Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land (12596 Views)

Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by farmerwealth(m): 7:39am On Jan 26, 2017
If you want to go into plantain farming, this is rhe right time to do so. By clearing land before the rain starts fully
COST ANALYSIS AND RETURNS OF PLANTAIN PLANTATION ON ONE ACRE OF LAND

Analysing costs of production, two costs are to be put into consideration. Fixed and Variable Costs.

Fixed costs: Land purchase(1acre): #250,000; Hoes, cutlasses, wheelbarrow, knapsack sprayer: #40,000; Plantain suckers: #105,000. Total Fixed Cost(TFC): #395,000.

Variable cost:
Land preparation: #15,000
Labour: #35,000
Manure + transportation: #50,000
Fertilizers: #96,000
Chemicals: #10,000

Total Variable Costs(TVC): #206,000

Total Cost (TC):#395,000+ #206,000
TC: #601,000

Returns: Average price of a dozen of bunches of big plantain: #8,500 * 58dozens =#493,000.
Note1: the prices stated in the write up varies base on location and time

Note2: plantain suckers were placed under FC, because you don't buy another suckers for other production, as plantain regenerate itself.

Note3: also know that you should not expect profit in your 1st production, but if it comes, well thank your star.

For a more detailed business plan for plantain plantation, supply of suckers, farm development and management call 08108776718/ whatsapp: 08059371220

1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by Ermacc: 7:56am On Jan 26, 2017
nice one op. though I think the value for land preparation is rather too small, the land should need some certain level of fencing for security reason and land development dues are paid for new lands. This should be included to avoid surprise cost

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by godaniel(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2017
Educating
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by farmerwealth(m): 8:18am On Jan 26, 2017
Ermacc:
nice one op. though I think the value for land preparation is rather too small, the land should need some certain level of fencing for security reason and land development dues are paid for new lands. This should be included to avoid surprise cost
Thanks for your observation. But I stated it in the write up that those prices given vary based on location and time. So for a detailed biz plan the location and other things would be put into consideration.
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by jayyjayy1(m): 3:05am On Jan 29, 2017
Nice analysis, but how many suckers do you intend to acquire with #105,000, pls explain.
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by farmerwealth(m): 2:31am On Jan 30, 2017
700 suckers
jayyjayy1:
Nice analysis, but how many suckers do you intend to acquire with #105,000, pls explain.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by Mustack: 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
farmerwealth:
700 suckers
150 per sucker
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by freshpzy1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
How many months or year will it take b4 harvest from the time it is planted
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by okem09: 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2017
I've already gotten land in Ibadan, pls can u help me do the costing
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by farmerwealth(m): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
yes plus delivery
Mustack:
150 per sucker
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by farmerwealth(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2017
whatsapp me through 08059371220. And i was in Ibadan yesterday 29/01/17 to setup vegetable garden
okem09:
I've already gotten land in Ibadan, pls can u help me do the costing

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by farmerwealth(m): 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
8months
freshpzy1:
How many months or year will it take b4 harvest from the time it is planted
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by freshpzy1(m): 11:26am On Feb 04, 2017
Tnks for the response, after you harvest, what are the expenses for the next planting.
I heard plantains don't require any more expenses apart from the first year.....how through is that
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by farmerwealth(m): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2017
freshpzy1:
Tnks for the response, after you harvest, what are the expenses for the next planting.
I heard plantains don't require any more expenses apart from the first year.....how through is that
all you need next is to remove the harvested stand, thin (reduce) the number of new stand, weeding when it's due, and fertilization. I'll appreciate whatsapp chat, cos I may not hav the chance here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by ekstopher: 1:53am On May 09, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5832460/3-tips-manage-risks-plantain

I think you suys should also read this on managing risks in plantain farming

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by konews: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2021
get our Plantain Farming And Processing Business Plan With 3 Years Financial Analysis
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/plantain-farming-and-processing-business-plan-with-3-years-financial-analysis/
Re: Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land by Jovar(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
Previous belief is that Apple doesn't grow in Nigeria, but research gone more than that, some of us already know that by now the recent hybrid is completely compatible with nigeria soil.

Semi Arid Wambugu Apple Seedlings
The normally imported apple, here's hybrid that's compatible with nigeria soil. It starts fruiting in 9-10 months. Between 500 to 2,000 fruits per tree. And it fruits twice per year July /August & December/January.
Far too many people eat apple daily. The demand is high but the only supply is import, border is usually been closed. Apple is a very lucrative gold mine.
Buy an improved, well nursed, dwarf very fertile hybrid apple seedlings.

This is a recent improved hybrid compatible with all African soil

Other Improved Hybrid Seedlings Available:
Teak seedlings 
Cashew seedlings
Pineapple Suckers
Bell apple seedling
Strawberry seedlings 
Noni plant seedlings
Pomegranate seedlings 
Xylopia (eeru) seedling
African walnut seedling
Ugu seeds and seedlings   
Grafted mango seedlings
Neem (dongoyaro) seedling
Alfalfa seeds and seedlings 
Soursop Seeds and Seedlings
Passion fruit seed and seedling 
Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedlings
Jumbo guava seeds and seedlings
Sugar apple (or Sweetsop) seedling 
Dwarf pawpaw seeds and seedlings
Jackfruit  / Breadfruit (Nut / Yam type)
Cocoa seedlings, pods & dried raw seeds
Dwarf Semi Arid/ Wambugu apple  seedling
Dwarf Oilpalm seedlings(Tenera & Super Gene)
Avocado seedling
Local Pear (Ube) seedling
Hass Avocado(Pear) seedlings
Irvingia gabonensis(oro) seedling
Irvingia wombulu(ogbono) seedling
Cameroon plantain suckers and plantlet
Giant cavendish banana suckers and plantlet
Sweet orange, Tangerlo, Grape vine, Lime, Lisbon and Indian Lemon, Shaddock, Tangerine, and double budded seedling of all citrus species and many other seedlings...

We're behind the Glo office in Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State, you can visit for self pickup, or we help send to anywhere (in Nigeria) through transport easily(waybill). USA, UK and some other foreign countries through shipping.

Jovar Resources™ (RC 2875407)
Jovar.success@gmail.com
Call & Whatsapp 08036399734
Call to buy now to enjoy festive discount...

(1) (Reply)

Pawpaw Plantation - How Profitable Is It? / Going Further With Sack Farming / Practical Goat/Sheep Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.