Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children (742 Views)

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / Zainab Magaji: 87-Year-Old Woman Dies Leaving Behind 102 Grand Children / Mohammed Masaba Is Dead. The Islamic Cleric Who Married 97 Wives Dies At Age 93 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
A Muslim cleric, 93, who wed 130 wives died on Saturday, leaving behind more than 200 children.
Mohammed Bello Abubakar died from an unknown illness in Niger State and large crowds turned out for his funeral on Sunday.
It is believed that some of his wives are pregnant.

According to the serial polygamist's personal assistant, the cleric had a premonition of death before he passed.
In 2008 he faced criticism from other Muslim preachers who demanded that he must divorce 82 of his 86 wives within 48 hours.
But Mr Bello said that it was his 'divine' mission to keep marrying.

He said: "A man with 10 wives would collapse and die, but my own power is given by Allah. That is why I have been able to control 86 of them.'
Many of his wives said they first came to him to be healed.

One of his wives said she could not reject his proposal because it was a command from God, according to the BBC.
At the time of his arrest, he was described by his family as a good husband and father.
But he urged others not to follow in his footsteps, as he is only able to cope with having nearly 100 wives because of the divine mission he has been given

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4171764/Muslim-preacher-130-WIVES-93-leaving-203-kids.html
Re: Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2017

Some of the imam's wives........His "wives" are clearly under-aged girls
Re: Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children by baby124: 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Some of the imam's wives........His "wives" are clearly under-aged girls
That is a picture of his child defending him. Watch the YouTube video. He was also speaking Yoruba. It's mostly core northerners that marry little girls.
Re: Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children by ybalogs(m): 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
Marrying more than four wives is against Islamic teachings but who are we to judge.May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him Aljanat firdaus.
Re: Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children by SalamRushdie: 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2017
Such a strong man . Dating one woman is so much headache for me that sometimes I just travel just to have some me time
Re: Imam With 130 WIVES Dies Aged 93 In Nigeria, Leaving Behind 203 Children by mars123(m): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2017
Na all these people be Nigeria problem. As you don die now who go take care of your children? Them dey go school so? Abi you plan say their future na to become gateman and shoemaker for southside

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In a dilemma / See This Fearless Man Ride A Giant And Dangerous Ostrich Like A Horse / Lady Who Wedded A Framed Picture In Place Of Her Absent Husband Shares Testimoni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.