Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name (57989 Views)

Adama Barrow Sworn In As The Gambian President / Adama Barrow Wearing Arsenal Jersey (Photos) / Son Of Adama Barrow Killed By Dog (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by RonJeremy: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good move.... I will tell my friend President Trump not to blacklist Gambia, but I won't promise escape for Nigeria till that Dullard and his henchman El Rufai are permanently removed from office.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
I LOVE U.........
MR. PRESIDENT.

God Punish Devil
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by akaahs(m): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
Most people from the Ismael family will not like this news.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by djdrebeat(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
If the educated Christians thinks with perfect sense I believe they will reject Christianity. Christians take Christianity as joke because everything about Christianity is a Joke.
For example:

1: God became a man
2: God created Adam without Father and Mother but created himself with a Mother
3: God was in the Womb for 9 month and came
out of woman private part
4: God was circumcised
5: God was killed by human being he created
6: God became accursed just to forgive Sins
7: God sacrifice his own blood to himself
8: God had a Son which the Son is the same God while God is Father and Son of himself
9: God was buried for 3 days and raised by
another God
10: God was lost for 3 days at age of 12 aaahaaa,
All this is Nonsense and a big JOKE. No person with common sense would believe this
Nonsense. Christianity is a Joke and I don't really blame Christians that take it as JOKE because they never found in the BIBLE where Jesus said I brought Christianity or where Jesus called his followers Christians and they cannot even find the Word Bible inside the Bible itself.
Christianity is a Joke.
"Truth (ISLAM) has come and falsehood has vanished, Surely falsehood is ever bound to vanish" (Alqur'an 17:81) WE ARE ALL SLAVES OF GOD NOBODY IS SON, ROMAN 6:20-22 20For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21 Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death.
22 But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. WHY DO CHRISTIENS CALL THEMSELVES "SON OF GOD", WHILE THEY ARE GLARINGLY "SLAVE OF CHRIST"? ◄1 Corinthians 7:22 ►
"Parallel Verses New International Version
"For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord's freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ's slave."

So Muslims be happy that Allah the most high has guided you to his right path

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by degamemaster(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
Every sane mind including Barrow, Trump etc knows that islam is evil hence, denouncing and retracting their already commited steps from it but only zombies in Nigera thinks otherwise. Say NO to islam!.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by olayinka63: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
A leader should be wise in his actions. I can see everyone lauding his action without looking at any possibility of problem that may occur in the country as a result of his actions. If Gambians (majority) are satisfied with this then no problem. However, if they are not, then he just started political, religious war in that country.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by goodnews777: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
There was a reason why a man unqualified ran several times to become NIGERIAS president in other to die in office.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by OBAGADAFFI: 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2017
olayinka63:
A leader should be wise in his actions. I can see everyone lauding his action without looking at any possibility of problem that may occur in the country as a result of his actions. If Gambians (majority) are satisfied with this then no problem. However, if they are not, then he just started political, religious war in that country.

What religious war are you talking about.

It's diplomatic move to change the perceptions about the country.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by aauwalu17: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hmmn
this people are made. and if u don't love Islam so what? if the would world reject Islam who miss, who lost? all i knw is:

Our Religion is pure and Islam means peace
Also All muslims believes in Jesus, Moses, Etc Muhammad SAW is a savant of God as in the case of Jesus A.S
SO world(I Mean UK,US, ) Want the world to believe that islam are terrorists in order to distract the mine set of muslim by assigning gang, and high killers to be killing muslims and name them self Muslim just like boko haram, alqa ida, taliban etc.
they kill us and make the world not believe on us. and they are achieving they arm. see what u think of us
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by osazsky(m): 10:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
Y is everyone rejecting islam
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by KardinalZik(m): 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
People who didn't fear God are now afraid of Trump.

If you no fear God, you Go fear wetin God create.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by Odingo1: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
olayinka63:
[/b]The former president change the name of Gambia to Islamic republic last year[b], to draw support from Muslim countries to help him win the elections but Gambians are very smart, Gambia since it independence is a secular state with the name Republic of The Gambia, [/b]the president just revert the country to statue quo which is laudable[b], other religions have to be accommodated.Gambians are happy people and they call their land the smiling coast.In Gambia most young girls don't wear hijab and nobody force them to wear it,Gambia Muslims live their life like Christians and they are at liberty to choose between good and evil,mode of dressing etc,no sharia or forcing religious laws down the throat of anyone, those who like alcohol drink it freely and pig meat is eating by anyone who like it. [/b]Gambia is a major tourist destination in Africa[b] .
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by alawaiss(m): 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
I'a Muslim; Fulani & Northerner. Bt, i cn boldly tells u dat Buhari has no buzz wit islam. Hi killed more Muslims dan Christians. In zaria alone, he kills 1000+ Muslims Shi'ite cux his from wahabi sunni group.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by Bashirjaja01(m): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
Why are you so happy?
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by Mikenig: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
Political correctness will kill Christianity in Nigeria.

When the murderous Fulani Herdsmen kill Christians in Southern Kaduna and other parts of the country...
The federal government does NOTHING.
El Rufai comes out to say he has paid them to stop killing Nigerians, our own Christian brothers.
Then weeks after, the Northern Governors' Forum tell us the killers are from Senegal and Mali.
Apparently, when foreigners come to kill us in our own country, we don't summon their ambassadors or speak with their home government.
NO.
We simply pay them and beg them to stop killing us.
It's how we roll.
You see how the story is adding up.
We are FOOLS right?
Then an angry Bishop Oyedepo voices his concerns. Says GOD should break up the frigging country if HE choses.
We all come for him. A prominent Christian leader shouldn't speak in such manner.
Even Christians criticize him.
Why?
Well, you're an MFM member. And Bishop Oyedepo is not your G.O.
Plus you don't like his brand of gospel and doctrine.
Well done.
Shebi when we get to heaven, they will judge us based on our denominations, right?
Keep it up.
Then Pastor Sulaimon gets really angry. Tells his church members to kill any Fulani herdsman that threatens their lives and peace of mind.
Frankly, he shouldn't have.
But why are we asking for his head?
If your government won't protect you, shey you have a right to protect yourself.
But NO.
Christians won't support their own.
Political correctness.
We sha have to be politically correct.
Suddenly DSS wakes up to its duties. Attempts to arrest Pastor Suleman.
The murderous Fulani herdsmen have killed thousands but not one of them has been brought to book.
Why?
Well, they do not threaten the peace and unity of Nigeria na.
WOW.
Or maybe they have patrons in government and are simply pushing the agenda of some descendants of Uthman Dan Fodio.
Then MURIC suddenly wakes up too. Calls for the arrest of Pastor Suleman.
Christians join in.
I LAUGH.
Pastors CONTINUE to focus on building big churches and cathedrals. They keep acquiring wealth. Almost compelling members to pay first-fruits and tithes and offerings.
Organize four (4) different services in a week. Collect offering at every service.
Invite comedians to come make us laugh and forget our sorrow, even in church.
Shame on the church.
Political correctness will kill the church.
We have missed the true essence of worship. Of having a true relationship with your maker. Of being a Christian.
Much of what we do in church these days are mere activities.
We even bring MMM into the church.
Let's keep pretending like we don't know there's a brazen, systematic and evil ploy to islamize Nigeria.
When Pastor Adeboye was forced to resign because of the FRC crap. Buhari sacked Jim Obazee.
Jim Obazee, by the way, was my pastor at RCCG Believers' Parish years ago.
I would have thought if Buhari was really serious about protecting the interest of Christians (because this FRC law relly doesn't affect Muslim leaders), he would have asked that the law is repealed. Not sack Obazee.
Jim Obazee probably didn't make the law. He only implemented it.
But Buhari wanting to appear as if defending the interest of Christians sacked Obazee.
Many took the bait.
I am not fooled.
To you the Christian in the South who still have the freedom of worship, your brothers are being killed in the North.
And you aren't doing anything about it.
When shit gets real, and the jihadists come down South, well, let's see how much of your political correctness will be enough to stop them.
By the way, you really should start listening to the words and intent of people like Prof. Oloyede.
He is a top official of MURIC and one man Christians should be wary of.
Lastly, before you say I'm anti-Muslim, let me educate you:
My maternal grandfather and some family members are Muslims. Most of my friends are Muslims. I can confidently say I have never tried to force them to be Christian. Neither do I discriminate against them or any other Muslim on the basis of their faith.
They also have never tried to force me to be a Muslim too. We have both invited each other to join our respective folds, but never have we discriminated against each other or tried to force it.
The Muslims I have in my life are some of the best friends, family and colleagues I've got.
Maybe it has a lot to do with their education or exposure. Or that they are Yorubas. I really can't say.
Dear Christians, stand up to be counted. Don't just be church-goers.
Stop this evil of forced worship in its track.
Everyone has a right to practice whatever religion suits them.
If you still live in the bubble of "Nigeria cannot be islamized," maybe it's time you take some History lessons on Turkey.
If we continue in this stride, many of our big cathedrals, camps, and state-of-the-art worship centres will eventually be converted to mosques exactly as it happened in Turkey.
Keep dancing shoki in church.
Don't evangelize.
Don''t pray.
Don't speak up.
Don't defend your Christian faith.
In the end, we all shall reap what we sow.
Eventually, GOD always has his own select few.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by mvem(m): 11:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
L
Ntipia:
The fear of trump and he would not want to be banned from entering the United States of America
...wetin u mean
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by sunsplash99(m): 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Sman37:
Where is ur evidence for this allegation??
I doubt if u are in Nigeria and a Nigerian.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by mindtricks: 11:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
helinues:
Not a bad move though.

Hope he is not going to end up like other African leaders

Exactly! Good but no guarantee he will not end up being even worse than Jammeh. Only time will tell, just like our Buhari is doing in Nigeria now.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by Krisddon: 11:55pm On Jan 29, 2017
The fear of Donald Trump's ban grin grin grin
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:02am On Jan 30, 2017
Nice one Presido
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by oluwasegun007(m): 12:08am On Jan 30, 2017
who will remove the one on the naira
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by kpaofame: 12:27am On Jan 30, 2017
Ooni:
Fear of Trump

The guy wants to be able to enter US without harrassment grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile lemme visit Gambia for Evangelism now...This is the right time to win souls for Jah my creator
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by herich(m): 1:02am On Jan 30, 2017
Wow! What a bold step.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 30, 2017
Good!!
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by harrison1234(m): 2:01am On Jan 30, 2017
Ooni:
Fear of Trump
I must say this is a very nice move and I don't think he is scared of anybody it is just the best thing to do if he ever wants the progress of Gambians because he just open his doors to a lot of possibilities instead of using religion to centralize Gambians
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:37am On Jan 30, 2017
softwerk:
This man just made my day!

What an orgasmic feeling tongue tongue
join me in my room.
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:39am On Jan 30, 2017
Some Nigerians are very stupid! See comments abeg . He should legalize gay marriage, who cares?
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by whirlwind7(m): 5:39am On Jan 30, 2017
CXLVII:

Stop peddling lies

Get your head outta ur ass!

Do you want me to produce a newspaper headline where Buhari made this declaration?
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by Saintremmy8(m): 5:47am On Jan 30, 2017
More wisdom 2 u and ur govt... Kudos
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by CXLVII: 6:24am On Jan 30, 2017
whirlwind7:

Get your head outta ur ass!

Do you want me to produce a newspaper headline where Buhari made this declaration?

Yes!

Produce it!
Re: Adama Barrow Removes "Islamic" From Gambia's Official Name by AlexDJ(m): 6:50am On Jan 30, 2017
Good step

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Assassination Attempt Made On Russian President, Vladmir Putin / George Floyd Protests: Trump Deploys US Military In Washington / Tifany Trump Gets $1.2m Diamond Engagement Ring From Michael Boulos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.