Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Gashaka Gets New Lamdo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gashaka Gets New Lamdo (751 Views)

Apomu Town Gets New Monarch / Odo-oro Ekiti Gets New Oba Oba Jemilehin Aladesodedero 1 Ascends Odo-oro Ekiti / Ekinrin-adde Community Gets New Olu Adde: High Chief Anthony Bamigbaiye Idowu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gashaka Gets New Lamdo by Chizgold: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
The new Emir of Gashaka, Alhaji Zubairu Hamman Gabdo Sambo yesterday received his staff of office from Taraba state Governor Architect Darius Ishaku.

Zubairu Hamman Gabdo succeeded his father the late Mohammed Hamman Gabdo ll who died in October last year following a protracted illness.

Presenting the staff of office, Governor Darius Ishaku charged the new Lamdo of Gashaka HRH Zubairu Haman Gabdo Sambo lll to work in the footsteps of his predecessor to ensure that the Chiefdom continues to enjoy peace.

Ishaku urged the Lamdo to imbibe the leadership style of his late father that made him stand out as one of the most acceptable leaders in the state.

“Let me congratulate you on this great occasion and remind you that the task ahead of you is enormous. Fitting in the shoes of your late father is not an enviable task, yet one you must carry out with all sense of responsibility” he said.

He also emphasized the need for a more harmonious relationship between the govt and the kingdoms to combat the spate of insecurity in the state and region at large, while reiterating his confidence in the new First Class Monarch to discharge his duties above expectation.

“From my experience working with His Royal Highness, I know that he would not disappoint any of us. I am sure that he would live above expectations”, Ishaku said.

In his remarks, the Monarch promised to follow the footsteps of his late father and encouraged the people to key into the rescue mission to move the state forward.

Zubairu said that the efforts of the government in restoring peace and repositioning the state for development were commendable and called on the people to embrace agric to ensure food security.

“It is my pledge to you today that, I will rule you with justice and fairness. I will ensure that there is no discrimination on any basis. I therefore call on you all to embrace agriculture so that food security would be guaranteed throughout the kingdom and even beyond”.

He also called on the people to be vigilant to protect the chiefdom from criminal elements while ensuring tolerance and understanding so that peace and prosperity would reign.

Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/gashaka-gets-new-lamdo/

(1) (Reply)

Normal Everyday Things You Can Do That Saudi Women Can't / Quick Question / Man Falls From Palm Tree In Broad Daylight While Displaying Prowess During Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.