Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Semirah Bello Shared On Facebook Worldcancerday Post About Adele Who Was Diagnos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Semirah Bello Shared On Facebook Worldcancerday Post About Adele Who Was Diagnos (490 Views)

Mum Of One Commits Suicide After Crying For Help On Facebook / Chidinma Olajide Dies Of Coronavirus In UK. Her Last Message On Facebook / Hepatitis B More Infectious Than HIV - Dr Bello Kumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Semirah Bello Shared On Facebook Worldcancerday Post About Adele Who Was Diagnos by edewojames(m): 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
Semirah Bello, a Yali trainee and a former president of Voluntary Service Overseas Lagos made this post today about a Lady named Adele who was diagnosed for cancer at 33 years of age.

The story goes thus;

On 27 March 2015 I was diagnosed with Triple negative Breast cancer. I was 33 years old. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Right up until the words came out of the doctor’s mouth I was sure it was a fibroma. I mean, 33 year old women don’t get breast cancer…. I was wrong.

I think deep down I knew because I didn’t cry or get upset, I just said oh ok, well, somethig happens, what’s the plan of action. I don’t think my doctor quite expected that response by the look on her face however she went straight into explaining everything.

I remember coming out of the hospital thinking, hold on, I’m 33 years old. I’ve got too much to see and do in this world. This cancer is messing with the wrong bee.

I decided from the start that I would be very open about my diagnosis and decided to share that information on my facebook page. I never thought for a minute that someone my age would get Breast Cancer and so I wanted to make my friends more aware that it can happen to anyone.
FAST FORWARD...
It’s been just over 2 months now since I completed all my treatment and I’m fortunate that the cancer is all gone. The NHS staff that I met over the last 8 months have been outstanding and made this journey more bearable. Thank you! My next chapter has now started and it’s time to enjoy life!
Join Us for the #WorldCancerDay 2017 Walk, Cycle & Marathon against
#cancer Sat. 4th Feb. 2017, 7am, Unity Fountain, Abuja.

See Samirah photos here http://jeremiahjamesinfo..com/2017/01/semirah-bello-shared-on-facebook.html
Re: Semirah Bello Shared On Facebook Worldcancerday Post About Adele Who Was Diagnos by subtlemee(f): 6:08am On Jan 25, 2017
This is encouraging as most people with cancer usually feel it's the end of the road

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Nurses Protest Decay In Health Sector...#pics / World Cancer Day In Nigeria / Female Fertility Concerns: Part 1 - Pointers To Aid Your Conception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.