Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,031 members, 7,859,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? (951 Views)

Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) / Meet The OAU Student, Aarinola Olaiya, Who Is Graduating With 12 Distinctions. / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Oscarpraise(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
The best day of my life was definitely the day that I graduated from the University. Knowing that all the hard work over the past 12 years has paid off is one of the best feelings I’ve ever had.
Being able to walk across the stage and have my degree handed to me made it all worth it. Making it even better, I had my lectures, course mates, friends and family all there to watch and support me.
Even though it was bittersweet knowing I may never see some of these people again, I was excited to go my separate way and move on in life. I couldn’t wait to not only see where life would take me, but to start a new beginning. The excitement, knowledge of accomplishment, and support made graduation the best day of my life.
The morning of January 24th, 2017 I woke up as if it was any other day. I did my morning routine and went upstairs to watch TV with my family. It never really hit me that I was about to graduate until my mom said the simple 3 words, “Are you ready?”
That’s when I started to get butterflies in my stomach, and thoughts started racing through my head. I began to realize how important this day really was. I always looked forward to it and the goal, forever in the back of my head, was to graduate.
Ever since kindergarten, year after year, I watched people graduating and thought of how long I had until my day would come. Little did I know, in the blink of an eye it would be here, forcing me to move on with life, and start my next chapter.
As nearly seventy seven of us in my department stood in line in our caps and gowns, I began to realize that most of these people I made so many memories with, I may never see again, I brought out my itel S31 mobile, we took lots of pictures and selfies for remembrance and we all went our separate ways. Life is a mystery.
I wish myself and other graduates success in life

Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by sweettease(f): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
December 2017? Are you a time traveler? cheesy
Anyway, congratulations.
I wouldn't call mine the best though, there is always a new target to hit, I hit it, add it to one of my happiest and get another.

1 Like

Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by amnesty7: 7:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
Is an achievement , but a long way to go still. Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Oscarpraise(m): 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2017
December 2017? Are you a time traveler? cheesy
Anyway, congratulations.
I wouldn't call mine the best though, there is always a new target to hit, I hit it, add it to one of my happiest and get another.

Loool, my mistake...
Phone I bought with my money will be doing auto correction cheesy
December 2017? Are you a time traveler?
Anyway, congratulations.
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Oscarpraise(m): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
Is an achievement , but a long way to go still. Congrats.
Thanks cool
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by squarelead(m): 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
There is more to life after graduation.... In fact this is just the beginning. Its part of lifetime achievement tho

1 Like

Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by peacesamuel94(m): 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
Its one of the best days of one's life but certainly not the best, there are better days ahead, and bigger things to be achieved, congrats.

1 Like

Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
It is if you graduated with a good grade. As for me am graduating with a poor grade(2.2) and am leaving school immediately after my final exams.

1 Like

Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Pweety008: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
It certainly counts up there in terms of achievements
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Oscarpraise(m): 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
Pweety008:
It certainly counts up there in terms of achievements

How did you feel when you graduated?
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Oscarpraise(m): 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
It is if you graduated with a good grade. As for me am graduating with a poor grade(2.2) and am leaving school immediately after my final exams.

2.2 is not as poor as you think dear trust me
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Oscarpraise(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Some of my mates where actually withdrawn unknowingly to them
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Pweety008: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
Oscarpraise:

How did you feel when you graduated?

Am still in the university, but my elder sister who graduated, I knew how relived she was
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Pweety008: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
Oscarpraise:

Some of my mates where actually withdrawn unknowingly to them

That's bad
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Oscarpraise(m): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
Pweety008:

That's bad
School life for you
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Akpevwe9: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
Still waiting for when I will graduate
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
Oscarpraise:

2.2 is not as poor as you think dear trust me
It is in my field ( marine engineering) you can't even do masters with it. It's very poor and useless.
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
I dunnoo lipsrsealed
Re: Is Graduating The Best Day Of One's Life? by BaEnki(m): 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
To the Op,
I love your composition and I share with you your happiness, congrats bro and I wish you the best in your life voyage.

Concerning your question, the answers you'll get here will actually differs from another, to me, it won't be the happiest of my life, rather I see the day I die as the happiest, even I'm not of the witnesses.

(1) (Reply)

A Warning To Women With Iuds / A Sure Way To Study In Canada. / EX SUG PRO Calls Out Kogi State Government Over Bursary Funds Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.