Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,840 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker (31430 Views)

Sea: Emmanuel Adebayor Celebrates His Daughter On Her Birthday / Neymar Returns To Barcelona, Meets Ex Team Mates / Choirul Huda: Indonesian Goalkeeper Dies After Collision With Team-mate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Adonis3: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2017

Emmanuel Adebayor still believes he has a lot to offer the Premier League, but any potential suitors may wish to err on the side of caution after hearing a comical anecdote from Brede Hangeland.

Adebayor remains a free agent after playing as captain for his country Togo at the Africa Cup of Nations, and the former Arsenal striker wants another shot at the English top flight after claiming he is blessed with ‘golden genes’.

The 32-year-old forward may not be thankful to former Crystal Palace team-mate Hangeland, however, following his rather humorous recollection of their time together both on the pitch and in training.

Speaking on Norwegian radio show Heia fotball, Hangeland recalled: ‘I only played with him for six months but here’s a quick story. I was playing for Fulham and he played for Spurs.

‘We were attacking and I was marking Adebayor in the midfield. He suddenly said, “Ahhh, I’m hungry.” I replied, “What?”

‘I can’t wait for the game to finish, I’m so hungry,’ he said. Do you know a good restaurant in London, Hangeland?’

The former centre-back, who retired from professional football in August 2016, managed to stay focused on his game during that particular battle but was reminded of the striker’s insatiable appetite when the pair were reunited at Selhurst Park.

‘Later when he came to Palace I started to realise where this came from,’ Hangeland continued. ‘When we had strength workouts he would sit in the gym with just a cup of coffee and a muffin.

‘He was being paid by [Manchester] City, Tottenham and Palace at the same time, and he was sitting in the gym drinking coffee. Incredible natural talent, but very lazy.’

Source: http://madailygist.com/adebayor-is-very-lazy-former-team-mate-exposes-the-togolese-striker-must-read/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by miqos02(m): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
since he is being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds monthly

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by ta4ba3(m): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2017
What's dis one saying

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Okundaye4(m): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2017
so?

Wetin concern us?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by ammyluv2002(f): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2017
"Sitting in the gym drinking coffee" grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by amnwa(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lols my guy is enjoying money oo.
Leave the lazy talk...
As long as his bank is smiling. My nigga ain't concerned
Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by sylviaeo(f): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
HIS OWN POT OF EGBEGIRI. ATLEAST HE IS MAKING MONI. NEXT...
Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by mangala14(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
grin grin Crazy African.
That is why he never fulfilled his potentials. He is too money driven and probably his village people are at work

9 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by ettybaba(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Adebayo and controversies are like 5 and 6.

9 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
Adebayor did not come to suffer

1 Like

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
Kin lo kowa ?
Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by iornenge81(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
typical african

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Feranchek(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hahahahahaha

Soft work!!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by NNVanguard(m): 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
A jealous hater spotted.

1 Like

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by dsoja: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hnmmm
Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Naughtytboy: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
A very lucky man
Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by wagazala: 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Paid by Manchester City, Tottenham and Crystal Palace at the same time and you expect him not to chill. Dude, i'd have a barbecue going outside the gym with free drinks on me. na beans

On a serious note though, Adebayor managed to f&$k up his reputation in England and i cannot single out what he did exactly except for the jibe at Arsenal fans. Could this be the reason why? He isnt grafting hard enough or na him family juju still dey chase am.

8 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Psychologist90(m): 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
grin Very lazy indeed. No wonder Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham had to offload him.
Adonis3:

Emmanuel Adebayor still believes he has a lot to offer the Premier League, but any potential suitors may wish to err on the side of caution after hearing a comical anecdote from Brede Hangeland.

Adebayor remains a free agent after playing as captain for his country Togo at the Africa Cup of Nations, and the former Arsenal striker wants another shot at the English top flight after claiming he is blessed with ‘golden genes’.

The 32-year-old forward may not be thankful to former Crystal Palace team-mate Hangeland, however, following his rather humorous recollection of their time together both on the pitch and in training.

Speaking on Norwegian radio show Heia fotball, Hangeland recalled: ‘I only played with him for six months but here’s a quick story. I was playing for Fulham and he played for Spurs.

‘We were attacking and I was marking Adebayor in the midfield. He suddenly said, “Ahhh, I’m hungry.” I replied, “What?”

‘I can’t wait for the game to finish, I’m so hungry,’ he said. Do you know a good restaurant in London, Hangeland?’

The former centre-back, who retired from professional football in August 2016, managed to stay focused on his game during that particular battle but was reminded of the striker’s insatiable appetite when the pair were reunited at Selhurst Park.

‘Later when he came to Palace I started to realise where this came from,’ Hangeland continued. ‘When we had strength workouts he would sit in the gym with just a cup of coffee and a muffin.

‘He was being paid by [Manchester] City, Tottenham and Palace at the same time, and he was sitting in the gym drinking coffee. Incredible natural talent, but very lazy.’

Source: http://madailygist.com/adebayor-is-very-lazy-former-team-mate-exposes-the-togolese-striker-must-read/

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by martinosi: 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
amnwa:
Lols my guy is enjoying money oo.
Leave the lazy talk...
As long as his bank is smiling. My nigga ain't concerned

they were all just envious because Ade was making £100,000 a week..they treated him like a spare
tyre in most clubs after arsenal and you think he should care ..for what?

3 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Histrings08(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
Adebayo the omo yoruba to the core....

1 Like

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Nizguy(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
When looking at Adebayor all u will see is laziness from him

2 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Pseudonymous: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lmao! This got me laughing out loud! grin
Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Young03(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
i dont blame him

no be naija man he be

dsame with mikel and co

they like moni die

even me too like moni die

2 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
We were attacking and I was marking Adebayor in the midfield. He suddenly said, “Ahhh, I’m hungry.” I replied, “What?”

cheesy

4 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Mayydayy(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
Adebayor.wise man.he was just distracting u with the food talk.I know u salivated tongue

2 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by HtwoOw: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
Iyaf year
Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by damola1: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
Beef.. na laziness carry am reach there?

1 Like

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by Alexander001(m): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
I can only commend his juju man. Three premier clubs at once.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Adebayor Is Very Lazy’- Brede Hangeland, Ex Team Mate Exposes Striker by ednut1(m): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
Adebayor made sure man city paid him his salary despite being on loan and when sold collected d balance. also held spurs to ransom. bad guy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Shares Throwback Photos Of His Family / #10YearsChallenge: Chichi Igbo Shares Throwback Photo / US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.