Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake (2415 Views)

Byton's M-byte Is The 1st Production Car To Have A Touchscreen On Steering Wheel / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hiā€‘Tech Car Thieves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
Please I have 2009 Camry
I noticed when I pressed the brake pedal at a certain speed the steering wheel shakes
Please what could cause it?
This only happen when speed and trying to break and this do not happen all the time
Pls what could be checked and what will be the permanent solution to it
Tanx for the urgent response
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
It happens all the time tongue but certain conditions have to be met for it to occur. You have to be driving over a certain speed to notice it, usually at about 80km/h and above (in mild cases) in more sever cases it could be triggered at slower speeds.

If my assumptions are correct, you have a wrapped brake rotor, and you can either fix (if there is still enough braking material left) or out rightly replace.

1 Like

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by bakynes(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
I have this same problem too thought maybe it was alignment issue but I bought new tyres and did wheel balancing and alignment but the problem persisted maybe I shd change my brake pads.
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
Tanx gazzuzz this happen when I depressed my brake to slow down for the normal speed but during speeding nothing of such occur
At 1st I thought it was alignment though the ball joint has I changed it with tie rod and the driver side shaft that was making noise but still I still notice the steering shaking when I tried to slow down the car either for bump or on normal driving
So could it be the brake disc or brake pad?
Tanx
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2017
delaw4u:
Tanx gazzuzz this happen when I depressed my brake to slow down for the normal speed but during speeding nothing of such occur
At 1st I thought it was alignment though the ball joint has I changed it with tie rod and the driver side shaft that was making noise but still I still notice the steering shaking when I tried to slow down the car either for bump or on normal driving
So could it be the brake disc or brake pad?
Tanx

brake disk
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by IamRespected: 12:40am On Jan 27, 2017
delaw4u:
Please I have 2009 Camry
I noticed when I pressed the brake pedal at a certain speed the steering wheel shakes
This only happen when speed and trying to break and this do not happen all the time
Hi, what you just said, I experienced such in my car, bro forget that brake whatever, it is wheel balancing and alignment, the reason why the first one did not work is because you went to the manual whell balancing and alignment, look for where they do computerised whell balancing, that will definitely solve the problem
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by snipesdam(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2017
IamRespected:
Hi, what you just said, I experienced such in my car, bro forget that brake whatever, it is wheel balancing and alignment, the reason why the first one did not work is because you went to the manual whell balancing and alignment, look for where they do computerised whell balancing, that will definitely solve the problem

Kazeeem!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by luvinhubby(m): 8:59am On Jan 27, 2017
IamRespected:

Wrong assesment !

He said "when i deploy the brake"....meaning it is an issue disc rotor or brake pad oriented.
If the vibrabration is only on motion, then you can think of wheel balancing.

Op, go with gazzuz.

5 Likes

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by IamRespected: 9:22am On Jan 27, 2017
Op please come back and tell us which one worked

2 Likes

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2017
Gazzuzz have heard you I will check the brake disc as I said this only happen when I pressed my brake not on motion
Tanx you all

1 Like

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by mayor2013: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
Kazeem up there grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by IamRespected: 4:31am On Jan 28, 2017
mayor2013:
Kazeem up there grin
snipesdam:

Kazeeem!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even some people that do not have a bicycle will come here and be shouting kazeem.....ok bye

1 Like

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2017
IamRespected:

iamdisappointed grin
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by snipesdam(m): 8:18am On Jan 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

iamdisappointed grin
IamRespected:

Even some people that do not have a bicycle will come here and be shouting kazeem.....ok bye

GAZZUZZ has said it all no need to exchange words. cheesy Kazeem like you metchew..... tongue

1 Like

Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tank you all I changed my brake pads today and immediately the steering wheel shaking went off
Appreciate all your replies
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by Itulah(m): 10:20am On Feb 19, 2017
delaw4u:
Please I have 2009 Camry

Front Tyre condition is also a factor. Swap the two front tyre with the rear and see if it fixes it. If not, your brake disc as earlier recommended by someone.
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 2:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Tanx
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gazzuss is on point! Any vibration occurring as a result of braking either @ low speed or speed is a problem relating to your brakes system which range from your brake disc( the rotor ) the Pads ( worn out brake pads) e.tc. Balancing, Alignment and Tire rotation has nothing to do with braking. When you experience vibration @ you r steering especially @ high speed of say 80Km and above we recommend Wheel balancing and during this process the guy in charge checks if you will be require to rotate your tire may due to any from tires that has experienced deformity ( bent towards one side) in some instances the front tires are moved to the back and vice versa. It is in severe cases of damage that new tires are recommended. Our maintainance culture is this part of world and nonavailability of genuine parts pose some of the issue we experience with our cars. Parts of every vehicle has life span and also subjected to periodic checks for any wears and tears due to environmental factors. Also accessibility to venue parts, some brake pad pads in our market here are made of sub standard materials which in turn damages the brake disc when fixed on the wheels.
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 8:20am On Feb 20, 2017
You a right gazzuzz
Tank you all
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24am On Feb 20, 2017
delaw4u:
Tank you all I changed my brake pads today and immediately the steering wheel shaking went off
Appreciate all your replies

delaw4u:
You a right gazzuzz
Tank you all

which 1 do we believe?
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 8:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Tanx you all
One more?
When my car landed the next service date is still on 4000miles to come should service with new oil or I waite till then?
Because it's bodly written on the sticker on the wide screen and confirmed with the service paper inside the glove box
Tanx for the reply
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44am On Feb 21, 2017
delaw4u:
Tanx you all
One more?
When my car landed the next service date is still on 4000miles to come should service with new oil or I waite till then?
Because it's bodly written on the sticker on the wide screen and confirmed with the service paper inside the glove box
Tanx for the reply

enjoy ya onyibo engine oil
Re: Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake by delaw4u: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Tanx

(1) (Reply)

Help Please My Glk 350 Enter Limp Mode / Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause / Why Do People In Big Cars Oppress Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.