Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

419/FRAUD Database: Do We Have A Public Database? Is It Illegal To Create One? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 419/FRAUD Database: Do We Have A Public Database? Is It Illegal To Create One? (395 Views)

Bank Robber Says It’s Illegal For Police To Catch Him Using Google Location Data / Sex In A Car In A Public Place Is Not A Crime In Nigeria – Police Acp / Police Burst Lagos 419 Syndicate’s Shrine In Osogbo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

419/FRAUD Database: Do We Have A Public Database? Is It Illegal To Create One? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 27, 2017
I got a funny spam text message and finally decided to forward this particular number to the EFCC. After realising that the EFCC has a wrong domain name extension (see discussion in this other post https://www.nairaland.com/3595122/efcc-why-efcc-website-org) i moved on to check for any database i can post the number and contents so that the general public can easily crosscheck and be wary

Long story short, there was none.

Knowing the state of law enforcement in the country and not wanting to point accusing fingers at anyone, I think we can all help ourselves by creating one, where people can post details of the fraud , especially the email address and contents or the phone number and contents of these 419 attempts so others can search through when they are unsure- if the police wants to investigate, let them do so- if they dont want to, we are saving our families and friends by our own effort.

Note that the website will also generate good traffic and hence can maintain itself.

the questions I have are
1. is this illegal? posting something sent to you by yourself online should not be right? but is there a lawyer in the house who can verify this?

2. if something like this was to go online, do you think it will make a difference or is it just in my head?

#we_fit

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Have Killed A Chieftain Of The All Progressives Congress (APC) In / 5 Die As Lunatic Sets Family House Ablaze / Police Arrests Apprentice Who Received N60,000 To Abduct Her Boss’ Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.