Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others (86669 Views)

Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman / 14 Year Old Indian Girl Already Prophesyed When Coronavirus Will Come To An End. / Girl Thrown Out By Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation, Is HIV Positive. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by transfer101: 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
Elijahrona:

That's Indonesia
It's India. I know what I read.

Even without reading, I can very well differentiae the guys from South Asia
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by realmindz: 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
nams77:

Then you need to change your moniker. That disease is not contagious it is a genetic disorder that's why there is not treatment yet. You can't seat beside her? I will and can even make friends with her just to make her feel happy and wanted. There is one lady near my office with a form of deformity. I had to go and make her my friend. Each time I greet and play with her, people are surprised and some others look at me as if I am mad. But that's just me. Glad to put a smile on the faces of rejected ones like these. It could be you or anyone else. By the way, the school should know better that it is not contagious and explain to their students

I never said the disease was contagious, I sed the school must ve done so out of that fear.

And u think this is not enough to scare kids? It's so unfortunate, kids won't be Comfortable around her. That's pure fact and there's nothing anyone can do about it
Don't mix emotions with reality, this is not a movie.

The reasonable thing to do is to take her out of school and seek medical help for her. her case needs to be made public which they are doing now to seek support
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by noziz(m): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
chai disease dey o shocked
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
INTROVERT:
cry

Why the silence?
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2017
MAKE UNA CARRY THIS GIRL COME THE LORDS CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MOVEMENT HEADQUARTERS LAGOS, THIS WEEKEND FEBRUARY 4th and 5th 2017.
FROM sorrow TO JOY PROGRAM.
THIS HER CASE NA SMALL CASE FOR GOD OF CHOSEN!!
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by LordAdam7: 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
dav73:
Wicked parents! Nonsense! They should have ended her life! A long time ago! She is left alone suffering nd stigmatised cos some foolish people did not have the guts to do the ryt thing! Pity her!

The parents aren't wicked. They've been looking for a cure for her and would not give up that search.

It's easy to recommend the parents taking her life until you have to walk in their shoes. Neither (taking care of her or murdering her) is an easy decision. Of course, if they had noticed this deformity while the lady was still pregnant through ultrasound, then it'd have been a far easier decision. But after she's been born and all they've sacrificed to get her to this point, killing her is murder.

She deserves to live as long as she has been born. And society should be more supportive of the parents rather than making suggestions they wouldn't be able to do themselves.

The only right thing now is to be more accepting of her, eliminate the stigmatization, and commit to help in finding a cure. The parents should be applauded for taking care of her. You'd never know what it feels to be a mother and watch your daughter live a life of continuous misery.

-Lord
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by LordAdam7: 6:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
realmindz:

I never said the disease was contagious, I sed the school must ve done so out of that fear.

And u think this is not enough to scare kids? It's so unfortunate, kids won't be Comfortable around her. That's pure fact and there's nothing anyone can do about it
Don't mix emotions with reality, this is not a movie.

The reasonable thing to do is to take her out of school and seek medical help for her. her case needs to be made public which they are doing now to seek support

Watch the movie "Front of the class."

It is a true life story.

-Lord
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by realmindz: 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2017
LordAdam7:

Oga this is very different.

What is wrong with asking for a doctor's report to ascertain that her condition is not communicable? She has siblings and they've not contracted the disease, and you're talking about an epidemic. You're blowing this thing out of proportion.

People are different, and for special kids (I refuse to call them kids with disabilities) you'd be surprised what a little bit of love and acceptance can do to that poor child.

The school should preach acceptance. Get her classmates to interact with her, understand her disease condition, and see that behind that flaky skin is a kid just like them with dreams and aspirations. Kids are very accepting, even more than adults. They'll accept her in class and even be her strongest confidantes giving her support and succor.

And no she is not scary. She is different. I would not discriminate anyone based on the appearance they can't control.

We fail as human beings when others are discriminated based on their appearance, race, gender, sexuality, and whatever differences plague mankind. That girl could have been you. Have some empathy.

The school is wrong. I hope this news attracts the attention of organizations that would help her find an accepting school. Girl child education is of paramount importance.

-Lord

yeah ok, that's reasonable...probably if the school had tried to educate her colleagues about the nature of her challenge she might ve been accepted.

But u know kids can be funny, giving her funny names and some will still run away from her. That's would be more depressing and devastating than her leaving school.

And I believe the reporter used the word kicked out of school deliberately. We dont know the extent to which the school had gone and probably advised her to withdraw from school. Don't believe everything you hear on media as reported.
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by sonofgodfrey(m): 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
why always india??!
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by lielbree: 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
India and juju eh
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by LordAdam7: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
realmindz:

yeah ok, that's reasonable...probably if the school had tried to educate her colleagues about the nature of her challenge she might ve been accepted.

But u know kids can be funny, giving her funny names and some will still run away from her. That's would be more depressing and devastating than her leaving school.

And I believe the reporter used the word kicked out of school deliberately. We dont know the extent to which the school had gone and probably advised her to withdraw from school. Don't believe everything you hear on media as reported.

Some kids will give her funny names and some will run away from her. That's human nature. We're scared of the unknown and anything that is unfamiliar.

But most of the kids will understand her, a few will be her friends, and after an initial relapse period, she'll be accepted into their social fold.

Special kids face this all the time, whether it's something as benign as polydactyly or something as conspicuous as this rare condition. They eventually learn to live with the attention. But what gets them through is when some people (not everyone) gets them. The goal is not for all the kids to accept her. It is for enough kids to accept her that she'll be able to get the necessary education she needs at her age.

If she was in the US, she'd benefit from home-schooling programs. But alas she is in India where that is not an option.

This doesn't end at the school. Every day of her life and until her death, she'd be accosted by worrying stares and unnecessary pity. But education will be one of the fortitudes she needs to brace the odds that life is throwing at her.

She needs education almost as much if not more than she needs a cure. Dismissing her from school is the biggest blow yet after not being able to find a cure. She's resilient, so I'm rooting for her to get the education she needs even if it has to be at another school or at a dedicated school for special kids.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by brandonobi(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
realmindz:

There is nothing wrong in throwing her out of school. that has to be done as a precautionary means to prevent an epidemic.
The school may not know what's actually wrong with her and decided to act safe than being sorry.

And truth be told, she actually looks scary and she would ve scared the hell out of those kids.

I'm sure u I won't be comfortable studying beside her.

You remember Ebola patients, they were completely isolated and their bodies were cremated...so would you call that discrimination or inhumanity?

I wish her quick healing
the skin on my palm sheds every January so much that u would feel the rough surface if I touched u. its gone completely now but it was there, unfortunately for her, it happens to be her whole skin and every 6 weeks to make it worse.
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by osayiamen: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
My advice for the family if they can raise money and fly her to SCOAN,in Nigeria so that prophet TB Joshua can pray for her.Only God deliver her.
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by akigbemaru: 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Indian snake girl
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by linearity: 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
brandonobi:
it is unfair, the only thing this girl is guilty of is being a human, like she has any control of her body's physical appearance, I can imagine a Nigerian being like this and being leveled evil.

Some nice critical thinking there! Hope that is also applicable to chemical and biological abnormalities like people been born with a different gender than they feel internally and acts out.

There are many physical, chemical and biological birth 'defects' in the world, but we many times only empathize with the ones we can see, feel and touched, which is very wrong.
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by Nukah(m): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
Why is it that all of the world rare diseases or abominations all come from India .
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by godquality: 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
realmindz:

There is nothing wrong in throwing her out of school. that has to be done as a precautionary means to prevent an epidemic.
The school may not know what's actually wrong with her and decided to act safe than being sorry.

And truth be told, she actually looks scary and she would ve scared the hell out of those kids.

You remember Ebola patients, they were completely isolated and their bodies were cremated...so would you call that discrimination or inhumanity?

I wish her quick healing

This kind of reasoning makes me speechless and not in a good way. Epidemic in deed... We do have intelligent illiterates roaming around.

1 Like

Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by maasoap(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
realmindz:

I wish her quick healing
See ignorance at its peak, chai! It's a condition that has to do with her genetic make up. Why are you now talking about epidemic?
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by chiefojiji(m): 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
appease the gods!!!
1 black sheep
2 50L gallons of red oil
1 rap of moi-moi
150L of petrol
200L of kerosene
1 Samsung galaxy 7
with $2000.
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2017
Wow, she is so cute grin

hopefullandlord this is your type tongue
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by hersarhn: 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
This is enough 4 those who bleach OR do all sort of things their skin thinking they are nt beautiful to b grateful to God and leave themselves the way they are created.
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by tillaman(m): 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2017
Heyya, may help locate you girl
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by ethankareem(m): 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2017
Were is kolawole........ikanbe, aye akamara
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by uminem02(m): 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
brandonobi:
it is unfair, the only thing this girl is guilty of is being a human, like she has any control of her body's physical appearance, I can imagine a Nigerian being like this and being leveled evil.
My younger sis has sumtn like this on her legs..it's not as bad as this girl's own,,,so i can relate a bit
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by tripoli007(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Why be say na only for India we dey see all this kind thing .. Na dem dey born different kind of things
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by realmindz: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
godquality:

This kind of reasoning makes me speechless and not in a good way. Epidemic in deed... We do have intelligent illiterates roaming around.

read again for better comprehension...
I said that from the school's perspective...
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by Cire80: 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
Indians believe in incarnation and reincarnation into anything possible. This proves that beliefs have power. Everyday tens of people are born in India with one form of strange structure of deformation. I would have said it's genetic mutation but what about the born as mystical creatures?
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by realmindz: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
maasoap:

See ignorance at its peak, chai! It's a condition that has to do with her genetic make up. Why are you now talking about epidemic?

it may not be my fault when you have comprehension issues...dont jump into commenting.

from my understanding of the school's judgement, they did not understand what was wrong with her and might ve done so to prevent a breakdown....that was the point I made. i know lowly minds like urself will jump to read it in a different way and scream ignorance.

Mr. knowledgeable take it easy
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by realmindz: 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
LordAdam7:

Some kids will give her funny names and some will run away from her. That's human nature. We're scared of the unknown and anything that is unfamiliar.

But most of the kids will understand her, a few will be her friends, and after an initial relapse period, she'll be accepted into their social fold.

Special kids face this all the time, whether it's something as benign as polydactyly or something as conspicuous as this rare condition. They eventually learn to live with the attention. But what gets them through is when some people (not everyone) gets them. The goal is not for all the kids to accept her. It is for enough kids to accept her that she'll be able to get the necessary education she needs at her age.

If she was in the US, she'd benefit from home-schooling programs. But alas she is in India where that is not an option.

This doesn't end at the school. Every day of her life and until her death, she'd be accosted by worrying stares and unnecessary pity. But education will be one of the fortitudes she needs to brace the odds that life is throwing at her.

She needs education almost as much if not more than she needs a cure. Dismissing her from school is the biggest blow yet after not being able to find a cure. She's resilient, so I'm rooting for her to get the education she needs even if it has to be at another school or at a dedicated school for special kids.

-Lord

I just have to agree with you, most especially her going to a school of special needs.

1 Like

Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by hopefulLandlord: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
izublingz:
Wow, she is so cute grin

hopefullandlord this is your type tongue

izublingz don kill me o! cheesy
Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by DrogoG(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
Instead of helping her, they threw out of school!
Some humans are wicked!

1 Like

Re: 'Human Snake' Indian Girl Thrown Out Of School As Her Appearance Scares Others by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
dav73:
Wicked parents! Nonsense! They should have ended her life! A long time ago! She is left alone suffering nd stigmatised cos some foolish people did not have the guts to do the ryt thing! Pity her!

Ahhhhh shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'I Cannot Go Outside Because Children Are Afraid Of Me': (warning Graphics Photo / Katie Kleinxo: Lady Who Is HIV Positive Tattooed 'HIV+' On Her Private Part / Girl With Multicoloured Eye Balls At Mile 12 Market (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.