Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! (64284 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Heartheart: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by dingbang(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Please leave that man, he isnt understanding. A responsible man who knows that a lady is still living under her parents roof will not think of telling you to leave your parents house passing the night in another state.

1402 Likes 97 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Righteousness89(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
My Sister, you will Save not only your Relationship..

You will also be Saving your Head by Listening to your Parents..

If the Young Man is Serious! Let Him come to see your Parents..

Don't Let the Lure of Infatuation and Sex Destroy your Glorious Life...

There is Nothing there..

1296 Likes 83 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
Have sense & grow up!
My 2 cents ✌.
[s]
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together. Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august.He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them(parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend(girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy. Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
[/s]

136 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Vyzz: 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by GOFRONT(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Na Konji dey worry my guy..... Nothing else....

Pls where is our preacherman @ Righteousness89. Comman talk to her

408 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Majikman(m): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
You say he comes over to abeokuta some times and you guys meet .
Well it's not like u haven't seen him since u passed out ... he should chill .
U told him ur parents wouldn't allow u come over and he is threatening to breakup d relationship ,dats not a good sign .
I'm just trying to say dat if he loves you ,he'll wait .

349 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Heartheart: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
dingbang:
Please leave that man, he isnt understanding. A responsible man who knows that a lady is still living under her parents roof will not think of telling you to leave your parents house passing the night in another state.
during my service I did that a lot. Was kind of his only friend there

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Acidosis(m): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
At 22, listen to whoever will stand by you if, on your way to Lagos or your return trip to Abeokuta, you break your two legs.

449 Likes 32 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by CsRockefeller(m): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
Better sit your a*s down one place.

Imagine you had an accident on your way to Abk and you died what will you tell your maker?

That guy will just move on like nothing happened.

289 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by dingbang(m): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Heartheart:
during my service I did that a lot. Was kind of his only friend there
you mentioned you served in lagos, so therefore you had the opportunity to see him.. Now that you are in your parents house, he should understand. I think you should find someone who stays in your locality to date so you dont punish yourself with lots of emotional trauma

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by dingbang(m): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
GOFRONT:
Na Konji dey worry my guy..... Nothing else....

Pls where is our preacherman @ Righteousness89. Comman talk to her
very true, and if because of konji, this young lady should risk her life on these unsafe highways, then I am bold to say the guy is so selfish

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by tripplephi: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together. Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august.He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them(parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend(girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy. Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

It sounds like a SEXSATIONSHIP to me.

He is on a hormonal rollercoaster and you are just there to quench his thirst... DO YOU REALLY THINK HE IS NOT ALREADY CHEATING? smh

See, face your life. If he really wants you so bad, let him see your parents and marry sharply. Stop deceiving yourselves.

You have no job, you are only able to support his emotional/sexual needs... ASK YOURSELF... IS THAT LIFE? In every other area you are a liability apart from emotions, sex and maybe cooking food.. SEE EHN, YOU ARE BOTH NOT MATURE FOR A RELATIONSHIP

After NYSC, you are still worried about a guy who has no plans for you, sister deliver yourself very fast. The money he has been spending in hotels, he could have used to set up and investment or business for you. PLS HAVE SENSE NA.

Clean up your life once and for all. If he could come to stay in hotel, he is capable to visit your family and make his intentions knows. Stop managing a TIME WASTER.

321 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by athaboi(f): 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Heartheart:

allow that puna to rest...the one wey him collect when you were still serving in Lagos is enough... keep the puna for your husband

204 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by GOFRONT(m): 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Not only selfish but self centered.....

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by frozen70(f): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
Heartheart:

Hey, calm down before you start feeling bad unnecessarily

You know very well that whatever you tells your parents, they will never agree, unless a family relations call them to ask them to allow you to come to Lagos and search for a job, you know what that means to both families

Your boyfriend should also understand that, you are still under your parents control considering your age

He can sacrifice this last trip because of your birthday. Until you get a job doing or a suitor comes for your hand in marriage, your freedom is not guaranteed in that house

Now what's the way forward, start seeing your relationship with him as a relationship that you can't handle because your parents will not guarantee you the freedom to move about

He can assist you to get a job and for accommodation, you can be shuttling your friend house and his house

If your boyfriend is crazy over you, he will make a way

What are the ways, asking for your hand in marriage or helping you to get a job so that you can be within his reach

Now tell me what, what makes you think he hasn't been with another woman since June that you left, is his thing in your pocket?

You are still young and the future for any thing you want is still young

When he sees that he can't stay without you, things will take shape

Trust no man until he walks you to the alter

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
the dude is right... you guys are not compatible right now, and its best he let go and hopefully, when you get your life on the right track and can be independent enough to do what you desire, you guy can try to be together again. dont be selfish trying to waste this man's time (or yours)

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Resurgent2016: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Let your boyfriend know the challenge you are facing. Advice him to come visit you at home, and let your parents know of his intentions

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
22years old me, na how to make money dey my head.

....no be kparove!
Your parents say don’t go... but no!.... you won’t listen.
What if you haff azzdent and die on your way to collect kporan??
No worry, you go soon calm down! undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by mutter(f): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
Honestly at that age after your youth service you should be old enough to visit friends and spend the night.
However, you have finished your youth service what stops him from proposing?
My dear don't be left behind when the marriage wind blows.
If he is not ready let him keep his distance so that serious men can come forward.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by GboyegaD(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
If he would not allow you respect your parent's opinion while you are under them, watch it.

Why are your parents refusing you visiting your friend? If it is against their principles, then you knew this before now. Just relax and allow life take its course.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Twenty8: 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
God loves you, and that is why he is trying to use your parents to save you. A man that can't come and meet your father to ask for your hand in marriage but expect you to come to him and perform free wifey duties does not love you but is infatuated by you, be smart girl don't let a boy make a mess of your life and leaving it for your parents and another poor guy who deserves an unblemished and clean bride to be taking care of his own mess. please be smart, if he truly loves you let him come to your father's house and ask for you hand in marriage.

He see's you as a tool to satisfy his urge until he is ready to marry his own ideal woman. Please don't disappoint your parents, and don't be a mess for your true husband to manage, every man deserves to marry his ideal woman and not manage her. please be smart.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nickisindigo(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
At 22 what you are worrying about is how to collect di*k

If he loves you why can't he move you to Lagos or secure a job for you and how are you even sure he is not cheating on you

But don't worry come to daddy I can help you situation

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by lilyheaven: 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
Obey your parents.
Konji dey worry your guy.
If he wants you dearly, he should come see your parents.but if he wants to eat you and clean mouth, believe me he won’t come.

12 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by frozen70(f): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Sister, you will Save not only your Relationship..

You will also be Saving your Head by Listening to your Parents..

If the Young Man is Serious! Let Him come to see your Parents..

Don't Let the Lure of Infatuation and Sex Destroy your Glorious Life...

There is Nothing there..

Honestly, she is just carried away and she will get heart broken when he leaves her
So is better she accepts her fate this simple way

12 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by frozen70(f): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
22yrs is too young for you to understand men

Just take it easy, them they do person strong things

If you eat pineapple the way the taste is sweet, you will definitely pourge

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by leonard002(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Just in case it hasn't busted. Tell them of a fictitious job interview you have in Lagos. Then travel and see your love.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nairaland men and boys are hypocrites. All of you castigating the boyfriend, sheybi you didn’t do worse?

All of you telling OP to forget him if he hasn’t proposed yet, sheybi it’s this economy your father built that a young man will go and propose just to quench natural God-given konji?

Y’all are hypocrites

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Juliearth(f): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

A man that wants you for keeps(marriage) won't consciously set you up against your parents. Let him leave if he wants to. You are still young, focus on building a career/business.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by spiralwedge(m): 2:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Take a bus at Kuto around 7am and by 9am you are with him in Lagos.

When it is 4pm, find your way to Oshodi or any park in Lagos, take a bus back.

You will be home in Abeokuta by 6pm or 7pm.

You can do this twice next week.

If it's a relationship that is serious, introduce him to your parents. He doesn't have to propose before you make him visit you at home.

You are an adult now and have finished schooling.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Gabe427: 2:39am On Aug 16, 2020
hum threatening to break up is definitely signs your just a thing

Get Busy... I don't know if you work or not but trust me

if your the busy type your parents won't fuss over you trying to spend time away trying to cool off and

you think they don't know it one sex craved dude you want to visit please...

A busy mind won't be worrying over some guy that sex starved

did I mention your a side thing to him
but good luck and safe journey.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by nairaman66(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2020
Tell him your pussyy traveled out of town. He should wait and understand, else he is nothing but a time waster and not good for you.

At your age and educational qualifications you should be looking to get something doing. Peace

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / This Is A Fallout From The Happenings In Chrisland School VGC Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.