Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos (7196 Views)

Modern and Best Architectural Building Plans - Available / I'm Oluwaseun; My Building Designs Portfolio, Get Connected. / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by silasbiz(m): 10:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
Good day.
I am about to emback on a building project in lagos.
I will like to know the procedures, cost and requirement on how to get my building plans approved in lagos state.

Please share if you know how. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by amanikondo: 6:31am On Jan 28, 2017
silasbiz:
Good day.
I will like to know the procedures, cost and requirement on how to get my building plans approved in lagos state.

What kind of title do you have on the land you want to build on?
Does the area have an approved layout?

Building approval is cheap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, First FTC ever. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by LeeMason(m): 7:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Hmm.
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by saydfact(m): 7:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Ok
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by money121(m): 7:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Ok
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by obembet(f): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2017
First to comment
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by infogenius(m): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2017
Following as this concerns me
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by BELL0(m): 7:19am On Jan 28, 2017
Wow...Nigeria is getting interesting everyday o,with this new cash doubling platform..pays like madness grin grin grin
p.m me if you need it...would liked to share it here but i respect the rules we have in this site

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Nutase: 7:20am On Jan 28, 2017
shocked
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Alasi20(m): 7:21am On Jan 28, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by johnson232: 7:23am On Jan 28, 2017
silasbiz:
Good day.

Engage an architect that will draw the plan & guide u on the approval process, if u are really ready to build a house...
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by xtenxive(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2017
This depends on the location of your property as there are designated physical planning offices for different areas (this is assuming it's not a land under acquisition).
You need to make a copy of the drawings to their office for assessment first & be careful not to fall on wrong hands.
Does this property have a C of O (very critical).
And hope you have your tax documents coz you can't do anything without it.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by AyaSho(f): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=silasbiz post=53190669]
The cost depends on location and type of structure.
Firstly you need to know if the property has a title
You can not get an approval without a title such as a registered Deem Grant, Certificate of Occupancy or Governor's Consent
With this together with your building plan,Structural drawings,EIA e.t.c

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by lovemeohlord(m): 7:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Space Booking
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by danemenike: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2017
When you need medical advice, do you ask Nairalanders? Consult a surveyor or an Engineer.
Check this http://nigeriarealestatehub.com/building-plan.html/ ......you will see a detailed process of getting a building approval.
Engr Daniel(07037629947)
TerraStone Shelters

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
You will need a drawing,survey plan,tax clearance of 3yrs then u come to physical planning 4 assessment which u will then goo and pay
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Justiyke4u: 7:31am On Jan 28, 2017
Interesting
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by moneylords(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
Engage the service of this man on property section, 'aftatechbiz' is his name. He just did one for us in ibadan and he is an honest and reliable fellow.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 28, 2017
Google world bank cost of doing business and look up Lagos.
Theoretically, you can fast track the process by engaging consultants
The risk is that if you engage the wrong ones, they will provide you with fake documents.
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by yurLink: 7:42am On Jan 28, 2017
It depends on the location? But first u need to have all documents intact. Survey, governors consent or c of o, tax clearance. And also note that first of all make jus 1 copy of the drawing for vetting by district architect before proceeding to make 3 more, because of corrections. If your site is in eti osa. U can call me for the description of lasppa office in ikota. 08166434861
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Myself2(m): 7:45am On Jan 28, 2017
@ OP
I assume you want to construct a building with more than 1 floor,hence the need for approval

So here's what you need ,

1) 5 copies of architectural drawing
2) 5 copies of structural drawing
With calculation sheets and signed and sealed letter of supervision from a COREN registered engineer
3) Title document/ proof of ownership (CTC of Governors consent)
4) Copy of sun print of survey plan
5) Evidence of tax payment for at least the two preceding years
5) Tenement rate / sworn affidavit
6) Current special levy development receipt
8 ) 2 passport photographs of yourself ( the developer)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 28, 2017
Myself2:
@ OP
I assume you want to construct a building with more than 1 floor,hence the need for approval

With calculation sheets and signed and sealed letter of supervision from a COREN registered engineer
cool 2 passport photographs of yourself ( the developer)
Pls how long is going to take
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by unipol(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2017
Myself2:
@ OP

8 ) 2 passport photographs of yourself ( the developer)

How much will it cost?
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Myself2(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2017
yemaldo:

Pls how long is going to take

If everything is in place, not more than two months but if you don't have Governor's consent already, that process can take between 4 a6 months as there are some taxes you will sort out on behalf of your assignors ( those that sold the land to you) and other related matters.But once the Gov's consent assessment is given to you and you pay,you can go ahead and use the receipt of payment to process your building plan approval.
It is IMPORTANT for me to advice you to ensure you go pay your tax (personal assessment if you are not captured under PAYE)for required years and obtain treasury receipt OTHERWISE if you go to process your Gov's consent or go to physical planning without proof of tax payment,they'll raise an assessment for you that is usually way way higher than what you would have paid voluntarily by PA
For any further gist 08063678864 is my number
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by LastProphet: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2017
amanikondo:

What kind of title do you have on the land you want to build on?
Does the area have an approved layout?

Building approval is cheap.

in Abuja building approval cost at least 500k for outskirts, that's how development control ogas make their money. either you bribe them or have your approval stay on the table for 3yrs minimum. these are some of the corruption i thought PMB could fight but the old man has failed miserably. the ogas in that dept are billionaires

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by OKorowanta: 8:09am On Jan 28, 2017
Educative
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by Dannyset(m): 8:14am On Jan 28, 2017
Location in Lagos
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by amanikondo: 8:20am On Jan 28, 2017
LastProphet:

in Abuja building approval cost at least 500k for outskirts, that's how development control ogas make their money. either you bribe them or have your approval stay on the table for 3yrs minimum. these are some of the corruption i thought PMB could fight but the old man has failed miserably. the ogas in that dept are billionaires

You are right. After paying for your assessment, you must surely bribe.
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by lakesider(m): 8:28am On Jan 28, 2017
Good day everyone .
At kasdel consult .we have professional civil engineers and architects that can handle your project or handle projects of your client( commission ).we are into the following
1.architectural design and 3d
2.structural design
3.building construction(up to 6storey building ).
Feel free to call us on 07084824604
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by ELShehzad: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2017
Well done!

At any rate,

Clients on the island and mainland both Individuals and companies are commending us 'coz of our good quality.

Order for ur quality turkey Armored, Bulletproof, walnut, pompom, steel, wooden internal doors, kitchen and toilet doors from UCHMAN Doors... Call/Whatsapp us on 08144337426... We're professionals in dealing with doors. We deliver nationwide
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by LastProphet: 8:54am On Jan 28, 2017
amanikondo:

You are right. After paying for your assessment, you must surely bribe.

i paid 500k for a kuje plot in 2013, initially i laughed at the very idea until i got more info on how powerful dev control ogas are.
Re: How Can I Get My Building Plans Approved In Lagos by silasbiz(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2017
danemenike:
When you need medical advice, do you ask Nairalanders? Consult a surveyor or an Engineer.
Check this http://nigeriarealestatehub.com/building-plan.html/ ......you will see a detailed process of getting a building approval.
Engr Daniel(07037629947)
TerraStone Shelters

Thank you very much. This is very helpful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Urban Prime One,abraham Adesanya!!welcome Home!! / Tiny Houses, Tiny House Movement And Tiny House Plans / The Making Of 6 Units Of 2 Bedrooms Flats All Ensuit It Orlu Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.