that year's Miss Venezuela, but due to the terrorist attacks the show was not aired on television.

The American television series Glee featured a version of the song as a mashup mixed with the Gipsy Kings' "Bamboléo". The release from the twelfth episode (called "The Spanish Teacher"wink in season 3 of the show is named "Bambolero/Hero". The main vocals were done by Chord Overstreet (playing the character Sam Evans). An Italian version of this song was covered by Micheal Castaldo, in his studio album Bergamot.

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 7:27am On Jan 24, 2017
7. JUST THE WAY YOU ARE ---- BRUNO MARS

"Just the Way You Are" is the debut solo single recorded by American singer-songwriter Bruno Mars. It is the lead single from his debut studio album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans (2010).

The song was written by The Smeezingtons, Khalil Walton and Needlz and produced by The Smeezingtons, and Needlz. It was released in the United States to Contemporary hit radio on August 10, 2010. The track was added to BBC Radio 1 A Playlist in the United Kingdom, and was released in the United Kingdom on September 19, 2010 as "Just the Way You Are (Amazing)".

The debut single received positive reviews from critics, who considered it a stand-out track on Doo-Wops & Hooligans and praised The Smeezington's production. It won a Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance at the 2011 ceremony. The song peaked at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 and Mainstream Top 40 charts and charted in the top five in other countries. It was certified 9 times Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and 6 times by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Worldwide, it was the best selling digital single of 2011 with sales of 12.2 million copies. So far, it has sold over 13.7 million copies worldwide becoming one of the best selling digital singles of all time.

The music video, directed by Ethan Lader, was released on September 8, 2010 and features Peruvian born Australian actress Nathalie Kelley. The official remix features rapper Lupe Fiasco and is included on the deluxe edition of Doo-Wops & Hooligans.

Mars performed "Just The Way You Are" on The Doo-Wops & Hooligans Tour (2010–2012) and The Moonshine Jungle Tour (2013–2014), and was also performed at his Super Bowl XLVIII halftime show. The song has been covered by various recording artists. "Just the Way You Are" also inspired Meghan Trainor's debut single "All About That Bass".

The song is featured in the movie Pitch Perfect.

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2017
6. AFRICAN QUEEN ---- 2FACE IDIBIA

From a 2004 album Face 2 Face, African Queen became a major hit initially in Nigeria before spreading to South Africa and some Western countries, ultimately making an impact in Europe as well.

It is a guitar ballad with elements of West African folk music and hip-hop.

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 7:49am On Jan 24, 2017
5. MY LOVE ---- MY LOVE

"My Love" is a song recorded by Irish boy band Westlife. It was released as the second single from their second studio album, Coast to Coast (2000). It debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart, giving the band their seventh UK number one.

The song was the 35th best-selling single of 2000 in the UK. It also won The Record of the Year.
It has sold 300,000 copies in UK.

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 7:59am On Jan 24, 2017
4. I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU ----- MICHEAL JACKSON

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" is a 1987 ballad by Michael Jackson featuring a duet with Siedah Garrett, and was the first single released from his seventh album, Bad. The song was written by Jackson, and co-produced by Jackson and Quincy Jones. It reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, R&B and adult contemporary charts.

The song became the first of five consecutive number-one Hot 100 singles from the Bad album. It was Jackson's second number-one song on the AC chart (his first, coincidentally, had also been a duet: 1982's "The Girl Is Mine" with Paul McCartney). It was released without an accompanying music video.

The presence of Garrett on the track was a last-minute decision by Jackson and Jones, after Jackson's first two choices for the duet, Barbra Streisand and Whitney Houston, both decided against participating. Garrett, a protégé of Jones's who co-wrote another song on Bad, "Man in the Mirror", did not know that she would be singing the song until the day of the recording session. It became her first hit since Dennis Edwards' 1984 song "Don't Look Any Further"

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 8:01am On Jan 24, 2017
3. I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING ---- AEROSMITH

"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is a power ballad performed by American hard rock band Aerosmith for the 1998 film Armageddon which Steven Tyler's daughter Liv Tyler starred in. Written by Diane Warren, the song debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 (the first #1 for the band after 28 years together). It is one of three songs performed by the band for the film, the other two being "What Kind of Love Are You On" and "Sweet Emotion". The song stayed at number one for four weeks from September 5 to 26, 1998. The song also stayed at number 1 for several weeks in several other countries. It sold over a million copies in the UK and reached number four on the UK Singles Chart.

This song was also featured in the 2013 video game Saints Row IV. The track was also heard in an episode of "Jewelpet Sunshine" which is the third season of the Jewelpet franchise.

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 8:05am On Jan 24, 2017
2. MY HEART WILL GO ON ---- CELINE DION

My Heart Will Go On", also called the "Love Theme from Titanic", is the main theme song to James Cameron's blockbuster film Titanic. Its music was composed by James Horner, its lyrics were written by Will Jennings, and it was produced by Walter Afanasieff and Simon Franglen, recorded by Celine Dion, and released in 1997.

Originally released in 1997 on Dion's album Let's Talk About Love and the Titanic soundtrack album, the romantic song went to number 1 all over the world, including the United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom and Australia. "My Heart Will Go On" was released in Australia and Germany on 8 December 1997, and in the rest of the world in January and February 1998.

The song became Dion's biggest hit, and one of the best-selling singles of all time, and was the world's best-selling single of 1998. The music video was directed by Bille Woodruff and released at the end of 1997. Due to the song's widespread popularity when it was released, it is considered to be Dion's signature song. It was also included in the list of Songs of the Century, by the Recording Industry Association of America and the National Endowment for the Arts.

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by TWOYANSH: 8:10am On Jan 24, 2017
1. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU ---- WHITNEY HOUSTON

The song, "I Will Always Love You" was written and originally recorded in 1973 by American singer and songwriter Dolly Parton. Her country version of the track was released as a single in 1974 and was written as a farewell to her one-time partner and mentor Porter Wagoner upon Parton's decision to pursue a solo career.

Parton's version of "I Will Always Love You" attained commercial success, twice reaching number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart—first in June 1974, and again in October 1982, with her re-recording. With this achievement, Parton became the first artist ever to earn a number one record twice with the same song.

Whitney Houston recorded a cover version of the song for the 1992 film The Bodyguard. Her single spent 14 weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It has since become one of the best-selling singles of all time and it remains the best-selling single by a woman in music history.

Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You" re-entered the charts in 2012 after her death, making it only the second single ever to reach the top three on the Billboard Hot 100 in separate chart runs. The song has also been covered by many other significant artists including Linda Ronstadt and John Doe

Re: Top 10 Love Songs EVER by jojothaiv(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
Timi Dakolo Iyawo Mi
Plain White T's Hey Delilah

(1) (Reply)

Music: Don Jazzy Ft Jay Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye West & POE - New Waves / Do Nigerians Listen To Podcasts? / NEW MUSIC: DOWNLOAD Maleek Berry - Bend It Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.