Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing (15217 Views)

Why Abortion Is An Abominable Sin(selfishness & lack of love for unborn child) / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / Was The First Living Thing That Evolved A Child Or An Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by alBHAGDADI: 7:23am On Jan 27, 2019
Many wonder if abortion is murder and wrong in the sight of God. Some say it isn't because the baby in the womb is not yet a living thing because it hasn't drawn its first breathe. However, this is wrong as seen in the below Bible passage.

Luke 6:23
Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

In the verse above, we see Jesus telling people to leap for joy. This means that leaping for joy is something done by living things. Let's see if a baby in a womb can leap for joy.

Luke 1:41-44 (KJV)
41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

If a baby still in pregnancy is not a living thing yet, how come John the Baptist leaped for joy in his mother's womb when Mary arrived with Jesus in her womb? Is leaping for joy not a thing done by living things? Have you ever seen a stone or dead body leap for joy?

Abortion is simply murder of a living thing. Stop it now.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by immortalcrown(m): 7:25am On Jan 27, 2019
Gwa ha okwu ka ha nuru na nti.

5 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Fuckuignos(f): 7:25am On Jan 27, 2019
Always make friends with people that have issues. Those folks keep the most booze.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by thesicilian: 8:01am On Jan 27, 2019
Very watery argument.

30 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by LordReed(m): 8:26am On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Many wonder if abortion is murder and wrong in the sight of God. Some say it isn't because the baby in the womb is not yet a living thing because it hasn't drawn its first breathe. However, this is wrong as seen in the below Bible passage.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

In the verse above, we see Jesus telling people to leap for joy. This means that leaping for joy is something done by living things. Let's see if a baby in a womb can leap for joy.

41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

If a baby still in pregnancy is not a living thing yet, how come John the Baptist leaped for joy in his mother's womb when Mary arrived with Jesus in her womb? Is leaping for joy not a thing done by living things? Have you ever seen a stone or dead body leap for joy?

That is why your murderous god recommended it as a test for fidelity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:33am On Jan 27, 2019
SAY NO TO ABORTION!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by rentAcock(m): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2019
Op the examples you listed up there are not strong enough. All controversial issues should be dealt with common sense, in certain circumstances, it makes sense for a woman to have an abortion and at certain stage of the pregnancy. To make a blanket statement like "abortion is wrong" is ignorance. A woman should have a right to choose.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Hakeem12(m): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2019
No strength this morning, here to read comments

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2019
These arguments prove NOTHING undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Lanretoye(m): 8:35am On Jan 27, 2019
A month pregnancy abortion is different from 5months pregnancy,let nobody tell us shit.

4 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by MuttleyLaff: 8:36am On Jan 27, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Many wonder if abortion is murder and wrong in the sight of God.
Some say it isn't because the baby in the womb is not yet a living thing because it hasn't drawn its first breathe. However, this is wrong as seen in the below Bible passage.

If a baby still in pregnancy is not a living thing yet, how come John the Baptist leaped for joy in his mother's womb when Mary arrived with Jesus in her womb?
Is leaping for joy not a thing done by living things? Have you ever seen a stone or dead body leap for joy?

Bible also states that when you hate your brother and/or sister you commit murder too
There is a time for everything, and abortion is no exception to this dictate, it has its time and place

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by BlackSaints: 8:37am On Jan 27, 2019
My neighbour in my compound have commit 14 abortions and counting, I guess her own special kind of hell will be lite.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by ednut1(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2019
This fake pastor again.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Truefaith: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2019
ggb
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by netflicks(m): 8:39am On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:
Op the examples you listed up there are not strong enough. All controversial issues should be dealt with common sense, in certain circumstances, it makes sense for a woman to have an abortion and at certain stage of the pregnancy. To make a blanket statement like "abortion is wrong" is ignorance. A woman should have a right to choose.

A right to kill and unborn child?....where is our humanity?

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Younghacka(m): 8:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Abortion Is Simply Murder And Those That Have Engaged In It Show Repent And Make A U Turn Or Expect God's Vengeance.
Children Are The Heritage Of The Lord.

4 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by rentAcock(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2019
netflicks:

A right to kill and unborn child?....where is our humanity?

Look up the definition of a child and then compare it with the definition of a fetus and then compare it with the definition of a zygote.

11 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by ugwuishi(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2019
grin
#It is HARD for some people here to accept the TRUTH. Maybe, they are #guilty... U could see that in their comments!... lol

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 27, 2019
BlackSaints:
My neighbour in my compound have commit 14 abortions and counting I guess her own special kind of hell will be lite.
14 what? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by ugwuishi(m): 8:45am On Jan 27, 2019
lovelygurl:
grin
lovelygurl:

#God still forgives if U genuinely REPENT! Else, history/nature has a way of visiting our past,

2 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Satan66(m): 8:48am On Jan 27, 2019
Madness.
How do you kill a zygote or Festus.
So it's better to bring a child out of wedlock and into suffering?
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by kikiwendy(f): 8:48am On Jan 27, 2019
What of a case where a pregnant mother has complications and it is advisable for her to let go of the baby in her womb in order to save her life, is this also considered abortion or rather a murderous act?

6 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by netflicks(m): 8:49am On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:

Look up the definition of a child and then compare it with the definition of a fetus and then compare it with the definition of a zygote.

Like seriously there are consequences as to killing what is suppose to be a baby...

That is why unprotected sex is not advisable when u are not ready to have one than to end up killing it...
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by rentAcock(m): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2019
netflicks:

Like seriously there are consequences as to killing what is suppose to be a baby...

That is why unprotected sex is not advisable when u are not ready to have one than to end up killing it...

Right. How about women who were rapped?

3 Likes

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by ifyalways(f): 8:51am On Jan 27, 2019
Younghacka:
Abortion Is Simply Murder And Those That Have Engaged In It Show Repent And Make A U Turn Or Expect God's Vengeance.
Children Are The Heritage Of The Lord.
Yeah.

Even those dumped in dustbins.

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by BlackSaints: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2019
ThatIjawBoy:
14 what? shocked shocked shocked shocked
and countingundecided how did you miss the counting part?

to be honest, things they happen for this life sha.
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by oruma19: 8:52am On Jan 27, 2019
thesicilian:
Very watery argument.
my dear, na wa for christians sha,... Always making a mockery of the word. Nonsesne aguement indeed

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by chiedu7: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2019
lovelygurl:
thesicilian:
Very watery argument.

When you kill a pregnant woman, they say you killed 2 people.

So when you abort the baby, it's Murder!

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by netflicks(m): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2019
rentAcock:

Right. How about women who were rapped?

Yeeeepa! I rest my case cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2019
BlackSaints:
and countingundecided how did you miss the counting part?

to be honest, things they happen for this life sha.
Na wa ooo cry cry
Re: How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2019
ugwuishi:

grin

#God still forgives if U genuinely REPENT! Else, history/nature has a way of visiting our past,

What is this one saying undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Prays For Couple Who Welcomed Twins After 25 Years / Former Herbalist Is Confronted, Renounces Fetish Practices, Surrenders To Jesus. / Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.