Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigerian Living In Tanzania - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Tanzania (29864 Views)

Nigerians No Longer Eligible For Visa On Arrival In Tanzania / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2017
@all,any nigerian here ?pls what's the situation in tanzania now?
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Kilewani: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
cutieme:
@all,any nigerian here ?pls what's the situation in tanzania now?

Karibu {welcome}to Tanzania, everything is fine.
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by summerflame(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
Kilewani:

Karibu {welcome}to Tanzania, everything is fine.
uku api?
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
@kilewani,i heard they your govt is disturbing foreigners ever since a new govt began so pls i'd like to know if they are still hunting them or they have stopped.Again i'd like to know how much one could get an apartment there,let's say selfcontained apartment,thanks.
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Ramaa(m): 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
cutieme:
@kilewani,i heard they your govt is disturbing foreigners ever since a new govt began so pls i'd like to know if they are still hunting them or they have stopped.Again i'd like to know how much one could get an apartment there,let's say selfcontained apartment,thanks.
Disturbance only for illegal migrants....if you are in the country legally no problems and you are free.....

About cost of renting apartments here depend on the locations of that apartments........

There is local areas like Magomeni, Kimara, Kariakoo, Manzese, Sinza and Mwenge you can catch an apartment for even $25 per month but these areas safety at your own risk....so many robberies incidents...and other crime activities.....

Areas like Masaki, Oysterbay, Kawe ,Mbezi beach, Msasani are safety places but are too expensives

Apartments with self contained single room can cost up $ 600 per month.....so choice is yours....
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by elvisdaniels(m): 10:13am On May 13, 2017
Ramaa:
Hahahahahaaaaa......i will teach you swahili....if you are ready......

Life here is very easy...when you swahili language.....

Mambo vipi....!??
please I'd like to know more about Tanzania ,if you don't mind can I get your mobile phone number?
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nobody: 1:15am On May 25, 2017
ILL BE GOING THERE IN JULY, MY FRIEND WHO IS A IMMIGRATION OFFICER IS INVITING ME OVER. HOPE TO VISIT, ARUSHA, ZANZIBAR AND SOME OTHER PLACES.
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by afelouz(m): 9:32pm On May 26, 2017
Hi everyone, pls I will be visiting Zanzibar in few weeks and my flight will be arriving 3.30am, I don't know if i can get an airport transfer or cab from the Dar Es Salaam airport that will take me to my hotel in Zanzibar incase the hotel can't provide a driver around that time. thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2017
afelouz:
Hi everyone, pls I will be visiting Zanzibar in few weeks and my flight will be arriving 3.30am, I don't know if i can get an airport transfer or cab from the Dar Es Salaam airport that will take me to my hotel in Zanzibar incase the hotel can't provide a driver around that time. thanks
Pls how much did. you get your visa and booked your flight?
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by afelouz(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2017
Its visa on arrival for Nigerians, meanning you can fly there and pay $50 to get your visa at dar airport in Tanzania. Thats what a friend who has visited Tanzania before told me and for flight, you can always check wakanow and play with the dates, there are amazing rate there from rwandair and kenya airways
cutieme:
Pls how much did. you get your visa and booked your flight?
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cutieme(m): 11:28pm On May 27, 2017
afelouz:
Its visa on arrival for Nigerians, meanning you can fly there and pay $50 to get your visa at dar airport in Tanzania. Thats what a friend who has visited Tanzania before told me and for flight, you can always check wakanow and play with the dates, there are amazing rate there from rwandair and kenya airways
Thanks man
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by afelouz(m): 4:10pm On May 28, 2017
you are welcome, but if you are concern about the visa on arrival thing, you can try the embassy at abuja maybe they can issue it there.
cutieme:
Thanks man
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by nna4ke: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hello fellow NLs, please i will like to know the situation of things in Tanzania presently cos, i plan to visit there by Next month, can i have any Nigerians contact i can relate with during my visit?
Thanks.

Ramaa:
Disturbance only for illegal migrants....if you are in the country legally no problems and you are free.....

About cost of renting apartments here depend on the locations of that apartments........

There is local areas like Magomeni, Kimara, Kariakoo, Manzese, Sinza and Mwenge you can catch an apartment for even $25 per month but these areas safety at your own risk....so many robberies incidents...and other crime activities.....

Areas like Masaki, Oysterbay, Kawe ,Mbezi beach, Msasani are safety places but are too expensives

Apartments with self contained single room can cost up $ 600 per month.....so choice is yours....
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
afelouz:
you are welcome, but if you are concern about the visa on arrival thing, you can try the embassy at abuja maybe they can issue it there.

You can get the visa in Abuja without issues..
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by fitlaw(m): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2017
Feel free to ask me more about Tanzania Visa, latest updates how to get your Tanzania Visa as soon as possible. I can also help you to get it as urgent as possible. Because most embassy especially Europe don't like virgin passport except student visa and transit Visa but tourist Visa, they will not grant you if it is tourist visa

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by sKeetz(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2017
fitlaw:
Feel free to ask me more about Tanzania Visa, latest updates how to get your Tanzania Visa as soon as possible. I can also help you to get it as urgent as possible. Because most embassy especially Europe don't like virgin passport except student visa and transit Visa but tourist Visa, they will not grant you if it is tourist visa

Lies

Stop deceiving people

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by fitlaw(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2017
What do you mean by deceiving people? Check what I uploaded if it not real
sKeetz:

Lies

Stop deceiving people
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by sKeetz(m): 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
fitlaw:
What do you mean by deceiving people? Check what I uploaded if it not real

People get visas on virgin passports all the time. So it's not true

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nwebele: 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
clrkbutler:
Are you a Nigerian and want to visit or live in Tanzania ? Recently most Nigerian find it hard to get an accurate answer for the travel tips to TZ which i will be doing Henceforth . Please ask whatever you need to know and i can put you through . Its a very lovely place to be and live , very affordable and peaceful .

Why are people so wicked. You cook up lies just selfish gains not minding what the victims of your scam might suffer. A lot of Nigerians are in prison in Tanzania with no one to help bail them out. Their only crime being falling prey to scam adverts like this only to get to tanzania and have the little with them taken.

Tanzania is peaceful to some extent, yes. The higher percentage of them are not literate hence jobless or doing menial jobs. Other handful percentage are in the commercial hub doing business (Kariakoo). The only difference btw a Tanzanian and Nigerian businessman is that the maintain good profit margin unlike nigerians who compete senselessly.

Tanzanians hate foreigners (fact). No matter how nice you are to them or how much they smile with you, their major preocupation is how to get rid of you even if they have to burgle your warehouse. They do that in conspiracy and their police cover them. They dont want you to invade their system at their detriment. They would rather allow you make mistakes and losses than teach you their swahili. It is best if you have someone who is eztablished already there who can help you integrate into the system. Otherwise, you get waisted. They are snitches/snipers everywhere in the business place. You would think the world is against you when police and immigration always get hold of you. You would have to bribe your way out and when you are milked dry, they can throw you into their prison to rot away or pity you and deport you.

HIV prevalence is very high here and they see aids like ordinary malaria. Dont mess with their women' s heart or the set you up and f*ck your life up with immi and police.
You cant get any benefit by marrying their ladies.

You are only a little free if you come to Tanzania as a student and lead a quiet life. Or you have huge capital that can cover between dollars 2k-3.5k permit for business and that is not even easy to get. Even with permit, you still get harrased for work permit which is about 1.5k before you can peacefully do busiiness. Be ready to have your documentation for your goods sources or police and tra will not let you rest. Again, taxes you have to pay for all goods sold. Tanzania is not easy. Only good to come for sightseeing. They hate Nigerians with a passion.

I stand to be corrected

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nwebele: 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ramaa:

Thanks for being honest here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by fitlaw(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Am telling what I experienced in Turkey embassy at Abuja. Just returned on Saturday from Abuja
sKeetz:

People get visas on virgin passports all the time. So it's not true

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by emesen: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
pls how much money can one make in a month there work or business
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nwebele: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
emesen:
pls how much money can one make in a month there work or business

If you come into tanzania with a lot of money and have a duly registered business with resdent permit and work permit, in a year or two, you will be smiling to the bank
Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by cosade(m): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
fitlaw:

Tanzania, one of the world's poorest economies in terms of per capita income is the one you're touting here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by Nwebele: 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
Truth about Tanzanians

1. They are very patriotic. They love their country and their countrymen. They respect their infractustures. No vandalism. They keep their environment very clean. There has been ban of satchet waters due to litterings. They frown at any one who litters. There are paid labourers sweeping even untarred roads. Tanzanians love themselves. Thats why they have a general mode of addressing one another as brothers (kaka) or (dada) sisters. A tanzanian would see his brother robbing you and would turn his eyes away. They would never take sides with you no matter what the brother doe[sup][/sup]s to you.

2. Recourse to public funds. Govt keeps the responsibilty of providing them basic infractures eg constant light, pipe borne water (though clean but not healthy for drinking) and good roads. Their BRT project is long completed with high standard. Continous repairs on major roads etc.

3. Tanzanians do not welcome influx of migrants who seek employment. The new president introduced a policy that makes it hard for foreigners to get easy documentation and or renewal of old documentation. They prefer to rather employ their own people and feel threatened that foreigners would render their citizens jobless. A great percentage of expatriates were denied work permit renewal and many have left Tanzania in the recent past.

Tanzanians have a very strong Beaureaucracy. It is very difficult to enjoy the system as an illegal. There are many willing snipers and informants who would tell on you. The law enforcement agents are always cracking down on such, especially around the business area. Even people who live in regions (outside major cities) are always arrested at home at odd hours. Your documents should always be with you as you are very likely to be stopped and searched at any time. It is hard to beat their system and be comfortable, especially in densely commercial areas. Hence, you should try to be documented properly.

Due to increased illiteracy and attendant joblessess, there are many cases of petty stealing, bag snatching, house and shop burgles, phone snatching. They can even snatch your phone and sell it back to you. Despite all these, there are few cases of armed robbery attack and rapes unlike some African countries where armed robbery is a nightmare and bloody.

Religious tolerance. They even intermarry though majority in the city are moslems

Business is good in tanzania but Tanzanians dont welcome foreign counterparts in business areas. They can connive with insiders or staff to raid business owners and nothing would come out of it.

Nevertheless, with God on one's side and a good host who must be your own person that has established against all odds, being your guide, tanzania is a blessed commercial place. Not for work. They dont appreciate your skill. They prefer you train their people and leave. No work. You can school and leave. Few die hard nigerians chose to stay, suffered major setbacks, bounced back and have made it big from Tanzania.

May God bless our hustles

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by mbano(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
@Sassyp you just hit the nail on the head!. I was reading with keen interest until i read your thread and it came in just the way it really is. Tanzania is not what it used to be. The new president has changed everything. I dont need to say more, bcoz you have said it all. i have been going there since 2011 and i was there even in April this year eventhough I have RP .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by mbano(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
@Nwebele you are quite on point. Everything you wrote here is FACT.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Tanzania by mbano(m): 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nwebele:
Truth about Tanzanians

1. They are very patriotic. They love their country and their countrymen. They respect their infractustures. No vandalism. They keep their environment very clean. There has been ban of satchet waters due to litterings. They frown as any one who litters. There are paid labourers sweeping even untarred roads. Tanzanians love themselves. Thats why they have a general mode of addressing one another as brothers (kaka) or (dada) sisters. A tanzanian would see his brother robbing you and would turn his eyes away. They would never take sides with you no matter what the brother dis to you.

2. Recourse to public funds. Govt keeps the responsibilty of providing them basic infractures eg constant light, pipe borne water (thought clean but not healthy fro drinking) and good roads. Their BRT project is long completed with high standard. Continous repairs on major roads etc.

3. Tanzanians do not welcome influx of migrants who seek employment. The new president introduced a policy that makes it hard for foreigners to get easy documentation and or renewal of old documentation. They prefer to rather employ their own people and feel threatened that foreigners would render their citizens jobless. A great percentage of expatriates were denied work permit renewal and many have left Tanzania in the recent past.

Tanzanians have a very strong Beaureaucracy. It is very difficult to enjoy the system as an illegal. There are many willing snitches and informants who would tell on you. The law enforcement are always cracking down on such, especially around the business area. Even people who live in regions (outside major cities) are always arredted at home at odd hours. Your documents should always be with you as you are very likely to be stopped and searched at any time. It is hard to beat their system and be confortable. Hence, you should try to be documented properly.

Due to increased illiteracy and attendant joblessess, there are many cases of petty stealing, bag snatches, house and shop burgles, phone snatching. They can even snatch your phone and sell it back to you. Despite all these, there are few cases of armed robbery attack and rapes unlike some African countries where armed robbery is a nightmare and bloody.

Religious tolerance. They even intermarry though majority in the city are moslems

Business is good in tanzania but Tanzanians dont welcome foreign counterparts in business area. They can connive with insiders or staff to raid business owners and nothing would come out of it.

Nevertheless, with God on one's side and a good host who must be your own person that has established against all odd being your guide, tanzania is a blessed commercial place. Not for work. They dont appreciate your skill. They prefer you train their people and leave. No work. You can school and leave. Fewdie hards nigerians chose to stay, suffered major setbacks, bounced back and have made it big from Tanzania.

May God bless our hustles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside An Illegal Immigration Mass Trial In Texas(Photos) / Ifedioramma D.C Best Traffic Warden In Awka, Anambra State / The Bad State Of Lagos Carter Bridge. Government Do Something (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.