Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Pls Advise Me, I Don't Wan't To Make A Mistake That Would Affect My Career. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advise Me, I Don't Wan't To Make A Mistake That Would Affect My Career. (635 Views)

I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise Me, I Don't Wan't To Make A Mistake That Would Affect My Career. by hephkay: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2009
Am a young man of of 22. Av been working in gov't parastatal for the past 2 years after my OND as a casual staff. bt just of recent my appointment had been confirmed as a full staff starting from level 5 with the salary up to #30,000.Now the problem is av just been admitted into university of ibadan Guidance and counseling in faculty of edu. My fellow nairalander should i quit the job and go for the admission or neglect the admission and start running a university part time program to save d job. pls am confused.
Re: Pls Advise Me, I Don't Wan't To Make A Mistake That Would Affect My Career. by Cristalz(f): 9:39am On Dec 01, 2009
Depends on how much you need the money from your current job.
If you really need the money, then go for a part-time programme and keep the job.

If you don't really need the money, best you go full-time and properly focus on your studies.

Either way, make sure you get that B.Sc and make a good grade. As an OND holder, I doubt that you're gonna get the kinda job that will pay as much as this terrible country's cost of living demands. Especially now that there's fuel scarcity and all.
Re: Pls Advise Me, I Don't Wan't To Make A Mistake That Would Affect My Career. by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 01, 2009
Since you work with a government parastatal, i believe u are entitled to a student leave.
You don't have to resign to go to school, most govt workers do both at the same time.
You should find out first from ur parastatal tho!
Re: Pls Advise Me, I Don't Wan't To Make A Mistake That Would Affect My Career. by tos(m): 1:13am On Dec 03, 2009
madambini:

Since you work with a government parastatal, i believe u are entitled to a student leave.
You don't have to resign to go to school, most govt workers do both at the same time.
You should find out first from your parastatal tho!

As much as I wanted to agree with your point about doing both at the same time, I just thought generalising is going to be an issue here. We dont know if the OP is someone that is capable of doing both concurrently.

It will be wise if the OP analysed his priorities before making his decision. If money is the issue, them working and schooling at the same time will be a good bet. However, if you can do without the money (i mean the salary of 30K pm), i'll suggest you focus on the programme and run it on full-time basis.

It will be wise not to be influenced by money at this stage to avoid regretting any negative outcome such as graduating with a class of degree (thirdy or pass) that wont be enough to secure even a 20k job. I've seen this happened before. So be warned!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Urgent Advice / Can Prisoners In Nigeria Build Any Career When They Are Out Of Prisons? / Pimpin The Office!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.