Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Egotism / Egoism? What Is An Egoist / Egotist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Egotism / Egoism? What Is An Egoist / Egotist? (864 Views)

How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing / What Does The Bible Say About An Unhappy Marriage? / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Egotism / Egoism? What Is An Egoist / Egotist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28am On Jan 27, 2017
What does the Bible say about egotism / egoism? What is an egoist / egotist? How can a Christian avoid egotism?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Egotism / Egoism? What Is An Egoist / Egotist? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What does the Bible say about egotism / egoism? What is an egoist / egotist? How can a Christian avoid egotism?

This is a good question. This trait is easy to have & challenging to let go of. Having an ego, to me, means having a high opinion of oneself that borders on arrogance. I equate "egocentricism" with an highly inflated love of oneself. It's kinda like too much pride...if i can make that comparison.
God has made it clear that "pride" is what got Lucifer eventually removed from Heaven. Isaiah 14:12-15
I think there's that thin line between having "confidence" & "pride" that becomes most
challenging for people. This trait requires
fervent prayer..cause it's a sly one
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Egotism / Egoism? What Is An Egoist / Egotist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2017

This is a good question. This trait is easy to have & challenging to let go of. Having an ego, to me, means having a high opinion of oneself that borders on arrogance. I equate "egocentricism" with an highly inflated love of oneself. It's kinda like too much pride...if i can make that comparison.
God has made it clear that "pride" is what got Lucifer eventually removed from Heaven. Isaiah 14:12-15
I think there's that thin line between having "confidence" & "pride" that becomes most
challenging for people. This trait requires
fervent prayer..cause it's a sly one

God bless you for your contribution. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Egotism / Egoism? What Is An Egoist / Egotist? by dhardline(m): 12:45am On Feb 07, 2017
Ego aka pride. Hmmm, this sin is found in all men all be it in varying degrees and forms. Eg some

have these as a result of their wealth, Some power, Some their educational qualifications, Some

their intelligence, Some their beauty/handsomeness, Some their family back ground and some even their kids etc. So a lot of things can cause pride in man and all sins have their root in pride. Once a person starts feeling ashamed to do certain normal things(not sinful things)

That's a sign of pride cause he does not want to be seen as being in the same level as others but wants to feel superior. This is a very deadly sin. A Christian Has to watch and pray constantly to

be able to detect this sin anytime it rears it's ugly head and trust me it will. I'm not surprised that

a lot of so called Christians think to watch and pray means to probably be on d lookout at the

skies when Christ will come and not knowing it actually means keeping watch of one's action,

words thoughts so it won't stray completely into all sort of sinful thoughts and always praying

that the good Lord should give us victory over this sins.

But the truth is how many so called Christians have come to realize that they have traces of this

sinIn them and have cried out to God for deliverance from them? The deliverance they know is

only from demons and spirits not understanding that that deliverance from the power of sin is the

greatest deliverance any man can have. Only the sick have need of a physician. Christ Jesus

won't come to the aid of anyone until the person comes to that point where he realises that he is

indeed sickened with all forms of sinful ailment and has come to the end of self after trying in vain

to make himself well(pure) only then when he cries out 'who will deliver me from this body of sin'

will victory be close.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Egotism / Egoism? What Is An Egoist / Egotist? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

https://www.gotquestions.org/egotism-egoism.html

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Religion Is Separating My Relationship And I Love Her So Much / 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment / Can You Fall From Your Secure Position? ( 2 Peter 3:17 ) - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.