Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Canadian Pr - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Pr (1458 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? / 2 Nigerian Students Face Deportation At A Canadian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Pr by gaylord: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2009
I want to find out if anybody has done the Canadian PR of recent. I have been working in the banking sector for three years and just pass 3 papers in acca, though I have a degree in biology.
My question is; the biology background do not fall under the shortage of occupation as published for federal skill workers under the immigration system, but the experience in banking do fall under this category.

Since my banking experience falls within this category, Does the Canadian authorities require my education must be in line finances as well? I mean my first degree must be (finance based) if yes then will the three acca papers I just passed suffice?

I will really appreciate advice from in house gurus or people that has passed through these process before
Re: Canadian Pr by Delta007(m): 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
gaylord:

I want to find out if anybody has done the Canadian PR of recent. I have been working in the banking sector for three years and just pass 3 papers in acca, though I have a degree in biology.
My question is; the biology background do not fall under the shortage of occupation as published for federal skill workers under the immigration system, but the experience in banking do fall under this category.

Since my banking experience falls within this category, Does the Canadian authorities require my education must be in line finances as well? I mean my first degree must be (finance based) if yes then will the three acca papers I just passed suffice?

I will really appreciate advice from in house gurus or people that has passed through these process before

No, your occupation does not really have to fall in line with your educational background. You are eligible yo apply.
Re: Canadian Pr by pappyray1: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2009
@ delta 007

Are you in canada as well? i am interested in the PR thing can we discuss more on this ? i actually need some info

Many Thanks
Re: Canadian Pr by Delta007(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2009
pappy ray:

@ delta 007

Are you in canada as well? i am interested in the PR thing can we discuss more on this ? i actually need some info

Many Thanks
Get all your info here. www.cic.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Pr by pappyray1: 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2009
many thanks. i am no stranger to cic.gc.ca.

what i need is just a first hand information on how to get settle in canada. no issues
Re: Canadian Pr by tunnytox(m): 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2009
you'll get a lot of useful information from this forum
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

Although you educationa background does not matter you must be able to demonstrate that your main duties in your present occupation falls in line with that of the occupation you are choosing. for more infor about this visit the NOC website; you'll find alink to this website via the CIC website.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Pr by Delta007(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2009
pappy ray:

many thanks. i am no stranger to cic.gc.ca.

what i need is just a first hand information on how to get settle in canada. no issues
What exactly is(are) your question(s)? I'd try to answer them here.
Re: Canadian Pr by tunnytox(m): 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

Although you educationa background does not matter you must be able to demonstrate that your main duties in your present occupation falls in line with that of the occupation you are choosing. for more infor about this visit the NOC website; you'll find alink to this website via the CIC website.

Goodluck

i don't know why post are disappearing!
Re: Canadian Pr by tunnytox(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2009
skilled immigration forum at canadavisa.com

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Pr by pappyray1: 4:36pm On Dec 01, 2009
Just wanted to find out about some exams i need to write . I have got a more polite answer to it somewhere else. Many thanks for your stress
Re: Canadian Pr by Delta007(m): 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2009
pappy ray:

Just wanted to find out about some exams i need to write . I have got a more polite answer to it somewhere else. Many thanks for your stress
No worries; Goodluck with your application. One other good place to get good info for your PR application is www.canadavisa.com immigration forum (you probably know about it). I sometimes contribute there. I'm sure you know these are public forums and every application is different. My only advice to you is that no matter how qualified you are, make your application "idiot proof". Do not assume the IO will make the right assumptions for you.

P.S. My apologies if I came across rude to you in my previous post. I shy away from posters/people on NL especially who are very quick to "discuss" in private, especially with no "history"; most end up as jokesters.
Re: Canadian Pr by pappyray1: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2009
@delta007

Thats the most brillant words have heard in decades. I am most humbled, i really understand all what you mean, many thanks mate !!

(1) (Reply)

Urgent US Visa Help / Grenada Embassy / New Zealand Vs Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.