Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

BRT Introduces New Transport Fares - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT Introduces New Transport Fares (33437 Views)

Interstate Travel: We May Increase Fares, Says NURTW / Libya Returnees Reject Edo Govt N1000 Transport Fares / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:31pm On Jan 26, 2017
The change is real. It is well.

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Ahzyz(m): 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2017
As a lagos state civil servant level 5 step 3 earning 19,000 monthly leaving at ogudu working at apapa,,,,,, i pity my self.

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by MufasaRebirth: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
sexyjuly:
chai this is wen we need this mmm most.....i miss mmm grin
MMM guys are coming for you, they are gonna roast you just like boli lol grin
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
ok, seen. next bad news please

2 Likes

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by mkoabiola: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
Change is real.

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by sexyjuly(f): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
lol. and am ready for dem...
MufasaRebirth:

MMM guys are coming for you, they are gonna roast you just like boli lol grin
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by braine(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
I have always wondered how they survived so long without increment of fares. Its not bad sha.

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by stansaintly(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
Stop lamenting. You and your people voted for CHANGE.

He that fetches maggots infected logs/firewood should not grumble for the visitation of agama lizard.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by MufasaRebirth: 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
sexyjuly:
lol. and am ready for dem...
Lol me don run ooo grin
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by sexyjuly(f): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
haaa u wan leave me?we r in dis together oo grin
MufasaRebirth:

Lol me don run ooo grin
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by joisfeko: 3:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
EdifiedCEO:
Plans have been announced of the increment of fares on all routes of the Lagos State Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) scheme, an operator with Primero Transport Services said.

The company’s Managing Director, Mr Fola Tinubu, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ikorodu on Thursday.

Tinubu said that the increase, which will take effect from February was as result of its increasing operational cost.

The company has maintained a fare of N75, N120, and N195 from Ikorodu to Mile 12, Fadeyi, and CMS, respectively, since it started operations in November 2015.

I am a yellow bus driver LT bus ,atimes I wonder how this BRT makes their money, deidel is 260 to 270 now , all the parts of motor is very very expensive ,they will pay the drivers ,pay the mechanics , above all ths they will carry iyana ipaja _oshodi wazo, 50 times 50 seater. Thts 2500k which is not up to what the danfo that is 14 seater make in a trip to oshodi, infact they should calculate it wela b4 they increase.

According to him, the company will introduce new fares which will take effect between the end of February and early March.

Tinubu said: “we are going to increase our price because of the situation in the country, our cost has just gone through the roof.

“At this time last year, we bought 1.2 million litres of diesel monthly at N120 per litre, we are now buying at N260; tyres that cost N70,000 each now go for N140,000.

“All the parts used for the buses are imported so they’ve all doubled or tripled in price; and we have no choice but to continue to buy them.

“So, in doing that we have to find a way to make it work because you all know that the buses were bought in China; so, we have a foreign dollar component in our debt portfolio.

“When we bought the buses it was N168 to a US dollar and now we are talking of N470 and we still have to pay the dollar component back.

“So, our debt has increased and our cost of operation has gone through the roof, and we have managed to keep the pricing same for now.

“In fact, right now, we are subsidising every person we carry, and if you are running a business, you can only do that for so long.’’

He said though the company was aware of its social responsibility, but the increase in fares was inevitable if its b
us services were to be kept on a sustainable footing.

“The airlines have increased their between 200 per cent and 300 per cent but we will not even do 100 per cent.

“So, it is going to be something manageable for people. I will try not to put a figure to that now because the governor still has to approve it, and I don’t want to preempt him.

“What I can say is that it’s going to be a marginal increase and not a drastic increase and still less than what the commercial bus operators are charging right now.

“We are not even going to be close to that; but there is no other solution to it because if we do not, it is going to be recipe for disaster down the road,’’ Tinubu, said.

NAN reports that operators of the yellow-painted commercial bus currently charge N150, N200, and N350 from Ikorodu to Mile 12, Fadeyi, and CMS, respectively.

On the issue of delays caused during drivers changeover, Tinubu said the company had introduced the Early Riser System to check the menace.

“We send a total of 75 buses out at 4.30 so that when majority of the busmen are changing over the early risers are still on the wheels.

“As time goes on, we may increase to 100 buses so that that way it would completely eliminate 1.30 p.m – 2.30 p.m delay issue.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/brt-introduces-new-transport-fares.html

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by MufasaRebirth: 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
sexyjuly:
haaa u wan leave me?we r in dis together oo grin
Those guys nor get joy ooo cry I don warn you
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Decryptor(m): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
sheguy:
Tinubu, u go die with Buhari

Don't allow afonjas to hear you. Tinubu is like their god.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by masseratti: 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
hucienda:
Change.

Some folks won't forget that word in a long time.
no we wont,the ex govt didnt work thats why we changed it,if this does not work we change it also,thats the beauty of democracy.

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by upuphim(m): 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
Please help me tell them to provide card for payment. So that we can always get good value for our money. Paying beginning to end destination is cheating when you are going to that stretch. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by goshen26: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
*WHY AM HAPPY THAT MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS THE PRESIDENT*!!!

*...ODIDERE AYEKOTO...*

*Today, I want to take time and thank GOD for making Buhari the president of this country*.

*At first, I did not understand why GOD allowed it to happen. But now I know and I HAVE SEEN reasons why we should accept his Presidency*.

*Had it been Buhari did not become President*:

*1. We will think that by now fuel will be #45 per litre*.

*2. We will think that by now #1 will be equal to $1*.

*3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created*.

*4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving #5,000.00 stipends*.

*5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school*.

*6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public*.

*7. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free*.

*8. We will think that by now Boko Haram will be a thing of the past*.

*9. We will think that by now all corrupt leaders will be in jail*.

*10. We will think that by now Electricity will be 24/7*

*11. We think that by now Nigeria will be the Greatest and strongest Economy in the world*.

*12. We will think by now a bag of rice will be N5000 with a boom in Agriculture*.

*13. We will think by now Nigeria would have recovered all looted funds*.

*14. We will think by now Nnamdi Kanu would have declared Independent State of Biafra*.

*15. We will think that by now Nigeria would have gotten 3 standard working Refinery*.

*16. We will think that by now Nigeria would have stopped importation of fuel*.

*17. We will think by now office of the First Lady will no longer exist*.

*18. We will think by now National Assembly salary would have been cut down to 50%*.

*19. We will think that by now 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state) would have been created*.

*20. We will think that by now there would be permanent peace in the Niger Delta*.

*21. We will think that by now Chibok girls would have been rescued*.

*22. We will think that by now the government would have started creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter*.

*23. By now everybody will be blaming Goodluck Jonathan and calling him clueless*.

*The list is almost endless..."*

*This is Nigeria of 2016*

*The Minister of Agriculture studied French*

*The Minister of Education studied Accounting*

*The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International relations*

*The Minister of Power studied Law*

*The Minister of Communications studied Law*

*The Minister of Transport studied English*.

*Minister of Labour and Employment studied Surgery*

*Minister of Budget and national planning studied law*

*Minister of Foreign Affairs studied Medicine*

*Minister of Petroleum studied Law*

*IGP studied Agriculture*

*I didn't say anything ooo but I hope u know why our economy is on recess

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by deebrain(m): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
hucienda:
Change.
Some folks won't forget that word in a long time.
Like seriously

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by lovat(m): 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2017
doctokwus:

The issue is that as bad as d PMB govt has turned out to be,there is no candidate out there who is not utterly corrupt and whose ability to take us out of this economic nightmare is guaranteed.
Rather than vote in any member of d killer party,PDP,or face d grim prospects of another PMB term,if God keeps him,I feel Osinbajo,divinely enthrolled by circumstances and allowed a full 4yr term from 2019,is d safest option.
He may or maynot take us of d woods,but d nightmare of anyone of Saraki,Atiku,Lamido,Kwankwaso etc being president of this country,is a sure recipee of taking us back to the era of free looting,besides not aving any hope of having an economic plan to end d severe hardship in d land.
You ve been known to make bad decisions so kindly keep quiet

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by sunnyside16(m): 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
We voted for change.......we must face it.
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
The aftermath of such tactless and rudderless announcement are usually an uncontrolled increase in other prices even before this takes effect. Other buses and other goods would likely do the increase before them, why do we cause more problems for ourselves by ourselves?

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by jeftalene(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
Meanwhile do you know that prices of iron rods or rebars has gone up from #165,000 in December, last year to #240,000 today?

How would you know when you didnt check Osaz'Index.

Always visit www.engineerosaz..com to see latest prices of all building materials in Nigeria and be informed.
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
doctokwus:

The issue is that as bad as d PMB govt has turned out to be,there is no candidate out there who is not utterly corrupt and whose ability to take us out of this economic nightmare is guaranteed.
Rather than vote in any member of d killer party,PDP,or face d grim prospects of another PMB term,if God keeps him,I feel Osinbajo,divinely enthrolled by circumstances and allowed a full 4yr term from 2019,is d safest option.
He may or maynot take us of d woods,but d nightmare of anyone of Saraki,Atiku,Lamido,Kwankwaso etc being president of this country,is a sure recipee of taking us back to the era of free looting,besides not aving any hope of having an economic plan to end d severe hardship in d land.

Osinbajo is in charge of the economy already. He's playing the role NOI played. Evidently, they are overwhelmed and need divine intervention. All his law experience and promises are yet to be put to best use. He's also acted as President longer than any vice already.
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by felo812000(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
uddeze:
ok, seen. next bad news please
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Crizillion1(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
I de come make I buy bread
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by felo812000(m): 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
I love this mehn shocked shocked grin cheesy
goshen26:
*WHY AM HAPPY THAT MUHAMMADU BUHARI IS THE PRESIDENT*!!!

*...ODIDERE AYEKOTO...*

*Today, I want to take time and thank GOD for making Buhari the president of this country*.

*At first, I did not understand why GOD allowed it to happen. But now I know and I HAVE SEEN reasons why we should accept his Presidency*.

*Had it been Buhari did not become President*:

*1. We will think that by now fuel will be #45 per litre*.

*2. We will think that by now #1 will be equal to $1*.

*3. We will think that by now three million jobs would have been created*.

*4. We will think that by now unemployed youths would have been receiving #5,000.00 stipends*.

*5. We will think that by now pupils would have been getting at least a meal(including fruits) in school*.

*6. We will think that by now Buhari would have made his assets and liabilities public*.

*7. We will think that by now maternal and children healthcare services would be free*.

*8. We will think that by now Boko Haram will be a thing of the past*.

*9. We will think that by now all corrupt leaders will be in jail*.

*10. We will think that by now Electricity will be 24/7*

*11. We think that by now Nigeria will be the Greatest and strongest Economy in the world*.

*12. We will think by now a bag of rice will be N5000 with a boom in Agriculture*.

*13. We will think by now Nigeria would have recovered all looted funds*.

*14. We will think by now Nnamdi Kanu would have declared Independent State of Biafra*.

*15. We will think that by now Nigeria would have gotten 3 standard working Refinery*.

*16. We will think that by now Nigeria would have stopped importation of fuel*.

*17. We will think by now office of the First Lady will no longer exist*.

*18. We will think by now National Assembly salary would have been cut down to 50%*.

*19. We will think that by now 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state) would have been created*.

*20. We will think that by now there would be permanent peace in the Niger Delta*.

*21. We will think that by now Chibok girls would have been rescued*.

*22. We will think that by now the government would have started creating additional middle-class of at least two million new home owners in the first year in government and one million annually thereafter*.

*23. By now everybody will be blaming Goodluck Jonathan and calling him clueless*.

*The list is almost endless..."*

*This is Nigeria of 2016*

*The Minister of Agriculture studied French*

*The Minister of Education studied Accounting*

*The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International relations*

*The Minister of Power studied Law*

*The Minister of Communications studied Law*

*The Minister of Transport studied English*.

*Minister of Labour and Employment studied Surgery*

*Minister of Budget and national planning studied law*

*Minister of Foreign Affairs studied Medicine*

*Minister of Petroleum studied Law*

*IGP studied Agriculture*

*I didn't say anything ooo but I hope u know why our economy is on recess

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by holysaint1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
I seriously don't know why Nigerians still summon the courage in saying we still buy car parts abroad.. When innoson is still in business..

For crying out loud, This is what growing naija is all about.. Instead of saving more cost, you spend a whole lot in flights that are not still not Nigerian airways.., again spending more cash... And providing more employment for the exportig nations.

My people perish for lack of knowledge..
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by JennieCutie4U(f): 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
finally! recession has gotten to BRT company run by primero...okay, but Oga Tinubu sir, mk u no change our #70 fare for Ikoyi to fadeyi o, we r enjoying dat seventy naira no be small...but all d same, you guys hv tried sha in keeping down d fares for sometime now. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Royals1st: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
[quote author=EdifiedCEO post=53148663]Plans have been announced of the increment of fares on all routes of the Lagos State Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) scheme, an operator with Primero Transport Services said.

The company’s Managing Director, Mr Fola Tinubu, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ikorodu on Thursday.

Tinubu said that the increase, which will take effect from February was as result of its increasing operational cost.

The company has maintained a fare of N75, N120, and N195 from Ikorodu to Mile 12, Fadeyi, and CMS, respectively, since it started operations in November 2015.

According to him, the company will introduce new fares which will take effect between the end of February and early March.

Tinubu said: “we are going to increase our price because of the situation in the country, our cost has just gone through the roof.

“At this time last year, we bought 1.2 million litres of diesel monthly at N120 per litre, we are now buying at N260; tyres that cost N70,000 each now go for N140,000.

“All the parts used for the buses are imported so they’ve all doubled or tripled in price; and we have no choice but to continue to buy them.

“So, in doing that we have to find a way to make it work because you all know that the buses were bought in China; so, we have a foreign dollar component in our debt portfolio.

“When we bought the buses it was N168 to a US dollar and now we are talking of N470 and we still have to pay the dollar component back.

“So, our debt has increased and our cost of operation has gone through the roof, and we have managed to keep the pricing same for now.

“In fact, right now, we are subsidising every person we carry, and if you are running a business, you can only do that for so long.’’

He said though the company was aware of its social responsibility, but the increase in fares was inevitable if its bus services were to be kept on a sustainable footing.

“The airlines have increased their between 200 per cent and 300 per cent but we will not even do 100 per cent.

“So, it is going to be something manageable for people. I will try not to put a figure to that now because the governor still has to approve it, and I don’t want to preempt him.

“What I can say is that it’s going to be a marginal increase and not a drastic increase and still less than what the commercial bus operators are charging right now.

“We are not even going to be close to that; but there is no other solution to it because if we do not, it is going to be recipe for disaster down the road,’’ Tinubu, said.

NAN reports that operators of the yellow-painted commercial bus currently charge N150, N200, and N350 from Ikorodu to Mile 12, Fadeyi, and CMS, respectively.

On the issue of delays caused during drivers changeover, Tinubu said the company had introduced the Early Riser System to check the menace.

“We send a total of 75 buses out at 4.30 so that when majority of the busmen are changing over the early risers are still on the wheels.

“As time goes on, we may increase to 100 buses so that that way it would completely eliminate 1.30 p.m – 2.30 p.m delay issue.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/brt-introduces-new-transport-fares.html

The company’s Managing Director, Mr Fola (Tinubu) if u have church mind u will understand what I bracket
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by deolu2000(m): 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
It is only a wicked soul that will fault this move by primero, their operational cost has more than doubled for over a year and they kept the buses on the roads at no extra cost and with even improved services, i can't but obliged them the increament, i just hope the ecomomy stabilizes in no time, so that cost of living will be reduced for all Nigerians.
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by Donsimple(m): 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
We are on it together may God have mercy on the Masses
Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by franklynsunny(m): 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
Jesus
Which type of suffer is dis one called

1 Like

Re: BRT Introduces New Transport Fares by bjay13: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Why is govt not increasing workers' salary... ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Adekunle Fajuyi Memorial Park In Ado Ekiti / Businessman Single-handedly Constructed A Tarred Road In Sabon Gari, Kano / Chinese Taxi Driver Sacked For Sleeping For A Full Minute While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.