Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices (45430 Views)

Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? / In Gombe, Women Boil Used Sanitary Pads And Drink It To Get High – NDLEA / Women In Borno Use Sand, Ashes In Place Of Sanitary Pad - Hajiya Aisha Wakil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by viviangist: 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2017
A sanitary pad or menstrual pad is an absorbent item worn by a woman while she is menstruating or in any other situation where it is necessary to absorb a flow of blood from the v*gina.

Women have continued to raise concern over the pace of increase in the price of Sanitary pads, especially in Nigeria.

According to Vivian Gist Nigeria findings, the Always Ultra which sells for N250 now goes for 400.

From findings, hike in prices of sanitary towels may be connected to recent inflation in prices of commodities and the dollar-naira crisis in the country.

The cheapest pad, DIVA now goes for 230 naira at the market as against the initial price of 180 naira.

The sudden hike, experts believed may affect personal hygiene of young girls and poor women most especially in the rural areas who may not be able to afford these sanitary towels.

#Respect Women

Source ; http://www.viviangist.com/new-prices-of-sanitary-pads-in-nigeria-2017

1 Like

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by frenzydilz(m): 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2017
Would you rather be pregnant?

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by hucienda: 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
Seems we'll have the Nigerian version of the Jan 21, 2017 Women March in Nigeria.

@OP, wetin you think?
cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by ajuwarhodes(f): 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
The fact that for nine months I didn't have to buy nor wear pad was fun ,and 3months after I didn't wear too.only for the thing to show face,I felt like getting pregnant again.

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by yomi007k(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
ajuwarhodes:
The fact that for nine months I didn't have to buy nor wear pad was fun ,and 3months after I didn't wear too.only for the thing to show face,I felt like getting pregnant again.

Really? I think being pregnant n having a baby is more expensive n stressful....

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by ajuwarhodes(f): 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
yomi007k:

Really? I think being pregnant n having a baby is more expensive n stressful....

Well,mine wasn't painful, infact I never had fat legs n face,never craved for food abnormally, didn't throw spit at all,above all,I didn't vomit,hubby calls me Hebrew woman till date( 6 months after)but I had labour pain, guess that's normal. Won't I want to experience such peaceful pregnancy again?lol ...

But honestly taking care of the baby is expensive n stressful... But holding ones baby is far more beautiful.

150 Likes 11 Shares

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by lonelydora: 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
It's better to get pregnant and save 3600 for yourself. Just think of what this money can buy in this recession. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by ayobase(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
We pray the price of condom remains the way it is.

Seriously, I thought sanitary pad was expensive until I had to help buy.

Not too bad for the new price tag though.

Well, tissue paper never increase for price sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by ollaxworld: 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
Women's Right Watch!

The economy is downturning,
The recession bites even harder,
Prices of commodities sky-rocketed,
Like we have no economic planners.

2014, 2015 were interesting years in the history of Nigeria,
The Political class were so amazing,
The APC lied with their Politricks and successfully have their ways into Aso rock.

Fashola (Our Minister of Darkness) wrote a piece i would never forget a night before the general election,
I was stunned and had no choice but to vote for GMB.
The rest of the matters are full of But, Regret, had i Known.

Nigeria needs revolution.

Stand up Nigerians

Lets fight for what we deserve.

11 Likes

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by superfelix: 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
cheesy
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by francescainnoce(f): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
Not comparing thou. but if I have to buy and sell same product from the uk with the recent excahnage rate hike, it would be going for 1800 naira approximately. Okay now that's ridulous I know.
Can we actually consult our grand mothers how they did it during that time because you ain't gonna tell me men-sis only started 20 years ago Hun.
God what message are you passing through these difficult times? We are listening, please speak To us. We know these times would come and more challenges is to come but help us through it as Overcomers. Remember what you said in revelation 3:7-11. We know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you love us. All we ask is that you get our head above waters. Amen

7 Likes

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by MrGreenMavro: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
grin

MAKE DEM USE BRAKE PAD NOW cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by ephi123(f): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
Chai! This change permeates every sector.

1 Like

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by wellmax(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ladies better go and carry belle grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by OCTAVO: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
cheesy
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by infogenius(m): 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Change is the only constant thing in life.Therefore sanitary pad prices must change especially in this CHANGE era

1 Like

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by SalomonKane: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hike in price of sanitary pad increase and they're lamenting. The price of boxer shots have been on the increase before the recent recession and no man even complained. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by Ezedon(m): 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
CHANGE
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
It's change. Deal with it or use newspapers

2 Likes

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by iluvdonjazzy: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
wetin concern we guys na
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by jejemanito: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
SalomonKane:
Hike in price of sanitary pad increase and they're lamenting. The price of boxer shots have been on the increase before the recent recession and no man even complained. grin
Don't mind them

Lazy Leechy Biiitches!

3 Likes

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
Not surprising, the dollar-naira tussle is responsible. People have been denied access to basic amenities such as clean portable water which several administrations have failed to provide for some communities.

This is just saddening

2 Likes

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by Deepfreezer(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
More responsibility for us.
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by Life4Varnity: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ehehehe

Its well
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by folasayolyn(f): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
really diva is 230 where

1 Like

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by BELKIS(f): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
cry
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by angelTI(f): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
ajuwarhodes:

So what did you wear for lochia?
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
SalomonKane:

Do you throw at first use...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by xynerise: 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Diva is a very bad product
Re: New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices by jennybright(f): 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
in every advantage there must be disadvantage. getting pregnant and still come back to square one all na the same. no escaping root we must still buy Pads

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

After Treating STD, This Is How I See Women Now / Lady Raises Alarm After Failed Nose Surgery In Lagos (pic/video) / Corper Runs Mad At An Eatery In Lagos - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.