Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? (13465 Views)

How I Activat My Mobile Data In Airplane Mode On Android. / Top Reasons To Use Airplane Mode Even When You’re Not Flying / The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Kingxway: 7:40am On Jan 28, 2017
I use ultra mode when charging. Maybe I gat to try the airplane mode to see how it works.
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 28, 2017
coolesmile:
Instead of airplane mode, why not switch off the phone to charge faster.

That's the best
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Exponental(m): 7:41am On Jan 28, 2017
of course.... its has good has switching of
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by akwunmi(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2017
Charging off-line mode really charges my fone very fast ....Tested and confirmed!
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by petomas(m): 8:04am On Jan 28, 2017
remi144:
so its on FP it obvious d MODS wanna kno if it actually works abi na infinix HOT him dey use.
Lolz

Smooyis:
Yes. I have been putting my phone on airplane mode and it charges faster than normal. Try it and see. shocked grin

Good testimony.

1 Like

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by macgodon: 8:14am On Jan 28, 2017
libertyfather:
Same way, what you need is good charger and cable, besides if we constant electricity supply you don't have to worry about that even though in train mode charge nah charge
naija even if person come give una good advice una go still abuse am which one be train made again?
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by microscopic: 8:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Talking about charging as if there is light
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by microscopic: 8:20am On Jan 28, 2017
It's only a country like Nigeria that create time thinking of how to charge phone faster because of poor power supply
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by dealbest: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2017
It's works like magic on the latest Samsung mobiles with fast charging capabilities u get more that 3xturbo my charge speed when Im on airplane and the fast charge also help complete charge in no time
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by WiseFool2(m): 8:29am On Jan 28, 2017
coolesmile:
Instead of airplane mode, why not switch off the phone to charge faster.
My broda, i tire o. It's not like when you put it on airplane ✈ mood, you will be able to receive or make calls. What's the use then? Just switch off the damn thing already.

2 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by arejibadz(m): 9:00am On Jan 28, 2017
or if u don't wanna put it in airplane mode u can put it in ultra saving mode it's better it charges d fone fast also
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by AgentOfAllah: 9:10am On Jan 28, 2017
This is a simple conservation of energy problem: The charging rate remains the same, but the rate of discharge drops significantly, so you'll have a net reduction in the time it takes to fully recharge. I'm not sure by how much though.

1 Like

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by jpphilips(m): 9:32am On Jan 28, 2017
Calmzin:
If you're a heavy-duty smartphone user — which
includes just about everybody these days, since
the average Nigerians spends 4.7 hours a day
gazing at and tapping that little screen — you know
how agonizing it is to have to stop looking at cat
videos for a while and plug your phone into a
charger to replenish the battery. And some phones
can take hours to charge.
But you can reduce your separation anxiety a bit
by following this tip: While charging, switch your
phone to airplane mode, so that the phone won't
slow down the process by continually burning
energy trying to connect with cell phone towers
and plot your location with its GPS function.
This trick actually works, and so dependably that
mobile provider Verizon recommends it. The
reason why is that while your phone is in its
regular mode, it's continually trying to signal cell
towers and pinpoint your location. And even
though your phone most likely has assisted GPS,
which calculates your location coordinates using
the cellphone network rather than satellites, the
function still burns up a lot of juice . That's
because the location-finding stops your phone
from going into full-on, energy-saving sleep mode.
When you switch to airplane mode, you turn off
reception of those radio transmissions, and as a
result, your phone charges more quickly. When CNET tested the proposition a few years ago, airplane mode shaved four
minutes off a phone's charging time in one trial,
and 11 minutes in another.

You are asking that we cannot recieve calls while charging our phones?
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by tobby1987(m): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2017
my huawei honor 7 has 3000mah bat..it takes max 1 and half hours to charge full wheneva i swicth off my mobile data n charge
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by SHISUI(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2017
lmao... man it actually charges fast Buh the battery drains faster... #CERTIFIED

I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS SINCE PRIMARY
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by alizma: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2017
dfrost:

Lo siento, did you read the post? Airplane mode not airplane. Maybe you should adjust what you posted.
I misunderstood the op
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by dyangprof(m): 10:37am On Jan 28, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Kolewerk
itcanwerk
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by cyber5(m): 10:44am On Jan 28, 2017
I've tried it couple of times and it really works
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Danfuster(m): 11:48am On Jan 28, 2017
Mementoes:
Best option. But it's better to just turn off data connection if one desires to remain reachable.

If I want to remain reachable, I turn off data and turn on extreme power saving mode. Then place my phone on a sachet water (not iced), best heat sink ever. 45min later, my 3000Mah is full 0-100.

I need to take a break from my phone, it's having a bad impression on my right pinky. Anyone...notice the changes in their pinky?
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by iambijo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
dfrost:
Will try it today. I've not tried it before. I'll come back with results of the test and post it here.
pls did you get the result ?
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
Danfuster:

If I want to remain reachable, I turn off data and turn on extreme power saving mode. Then place my phone on a sachet water (not iced), best heat sink ever. 45min later, my 3000Mah is full 0-100.

I need to take a break from my phone, it's having a bad impression on my right pinky. Anyone...notice the changes in their pinky?
You are right with the pinky thing o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!!! I Cant Remember My Mtn Share N Sell Pin / Ivt Bluesoleil V. 5.0.5 / Face10: An Alternative Facebook App For All Blackberry 10 Users And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.