Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,933 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? (13454 Views)

How I Activat My Mobile Data In Airplane Mode On Android. / Top Reasons To Use Airplane Mode Even When You’re Not Flying / The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Calmzin(m): 3:42am On Jan 28, 2017
If you're a heavy-duty smartphone user — which
includes just about everybody these days, since
the average Nigerians spends 4.7 hours a day
gazing at and tapping that little screen — you know
how agonizing it is to have to stop looking at cat
videos for a while and plug your phone into a
charger to replenish the battery. And some phones
can take hours to charge.
But you can reduce your separation anxiety a bit
by following this tip: While charging, switch your
phone to airplane mode, so that the phone won't
slow down the process by continually burning
energy trying to connect with cell phone towers
and plot your location with its GPS function.
This trick actually works, and so dependably that
mobile provider Verizon recommends it. The
reason why is that while your phone is in its
regular mode, it's continually trying to signal cell
towers and pinpoint your location. And even
though your phone most likely has assisted GPS,
which calculates your location coordinates using
the cellphone network rather than satellites, the
function still burns up a lot of juice . That's
because the location-finding stops your phone
from going into full-on, energy-saving sleep mode.
When you switch to airplane mode, you turn off
reception of those radio transmissions, and as a
result, your phone charges more quickly. When CNET tested the proposition a few years ago, airplane mode shaved four
minutes off a phone's charging time in one trial,
and 11 minutes in another.

2 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by dfrost: 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Will try it today. I've not tried it before. I'll come back with results of the test and post it here.

Modified: Tested and results came out in the positive. Phone was at 15% when I started charging. The duration of charging was reduced by 2x the normal time.

Thanks op for the tip. On the flip side, whenever my battery is down, I turn on the airplane mode in order to save energy for important calls. Never knew the charging side of it.

2 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by AntiNigerian: 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
airplane mode will increase your charging speed like X4

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by jeeqaa7(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Y
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Bennethanderson(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
I don't really think so

1 Like

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
The Buhari family is flying from Katsina to Abuja when Buhari looks down on the cities below and says "I think I'll throw a #1000 note out the window and make some Nigerians happy." Zarah says "Oh Daddy , why not throw ten #1000 notes out the window and make ten Nigerians happy?" So then Aisha says, "Even better honey , throw 100 #1000 notes out the window and make 100 people happy? To which the pilot says "Why don't you all jump out the window and make the whole damn country happy?".
Good morning Nairalanders

26 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by CaptainBomb(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Plane crash mode
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by rhektor(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
It does
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by MistadeRegal(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Yea. It works. I've been doing that for long.

8 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Instead of airplane mode, why not switch off the phone to charge faster.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2017
It is true.
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Smooyis(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Yes. I have been putting my phone on airplane mode and it charges faster than normal. Try it and see. shocked grin
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by alizma: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2017
simply
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by dfrost: 7:31am On Jan 28, 2017
Bennethanderson:
I don't really think so

Have you tried it in the past?

1 Like

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by libertyfather(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
Same way, what you need is good charger and cable, besides if we constant electricity supply you don't have to worry about that even though in train mode charge nah charge

5 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by DarlBe: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
I think it does really charge faster I tried it sha...

Friends go check out www.richclub.club and start earning ontop the one you get. A good advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
coolesmile:
Instead of airplane mode, why not switch of the phone to charge faster.
Best option. But it's better to just turn off data connection if one desires to remain reachable.

2 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Elnino4ladies: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
Kolewerk
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
It works,but only a little charging time is reduced.
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by heykims(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
What's ur personal experience?
4minutes, 11minutes? Those are insignificant differences

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Okaakoko(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
it's faster in air plane mode

1 Like

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by KINGwax007(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
It super does....
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by nNEOo(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2017
used it last night it works alright but to even make it better use original charger

1 Like

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by dfrost: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2017
alizma:
simply compare the voltage difference. if what you have in the airplane is more than what you get from PHCN, definitely smartphones will charge faster in the airplane.

Lo siento, did you read the post? Airplane mode not airplane. Maybe you should adjust what you posted.

3 Likes

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 28, 2017
it does...asides from your data not been on...it charges a bit faster...but with airplane mode your device is as good as dead....so extra charge power
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Tbillz(m): 7:35am On Jan 28, 2017
The guy above speaks my mind, why not switch off?
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Zdoh(m): 7:35am On Jan 28, 2017
It works perfectly but as a business man that's always on calls I don't like keeping my phone on airplane mode don't know about other though.Nice one from Op.

1 Like

Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by maxwelloweezy(m): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2017
Yes
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by ogawisdom(m): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2017
coolesmile:
Instead of airplane mode, why not switch off the phone to charge faster.

This works for me
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by Great504: 7:39am On Jan 28, 2017
Calmzin:
If you're a heavy-duty smartphone user — which
includes just about everybody these days, since
the average Nigerians spends 4.7 hours a day
gazing at and tapping that little screen — you know
how agonizing it is to have to stop looking at cat
videos for a while and plug your phone into a
charger to replenish the battery. And some phones
can take hours to charge.
But you can reduce your separation anxiety a bit
by following this tip: While charging, switch your
phone to airplane mode, so that the phone won't
slow down the process by continually burning
energy trying to connect with cell phone towers
and plot your location with its GPS function.
This trick actually works, and so dependably that
mobile provider Verizon recommends it. The
reason why is that while your phone is in its
regular mode, it's continually trying to signal cell
towers and pinpoint your location. And even
though your phone most likely has assisted GPS,
which calculates your location coordinates using
the cellphone network rather than satellites, the
function still burns up a lot of juice . That's
because the location-finding stops your phone
from going into full-on, energy-saving sleep mode.
When you switch to airplane mode, you turn off
reception of those radio transmissions, and as a
result, your phone charges more quickly. When CNET tested the proposition a few years ago, airplane mode shaved four
minutes off a phone's charging time in one trial,
and 11 minutes in another.

It could be faster or whatever, but when I tried it, it made my phone to mal - function that I had to restart it for a proper reset. Since then, I'd never tried it again.
Re: Do Smartphones Really Charge Faster In Airplane Mode? by remi144(m): 7:39am On Jan 28, 2017
so its on FP it obvious d MODS wanna kno if it actually works abi na infinix HOT him dey use.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ivt Bluesoleil V. 5.0.5 / Face10: An Alternative Facebook App For All Blackberry 10 Users And Others / Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.