Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. (7242 Views)

Naira Appreciates By 2.1% To Close At 374 Per Dollar / Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market / Which Bank ATM Works For International Transaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by DokitaDave(m): 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
Obinnau:
how much is fcmb dollar exchange rate
I don't know. I have not been able to use the card.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by DokitaDave(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
gidimasters:

Jesus!!! shocked

N420/USD?? That's crazy and relatively too high.

GTB charges N320 and Access Bank charges N325.

I won't bother about the activation of the card for web payment anymore. I already contacted UBA to see if I can use its debit MasterCard for international transaction and the bank promised to get back to me this weekend.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by cmoney22222: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
Pls keep us posted on the UBA card

DokitaDave:
Jesus!!! shocked

N420/USD?? That's crazy and relatively too high.

GTB charges N320 and Access Bank charges N325.

I won't bother about the activation of the card for web payment anymore. I already contacted UBA to see if I can use its debit MasterCard for international transaction and the bank promised to get back to me this weekend.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
gagzee:
please can someone explain how.dollar card works n how.to.fund it....all this bank limits is killing business

Dollar card comes with ur domiciliary account. Now, your domiciliary account can only be funded in dollars.i.e you have to buy dollar anywhere u can and deposit it. Don't bother about telling ur bank to convert your naira to dollar because they will not.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by DokitaDave(m): 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
gagzee:
please can someone explain how.dollar card works n how.to.fund it....all this bank limits is killing business
I am not sure if the process is thesame for all banks, but I know for GTB, you need a USD Domiciliary account to use your Dollar card.

A sort of separate ledger is opened for that card, such that it is not directly linked to your Dom account. Whenever you want to transact with the card, you'll move funds to it from your Dom account.

The card is best for those that earn in USD (bloggers, online marketers, international labour, e.t.c) because if you don't, you'll still have to resort to the abok.is to fund your Dom account.

However, the beauty of your Dollar card is that you are not too limited in your transactions like you are when you use your Naira-denominated debit card.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by DokitaDave(m): 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
cmoney22222:
Pls keep us posted on the UBA card

Okay. I will.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by cmoney22222: 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
wink
DokitaDave:
Okay. I will.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
gidimasters:

pls do fcmb av monthly limit, as uba have stoped working
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Caleb5: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
Uba Africard should work.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gidimasters(m): 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
KingsleyTMTTM:
pls do fcmb av monthly limit, as uba have stoped working

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gagzee(m): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
DokitaDave:
I am not sure if the process is thesame for all banks, but I know for GTB, you need a USD Domiciliary account to use your Dollar card.

A sort of separate ledger is opened for that card, such that it is not directly linked to your Dom account. Whenever you want to transact with the card, you'll move funds to it from your Dom account.

The card is best for those that earn in USD (bloggers, online marketers, international labour, e.t.c) because if you don't, you'll still have to resort to the abok.is to fund your Dom account.

However, the beauty of your Dollar card is that you are not too limited in your transactions like you are when you use your Naira-denominated debit card.
oh wow cool...thats much better, esp for someone that earns online, thanks.
sunnyboi:

Dollar card comes with ur domiciliary account. Now, your domiciliary account can only be funded in dollars.i.e you have to buy dollar anywhere u can and deposit it. Don't bother about telling ur bank to convert your naira to dollar because they will not.
ok, thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gagzee(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
this bank na.thief!!! 410? haba[quote author=gidimasters post=53217381][/quote]
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gidimasters(m): 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
gagzee:
this bank na.thief!!! 410? haba

LOL.... Them dey craze bro.... Me sef get brain pass dem small...

Since they didn't allow a onetime full payment of 360$ on Amazon, I bought gifts card worth 100$ each with my siblings card.... At 320.64 Gtbank rate....

Then I proceeded with my order... No time.... It depends on the transaction you want to make...
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=gidimasters post=53217381][/quote]$100 and they chargin #410
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gagzee(m): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
gidimasters:

LOL.... Them dey craze bro.... Me sef get brain pass dem small...

Since they didn't allow a onetime full payment of 360$ on Amazon, I bought gifts card worth 100$ each with my siblings card.... At 320.64 Gtbank rate....

Then I proceeded with my order... No time.... It depends on the transaction you want to make...
lol, correct sharp guy
i would just go with d dollar card ish...i don open account for uba gt n access, bt stil mt enough...
that one would payme better cos of my regular transaction
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Emmyk(m): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
Thanks bro. Which type of card do you use ?
I use Gtbank MasterCard and AccessBanK Visa Card.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gidimasters(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2017
KingsleyTMTTM:
$100 and they chargin #410
Lol Abi now
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by olabs201(m): 7:08am On Jan 29, 2017
Pls can I send money through Western union or money gram from Nigeria to another country know. What's the limit and the rate.thanks
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Obinnau(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2017
gagzee:

lol, correct sharp guy
i would just go with d dollar card ish...i don open account for uba gt n access, bt stil mt enough...
that one would payme better cos of my regular transaction
the fcmb rate is a rip off. How much does uba charge per dollar?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gagzee(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2017
Obinnau:
the fcmb rate is a rip off. How much does uba charge per dollar?
last 318

1 Like

Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by willian10: 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
cmoney22222:
pls can you confirm if Access is not working to skrill. GTB works on netteller

thanks

Boss, have u used GTbank MasterCard on neteller to confirm, cos here it's always transaction declined
Can u add me on WhatsApp, contact in my profile or u should gimme ur WhatsApp contact?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by cmoney22222: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
frankly, i used it last year and dont know if its still connects.

willian10:

Boss, have u used GTbank MasterCard on neteller to confirm, cos here it's always transaction declined
Can u add me on WhatsApp, contact in my profile or u should gimme ur WhatsApp contact?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by willian10: 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
cmoney22222:
frankly, i used it last year and dont know if its still connects.

Around what time last year?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by cmoney22222: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
june

willian10:

Around what time last year?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by haykay2005: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by harlahow(m): 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
Caleb5:
Pls how do I get UBA africard
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Obinnau(m): 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2017
Caleb5:
please can you educate me on this uba africard.
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by yanmiri(f): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
gagzee:

last 318

Bro please when did they charge this 318?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gagzee(m): 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
yanmiri:

Bro please when did they charge this 318?
been long o...dont know thr current, bt shld b btw 320-330....not sure tho
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by yanmiri(f): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
OK Thank you
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by Brownhacks(m): 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
what is current dollar limit for access bank card now?
Re: How Much Are Our Banks Charging For International Transaction Per Dollar. by gidimasters(m): 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
Brownhacks:
what is current dollar limit for access bank card now?

All banks that still support international transaction with your Naira card has a limit of 100$ monthly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIBSS: Nigerian Lenders Lost 2 Million Customers In 2 Years / How to Make $100 Daily Online Passively [Free Ebook Guide] / Which Of These Online Investment Site Is/are Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.