Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense (1776 Views)

Evaluating 2019 Prophecies Made By “MOGs” Versus Reality On Ground / Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 12:10am On Jan 31, 2017
SECURITY IS COMMON SENSE

There had been so much criticism about security of MOGs as regards security. As much as it's carnal to be parading armed men Just for swag . However . Security is common sense for anyone who sense a threat to life and property. Either you are MOG Or church members . Anyone who sense danger around him should take precautionary measures. There is God part in protection and there is mans part .

Many critics use Jesus and the apostles as example but how much do you know about the measures they took to protect themselves ?

Because of the constant threat and attempts on Jesus , His disciples carried arms . Where did Peter get his sword from .

John 18:10 (KJV)
10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

Jesus himself had encouraged them to get swords for protection.

Luke 22:36 (KJV)
. . . and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Luke 22:38 (KJV)
38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

John 10:39
Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

There had been other precautionary measure Jesus took. Like avoiding dangerous places.
John 7:1 (AMPC)
1 AFTER THIS, Jesus went from place to place in Galilee, for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him

Other times Jesus also had to escape or hid from assailants

John 8:59
Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

It's common sense to protect yourself in the face of threat . When your time is up and your MINISTRY is done then you can offer yourself like paul and Jesus. But remember paul once hid in a basket for safety

PAUL

Acts 9:24-25 (KJV)
24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him. 25 Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.

Acts 9:24-25
But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him. Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.

But when they finished their ministry they yielded themselves.

John 10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Gombs(m): 10:00am On Jan 31, 2017
Ah.... I was thinking in same line. I have some pointers too.

Let me get to my desk first
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Gombs(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2017
petra1:
SECURITY IS COMMON SENSE

There had been so much criticism about security of MOGs as regards security. As much as it's carnal to be parading armed men Just for swag . However . Security is common sense for anyone who sense a threat to life and property. Either you are MOG Or church members . Anyone who sense danger around him should take precautionary measures. There is God part in protection and there is mans part .

Many critics use Jesus and the apostles as example but how much do you know about the measures they took to protect themselves ?

Because of the constant threat and attempts on Jesus , His disciples carried arms . Where did Peter get his sword from .

John 18:10 (KJV)
10 Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

Jesus himself had encouraged them to get swords for protection.

Luke 22:36 (KJV)
. . . and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Luke 22:38 (KJV)
38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

John 10:39
Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

There had been other precautionary measure Jesus took. Like avoiding dangerous places.
John 7:1 (AMPC)
1 AFTER THIS, Jesus went from place to place in Galilee, for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him

Other times Jesus also had to escape or hid from assailants

John 8:59
Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

It's common sense to protect yourself in the face of threat . When your time is up and your MINISTRY is done then you can offer yourself like paul and Jesus. But remember paul once hid in a basket for safety

PAUL

Acts 9:24-25 (KJV)
24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him. 25 Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.

Acts 9:24-25
But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him. Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.

But when they finished their ministry they yielded themselves.

John 10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing

I've always maintained that Peter was Jesus' CSO, no wonder when Jesus was speaking of His death, Peter made bold that it'd not happen while he was present.

Alot of people think Jesus and His disciples were some fragile looking slim guys, on the contrary.. Imagine a man who singlehandedly chased folks outta the temple (Bible recorded He did it alone).. Imagine his stature and audacity.

But, many a time, Jesus' life had been threatened and He escaped death many a time too. I once asked folks why he was with Peter, James and John always... Folks said because they are the most spiritual... But I doubt. Considering these folks past job and how energetic it was, one could be imagine their stature.

But, today, alot of Christians believe MOGs should not have security details, why? Because He's a preacher and it'd be 'pride'. They'd say Jesus and Paul needn't one... Etc

I wonder if thieves and criminals have a brigade of security details, even in their dubious dealings, why can't an honest MOG have one?

Then live to hear "Militants kidnapped the Regional Pastor of RCCG" or read that "extremists beat up a Bishop Oyedepo" or "Pastor Chris was mobbed by crowd during a crusade and bodily harm and personal effects stolen."

They'd say "Don't they believe God can save them?".. Like you said, it's common sense, but some people would rather prefer MoGs to be without security details
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Of what use then is divine protection?
When you attempt to use Peter's cutting off of someone's ear as justification, why do you always leave out the fact that Jesus rebuked him and said the could call down legions of angels to His rescue if He so desired?
This cherry-picking no good o!

4 Likes

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2017
^^^Furthermore, how do you explain the fact that a popular MOG tells his members that wearing a certain apron would save them from all their security issues but turns around and hires heavily armed men for himself. If the aprons are good enough for his members, why not him?
Gombs, Petra1

4 Likes

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Divine protection gives you wisdom and discretion.

When you attempt to use Peter's cutting off of someone's ear as justification, why do you always leave out the fact that Jesus rebuked him and said the could call down legions of angels to His rescue if He so desired?

The time Jesus needed to protect himself was over . He has submitted himself to die . So no need to carry sword.

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
petra1:

Divine protection gives you wisdom and discretion.

The time Jesus needed to protect himself was over . He has submitted himself to die . So no need to carry sword.
So 'divine protection' is not really 'divine protection'. Indeed the saying is true; ''Heaven helps those that help themselves''...even pastors.

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
^^^Furthermore, how do you explain the fact that a popular MOG tells his members that wearing a certain apron would save them from all their security issues

I'm sure it's your own exaggeration. Or bloggers hearsay .It can't be from ."ALL SECURITY ISSUES" There's God part to security and man part also . No matter who you are . Firstly the just shall live by his own faith. Not mog faith. But Such protection prayers are or medium are against forces of darkness. They can be protected from death trap Satan has set for them. And actually many people have testimonies of miraculous escape .That doesn't mean you now leave your door open . Or drive a car without brake!

but turns around and hires heavily armed men for himself.

How many MOGs used police na . I can judge another man. If a man sense threat he should take measures. If Jesus could take measures . Who are we.

If the aprons are good enough for his members, why not him?
Gombs, Petra1

He protects himself by his faith .

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
So 'divine protection' is not really 'divine protection'Indeed the saying is true; ''Heaven helps those that help themselves''...even pastors.

You're getting me wrong. When I say divine protection gives you wisdom. Do you know what the wisdom of God is. If a man is meant to die in an accident and he changed his mind about entering the car . Or the conductor was even rude and he enters another car . And few minutes later he passed and see the car he left in flames every body dies . That's the wisdom of God that shielded him from entering the car. Same for business.

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by peacesamuel94(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Caution is not fear.

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
petra1:

You're getting me wrong. When I say divine protection gives you wisdom. Do you know what the wisdom of God is. If a man is meant to die in an accident and he changed his mind about entering the car . Or the conductor was even rude and he enters another car . And few minutes later he passed and see the car he left in flames every body dies . That's the wisdom of God that shielded him from entering the car. Same for business.
It's the same point. You cannot rely on God for everything. You have to 'epp yourself'.

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by randomperson: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
petra1:

So divine protection saves u from accidents but is useless against armed robbers?

3 Likes

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by hopefulLandlord: 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
randomperson:

So divine protection saves u from accidents but is useless against armed robbers?

even they know the blood of their fictional Jesus can't protect them against shotgun bullet to the head

fictional Jesus powers can only work against fictional attacks like "Spiritual arrows of the enemy", "Spiritual poisons", " Enemies of my father's house", "Enemies from my father's house", " Spiritual bullets" etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by jimmyjenseng(m): 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

even they know the blood of their fictional Jesus can't protect them against shotgun bullet to the head

fictional Jesus powers can only work against fictional attacks like "Spiritual arrows of the enemy", "Spiritual poisons", " Enemies of my father's house", "Enemies from my father's house", " Spiritual bullets" etc

Hahaha
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
It's the same point. You cannot rely on God for everything. You have to 'epp yourself'.

He guides you by wisdom. He crowns your effort with success. You can't do it without God. God also won't do it without you. That's the point

Let me give some verses to drive my point

Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Psalms 127:1
1 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it:
except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Psalms 144:1
1 Blessed be the Lord my strength,
which teacheth my hands to war,
and my fingers to fight:

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
randomperson:

It does . It grants you wisdom .
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Gombs(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

Why did God give you brains?
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by randomperson: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
petra1:

It does . It grants you wisdom .
U didn't answer my question. Does divine protection protect you from armed robbers, assassins and the likes?
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Gombs(m): 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2017
peacesamuel94:
Caution is not fear.

Tell them wink

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
randomperson:

U didn't answer my question. Does divine protection protect you from armed robbers, assassins and the likes?

Yes of course . Except if I don't get you
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Gombs(m): 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I. Knew you'd bring your atheism here. grin grin

And then try to smear Jesus. It's boring you know.!
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

But many of you are suffering from such attack already.

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by randomperson: 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
petra1:

Yes of course . Except if I don't get you
So if why the need for heavily armed body guards
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 8:09am On Feb 01, 2017
What has brains got to do with a pastor having the same security detail as a politician?
Gombs:

Why did God give you brains?

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2017
randomperson:

So if why the need for heavily armed body guards

It's unnecessary if it's not needed . It's only if a man runs the risk of being attacked that such may be required . Some people have enemies ,some don't
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
^^^Furthermore, how do you explain the fact that a popular MOG tells his members that wearing a certain apron would save them from all their security issues but turns around and hires heavily armed men for himself. If the aprons are good enough for his members, why not him?
Gombs, Petra1

Such aprons are to dispel certain witchcraft and satanic attacks .
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by Ranchhoddas: 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
petra1:

Such aprons are to dispel certain witchcraft and satanic attacks .
Stop lying.
It is also expected to save them from physical harm. I have heard testimonies to that effect.

The pastor obviously does not trust it for himself.

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ranchhoddas:
Stop lying.
It is also expected to save them from physical harm. I have heard testimonies to that effect.

The pastor obviously does not trust it for himself.

Measures are put in place for security but your ultimate grust is still in thr Lord not in the measures. without God measures can fail
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by MindHacker9009(m): 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2022
Jesus said: And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.(Luke 22:36 ESV)

If Jesus was here today he world have told his followers to buy a bulletproof car and bulletproof jacket
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by LikeAking: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
Gombs:

I've always maintained that Peter was Jesus' CSO, no wonder when Jesus was speaking of His death, Peter made bold that it'd not happen while he was present.

Alot of people think Jesus and His disciples were some fragile looking slim guys, on the contrary.. Imagine a man who singlehandedly chased folks outta the temple (Bible recorded He did it alone).. Imagine his stature and audacity.

But, many a time, Jesus' life had been threatened and He escaped death many a time too. I once asked folks why he was with Peter, James and John always... Folks said because they are the most spiritual... But I doubt. Considering these folks past job and how energetic it was, one could be imagine their stature.

But, today, alot of Christians believe MOGs should not have security details, why? Because He's a preacher and it'd be 'pride'. They'd say Jesus and Paul needn't one... Etc

I wonder if thieves and criminals have a brigade of security details, even in their dubious dealings, why can't an honest MOG have one?

Then live to hear "Militants kidnapped the Regional Pastor of RCCG" or read that "extremists beat up a Bishop Oyedepo" or "Pastor Chris was mobbed by crowd during a crusade and bodily harm and personal effects stolen."

They'd say "Don't they believe God can save them?".. Like you said, it's common sense, but some people would rather prefer MoGs to be without security details

Quiet!!!

That means the physical is stronger than the spiritual. If MoGs can cast out devils wat d biggie with humans? What's are the angels doing?

Wat God doing...

It's high time we know the truth, the spiritual real is over rated..

The physical realm is d real deal.

Any MOG carrying Bgs no tight.....

1 Like

Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by petra1(m): 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus said: And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.(Luke 22:36 ESV)
If Jesus was here today he world have told his followers to buy a bulletproof car

Abi . He believed in security measures
Re: Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense by LikeAking: 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
petra1:

Measures are put in place for security but your ultimate grust is still in thr Lord not in the measures. without God measures can fail

Quiet!

Una too get excuses...

God or no God wetin go happen go still happen.

Let's face reality...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Would Ask God For One Thing Only, What Would Be? / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. / Genocide In The Name Of Religion- A Reminder Of How Evil & Dangerous Religion Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.