Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God (565 Views)

Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by truthmans2012: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
In Malaysia, the government banned Christians from using the word 'Allah' in reference to the Christian God, and in one incident, reported by CNN in October of 2009, twenty-thousand Bibles were seized by authorities because they referred to the Christian God as 'Allah,' completely disregarding the fact that due to the evolution of the Malay language, which has borrowed extensively from Arabic, Sanskrit and Portuguese, there is no indigenous Malay word for 'God' other than the pagan 'Allah'. It was reported that in 2010 a court ruling overturned the ban, a decision which the government has appealed against, insisting that it should remain in place. This decision to allow Christians to use the word 'Allah' has led to violent protests and bombings of several Malaysian churches.[3] One of the protesters summed up the thoughts of many Malaysian Muslims, stating, “Allah is only for us, The Christians can use any word, we don’t care, but please don’t use the word Allah.”

So, according to Muslims, is 'Allah' the word for 'God' or the name of their particular deity distinct from the God of Christianity and Judaism? No doubt you will receive very different answers depending on the situation. However, the original Arabic script found within the Qur'an tells you all that you need to know.
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by truthmans2012: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by truthmans2012: 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Malaysian Muslims appear to know islam better than most muslims. Allah himself confirms he is not the same God of the Jews and the Christians.

Quran 109:1-6

1.Say: O disbelievers! ( all kufars: Jews and Christians)

2. I worship not that which ye worship;

3. Nor worship ye that which I worship.

4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Allah above told Muhammad to tell the Jews and Christians that he is different from their God for not believing in him as in Quran 9:29.
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by annunaki2(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
Why would any right thinking christian want to use the name of a pagan idol as a name or title for God

1 Like

Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
ah well undecided
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
annunaki2:
Why would any right thinking christian want to use the name of a pagan idol as a name or title for God

Same shii i wanted 2 ask. Besides d name "allah" sounds like "anal" 2 me
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by truthmans2012: 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Fuyoma:

Same shii i wanted 2 ask. Besides d name "allah" sounds like "anal" 2 me

Huummm!!!
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by texudeen: 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
I taught as much becos, some songs sang by christians in northern naija includes allah instead of d hausa name for God
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by mumumugu(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
is this a problem of language or a problem of people or problem of god
Re: Christians Banned From Calling Allah Their God by truthmans2012: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
mumumugu:
is this a problem of language or a problem of people or problem of god

Problem of the true identity of allah.

For thousands of years the Isreael have been dealing with God, He was not.known by the name allah. And that makes me wonder why Isreali muslims abandoned God's name.given to their fathers and recognize allah. If Yahweh and allah are the same Being, Israeli Muslims should have sticked to Yahweh their local language.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: DSS Invites Apostle Suleiman For Interrogation Monday / ... / The Falshood Of Evolution "Theory"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.