Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos (47448 Views)

Stella Okotie, UNIBEN Staff Killed, 1 Injured As Police Chase Driver Over N100 / SARS Officers Torture Driver Over Lost Bag, But Owner Misplaced It At Airport / Police Woman Disgraces Danfo Driver Over 50 Naira Bribe In Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by AgentOrange: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2017
There was chaos on Monday on Mojeed Sanni Street, in the Igando area of Lagos State, after a 40-year-old Hausa trader, Ibrahim Adamu, allegedly killed a bus driver, Lekan Adeleke.

Some residents and friends of the victim made a bonfire on the road as they chased away Hausa traders in the community, threatening to avenge the killing.

The men were on the rampage when policemen from the Igando division, led by the Divisional Police Officer, Olatunji Ajimuda, stormed the area.

The police team reportedly took Adeleke’s corpse to a mortuary, while the suspect, who was saved from being mobbed to death, was taken to the Area M command.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the deceased had bought noodles worth N230 from the suspect’s son on Sunday around 10.30pm.

He was reported to have paid N200 and promised to pay the balance of N30 the following day, which didn’t go down well with the suspect’s son.

The son allegedly reported to his father, Adamu, who became angry and attacked 30-year-old Adeleke with a spiked plank.

The victim reportedly slumped and hit his head against the concrete edge of a gutter in the area.

A friend of the victim, Kehinde Akinduro, said Adamu had a kiosk where he sold confectioneries, while the son sold noodles beside the kiosk.

He explained that Adeleke had actually paid the balance of N30 to the suspect’s son.

He said, “He was joking with the boy that despite being a customer, he went and reported him to his father. They started abusing each other. At this time, the son was already preparing noodles for me on the instruction of Adeleke.

“The next thing I saw was that Adamu, who was eavesdropping, brought out a spiked plank and hit Adeleke with it. I cautioned him, but he faced me and hit me in the leg. I sustained some injuries.

“When Adeleke saw that he could no longer handle the situation, he took to his heels. But the man followed him and hit him in the head as he tried to jump the gutter. He fell and hit his head against the edge of the gutter.

“When Adamu saw that he had become unconscious, he took him into his kiosk and poured water on his head. He was doing this when a large number of residents stormed the place. When he sighted them, he abandoned the man and took to his heels.”

He said the suspect, speaking in Hausa, asked his son to flee in another direction.

“The boy escaped, but we were able to get Adamu. We called the police and handed him over to them,” he added.

The mob was said to have destroyed Adamu’s kiosk and set it on fire after Adeleke died around 12am on Monday.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the victim and the suspect had a close relationship.

One of Adeleke’s close friends, Tunde, said the victim once protected Adamu from a robbery attack.

“But Adamu is ill-tempered,” he added.

Tunde appealed for support for Adeleke’s family members, whom he said depended solely on him.

Our correspondent was told that the victim had recently bought a piece of land in Ogun State where he planned to build a house for his wife and nine-year-old daughter.

A bus driver, who did not want to be identified, said the policemen from the Igando division handled the situation maturely.

“The DPO spoke with the protesters. He released N15,000 for the corpse to be deposited in a morgue,” he added.

A source said a mob invaded the Igando Police Station in a bid to lynch the suspect.

He said the DPO quickly transferred the suspect to the Area M Command.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said investigations were ongoing.

She said, “It was a case of murder. One Adamu used a plank to hit a bus driver, Adeleke, in the head which led to his death. The corpse was deposited in the Mainland General Hospital morgue for autopsy.

“Meanwhile, we have intensified patrol in the area as normalcy has been restored.”

http://punchng.com/riot-hausa-trader-kills-driver-n30/

1 Share

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
Yoruba riot is not more than making burn fire and watching it burn,don't be surprise they collected matches from the same aboki who killed their brother

284 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by AgentOrange: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
I have noticed that the hausas have recently become very arrogant in Lagos.

Recently I saw them trying to beat up one man around Ojuelegba.

Something is happening.

158 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by Redomi(m): 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2017
RIP to omo ìyá mi. proudly an Afonja and Equally a Catholic

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by jos945(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
All these hausa people self are not trying oo undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by divide9ja: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2017

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2017
This thread will degenerate in to yoruba vs ipob

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by shammah1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2017
This one na President & Vice President's wahala. I honestly hate violence and injustice. I hope that there'll be justice this time
Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by Nzekweh(m): 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2017

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by sirOrubebe: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
nerodenero:
Apologies to the few good Hausa/Fulanis around but the most violent ethnic group in Nigeria is Hausa/Fulani. We shouldn't share the same country with these beasts, the reason at times I am tempted to support secession.
Those Northerners -- majority of them -- have no regard for life. I remember the day one was harrassing me at ring road, Benin to "come and change" dollars... I just told him "I go slap you o" the next thing I heard was "walahi tai lai" and this dude actually drew out a dagger from underneath his danshaki (or whatever is the name of that agbada they wear)

Omo na so I quickly retreat, turn around and enter crowd o.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by hucienda: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
30 naira?!! wth! That's less than 6 cents!

NCAN e-war here today.

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by EmekaBlue(m): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hausa d killers

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by Louiscutedude(m): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hmmmm y will dey not behave lyk dis wen dre brother z dre...

6 Likes

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by chuose2: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
THESE NORTHERNERS ARE KILLING THE SOUTHERNERS EVERYWHERE.

TRULY WE NEED TO ASK WHY ADEBOYE DID NOT PROPHECY ABOUT THESE.

TRULY WE NEED TO ASK WHY ADEBOYE HAS NOT SAID ANYTHING CONDEMNING THE KILLINGS.

WATCH THIS VIDEO YOU'LL SEE THAT ADEBOYE IS WORKING TO UNITE ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY.
NOT CONVERT THEM TO CHRIST AS YOU THINK BUT TO UNITE THE RELIGIONS.
WILL JESUS DO THAT?

WHEN THE BIBLE CLEARLY SAY'S BE NOT UNEQUALLY YOKED.

2 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV)
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

NOT ONLY THAT, ADEBOYE COLLECTS WIDOWS RENTS AS THEIR OFFERING.
IT'S ALL IN THE VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by firstclassmumu: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
Animals

#FIRSTCLASSMUMU

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by sigiyaya(m): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
Is the dead driver a Yoruba man?

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by legendte(m): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
R.I.P to the dead. I hate any murder related crime. Unfortunately the government and her institutions do not care about our lives.
I am Igbo but I have a heart.
This is not the right time to go tribal.

15 Likes

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by holyokoto(m): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
they are on it again

1 Like

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by ELPablochapo: 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
Mehn Afonjas are real hypocrite, just imagine Bisola act in BBnaija? The moment she noticed change of power, she immediately turned against her former boss (Cocoice).

Watch the Game, Learn from it. Human beings are snakes but afonjas are second to none

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by CXLVII: 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
I must commend the Nigerian police authority for there swift reaction

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by kettle84(m): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
AgentOrange:
I have noticed that the hausas have recently become very arrogant in Lagos.

Recently I saw them trying to beat up one man around Ojuelegba.

Something is happening.
you people made them arrogant by voting there brother the dullard.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by Firefire(m): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
Too bad...

Let there be peace...
Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by favourmic(m): 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
Weldone
Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by ajalawole(m): 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hope dey are not fula................... lipsrsealed
Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by osuofia2(m): 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
AFONJAS TIME TO WATCH

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by crestedaguiyi: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
Try this in aba and count the scores.

Anyi ada achi

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hausa Trader Kills Yoruba Driver Over N30 In Lagos by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
sigiyaya:
Is the dead driver a Yoruba man?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Stole Male Twin At Nnamdi Azikwe General Hospital, Beaten, Stripped Unclad / 5 Gay Men Fighting After Infecting Each Other With HIV Arrested In Lagos / IGP Order SARS Not To Attend To Civil Or Commercial Matters Again, But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.