Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] (6168 Views)

UNN Students Thrown Out Of The Hostel In Enugu (pics) / Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. / The Human Snake: Girl, 16, Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Vaxt(m): 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
A teenager who sheds her skin every six weeks due
to a rare condition that dries it out has been
thrown out of school because classmates are scared
of her.

Shalini Yadav, 16, suffers from Erythroderma, an
inflammatory skin disease also known as ‘red man
syndrome’, which doctors are unable to treat.

She needs to soak her body in water every hour and
smear it in moisturiser every three hours to prevent it
from seizing up and flaking off.

But her family of eight cannot afford the cream and she
has shed her skin every 45 days since she was born.

And she has now been thrown out of school because the
other children are scared of her because of her snake-
like appearance.

Her desperate mother Devkunwar said: ‘Shalini is
suffering from the disease since childhood.

‘We saw several doctors but none of them could cure her
and her condition has continued to get worse.

‘I feel so helpless when I see her skin coming off, causing
excruciating pain to my child.

‘This disease is not killing her but taking her life bit by bit.

We have no idea where to go to and who to consult.’
Devkunwar, a care-giver in a state-funded community
centre, is so heart-broken she says death would be kinder
to her daughter.

She added: ‘It is better to die than living a life of misery.’
Shalini’s two siblings Sejal, 15, and Price, eight, are
normal with no such complication.

Her father Rajbahadur, a daily wage worker, said: ‘It’s
really sad because she was not born normally and has
scaly skin all over her body.

‘It is similar to being severely burnt, from the sole of her
feet to her head.’

Shalini said: ‘I wanted to study but they threw me out of
school as the children would get scared by seeing my
face.

‘Everybody in the family is suffering because of my
medical condition.

‘But what is my fault? What sin did I commit to be cursed
with such a disease. I want to live.

‘Please help me, if you can.’

1 Share

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by tolugar: 12:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
MarkGeraldo:
She's the devil himselfgrin

I know she hails from India

A rare skin condition bro.

Be civil and thank God for who and what you are.

May she find peace in her heart.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Antonblack(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
MarkGeraldo:

Na una dae make this world dae unbearable and stupid,people like u just deserve a dirty slap didnt u read the post she has a rare disease that cant b cured what makes her the 'devil himself' u shuld be thankful to God that u re normal i dnt understand people like u. U guys discriminate alot do u know the suffering that little girl is going thru. Nanxix i pray God help her cause its only God that can help her

18 Likes

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Greatzeus(m): 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2017
But what is my fault? What sin did I commit to be cursed
with such a disease. I want to live.
Life is not fair at all. Such an innocent girl cry

5 Likes

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by jimoceans14(m): 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
MarkGeraldo:

guy learn to show empathy,i know you really can't imagine the pain she goes through.....but a little thoughtfulness from your part won't be that bad. angry

3 Likes

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by gbadexy(m): 1:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
Before opening it, I knew she would be from India.
This may sound lame to many but it reaffirm my belief all those strange ailments there is as a result of their many weird religion.

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by dingbang(m): 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lord thank you for my body defects....

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Seun(m): 1:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
gbadexy:
This may sound lame to many but it reaffirm my belief all those strange ailments there is as a result of their many weird religion.
Any story that isn't from the developed world and is not Islam-related is likely to come from India because of their ridiculous population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Udoka89: 1:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
gbadexy:
why does religion have to be brought into every issue. Finally I am now believing word religion is a major cause of all the problems we have in the world. If u do not have De same believe with me you are automatically my enemy I can't even see De logic in that. Pls let's try and leave religion and look at issues more critically. There r people here in Nigeria who have Di's kinda ailment at least I know one and he out grew it surprisingly.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by hahn(m): 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
tolugar:

A rare skin condition bro.

Be civil and thank God for who and what you are.

May she find peace in her heart.

And let us also thank God for keeping her in that condition
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by browniex: 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
India and Pakistan have the weirdest diseases, but in Nigeria, just go to the north you will be shocked to your marrow at the kind of diseases that abound there.

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by tolugar: 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
hahn:

And let us also thank God for keeping her in that condition

God is a perfect creator.

We glorifies him at all times
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by hahn(m): 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
tolugar:

God is a perfect creator.

We glorifies him at all times

Na so. May God bless you as it has blessed that child

3 Likes

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
Dafuq? Scary asss shiit i see ere erryday! Damn!!!

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by peachesandroses(f): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Jesus can heal her!!!

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2017
Mehn, this is rare. I hope she has people that support and assist her through these trying times
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by jimmyjenseng(m): 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
hahn:

Na so. May God bless you as it has blessed that child
Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by mykeljosef: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
really graphic

may she get better

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by hahn(m): 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Lol.

Can I get an amen? grin
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by jimmyjenseng(m): 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
hahn:

Can I get an amen? grin
Amen o!!! A big resounding amen!
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by hahn(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2017
jimmyjenseng:

Amen o!!! A big resounding amen!

Na so
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by DaFlash: 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pollution plays a fairly big role in birth defects. If you look up the Ganges river for example, you'll see how unclean the river is, dead corpses and rubbish are everywhere, and that's the place where a lot of Indians eat, clean and drink from. Also, the streets are absolutely littered with rubbish and junk, it is overall just very unsanitary in many parts of India

Some of the streets in India, it looks like a pretty awful place to live.

Although I'm no expert, I'm pretty sure that these conditions can't be good for your health, and that would also effect the development of babies in the womb. It's also worth noting that countries with high populations are statistically more likely to have children with birth defects, that's just maths though and doesn't necessarily represent the living conditions.

TLDR: Pollution and litter negatively affect the development of babies, therefore there are more birth defects.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Onyenna(m): 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
Choooiii.... Akpọkwanu nke a gini!!!....

So sad.....
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by BLACKCHARGER(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
Chai.. Ah be wan laugh sef.. Cos me i like play.. Na im ah read the post.. See sey na serious thing oh... Chai... Thank God sey my skin smooth like ma cousin yansh grin
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by MarkGeraldo(m): 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
Antonblack:
Na una dae make this world dae unbearable and stupid,people like u just deserve a dirty slap didnt u read the post she has a rare disease that cant b cured what makes her the 'devil himself' u shuld be thankful to God that u re normal i dnt understand people like u. U guys discriminate alot do u know the suffering that little girl is going thru. Nanxix i pray God help her cause its only God that can help her

gringrin
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by MarkGeraldo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
jimoceans14:
guy learn to show empathy,i know you really can't imagine the pain she goes through.....but a little thoughtfulness from your part won't be that bad. angry

Empathy abi sympathy grin

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by MarkGeraldo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2017
Antonblack:

Abi grin
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Vaxt(m): 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
MarkGeraldo:

Abi grin
seun lalasticlala
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
cry cry cry cry
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
this reminds me of a guy in my primary school days, Alabi, he had similar disorder, nobody wanted to sit close to him, although his own is not as serious as this, we usually mock and laugh at him, just few months ago, I saw him, he wasn't that bad anymore, donno Wat he used but all the scales have drastically reduced, he even wore short-sleeved shirt I was so happy for him.
Re: Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
browniex:
India and Pakistan have the weirdest diseases, but in Nigeria, just go to the north you will be shocked to your marrow at the kind of diseases that abound there.

that list is not Complete without adding Ecuador, if u watch TLC channel often u will concur.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Sec. Schools In Nigeria (their Fees Is A Fortune) / Video Of Alleged Students Having Sex At A Party Spark Outrage / Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.