Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,373 members, 7,954,513 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:49 PM

Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday (30431 Views)

My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / Arikair Cancelled My Flight. How Do I Get A Refund? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Livefreeordieha(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
ahhahahhahahhaa no go to ya village and chop better jet witch... cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked u fit even use am start kabu kabu..
miqos02:
very soon people will start trekking from Lagos to Kano or better still bring back the Donkeys
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by jpphilips(m): 1:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
ybalogs:
This recession is real!!!The rate at which stuffs keeps increasing ehn,nah die.May God just help us cos we really don't deserve his mercies.

Traders are making it worse, the price hike is not justified.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Tynasparks(f): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lasskeey:
.....You talk True ! because dis recession Don enter British Airways too grin grin grin
it is well o
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by fm7070: 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2017
The recession might be a factor,
but Arik Airline has messed up with the customers big time
you know bad news spread faster.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Ranchhoddas: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
chloedogie:

Oga, what you don't know you don't know. If I tell you farmers were balling december, I know what I'm saying. I am an executive and I have a farm. I see people around. You think it's by just sitting in one four corner glassed AC chilling office? Oga go outside you will understand. I was to buy a generator from Julius Berger yard last year sept when a young guy walked into the yard to pay 3.2m for this type of jeep i post below. We got talking and exchanged contacts. He's a Sheffield Uni masters degree graduate and na full time farmer now. I asked him what he wants to use the jep for, he said just on my farm. Imagine what he makes from the farm alone.
Na only one person you come call 'hundreds'? Haba!
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
maaglie:
I came to kano yesterday from lagos through Arik Air, But my reaction when i entered the plane was so disappointing. We were not more than 15 on the plane and the plane can contain more than 100 passengers. I wonder where this economic recession might take us to.

I don't think it has much to do with the recession but more with Arik's history of delayed/cancelled flights and poor services.

I came to Lagos this morning from Abuja via AirPeace and the entire plane was filled...as in no vacant seat.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by tosyne2much(m): 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
SalomonKane:
Kai bro. Even me sef, I no go lie. The thing dey vex me no be small cos all my babes don disappear. grin
No be small thing jawe baba.. To manage babes these days no be small money cheesy
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by star4ever: 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Targaeryian:

I don't think it has much to do with the recession but more with Arik's history of delayed/cancelled flights and poor services.

I came to Lagos this morning from Abuja via AirPeace and the entire plane was filled...as in no vacant seat.

I totally agree with your point. We all know there is recession. Going by numerous disappointments and the disruption of service the airline is known for, many passengers now think twice before patronizing them. It has come to a stage where people no longer spend the little they have anyhow. Experience is the best teacher.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Souljaboi1: 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
maaglie:
I came to kano yesterday from lagos through Arik Air, But my reaction when i entered the plane was so disappointing. We were not more than 15 on the plane and the plane can contain more than 100 passengers. I wonder where this economic recession might take us to.

I think it's because of the way Arik has been known to delay flight.

I was in Kano over the weekend and Azman return flight on Sunday morning was filled to the brim. You could almost not feel the AC until everywhere was settled. The flight to Kano on Friday morning was also filled, getting to the Airport few minutes to 10 am, we were turned back. I had to reschedule for the evening flight.

Azman has been known to mess up sometimes in the past, but I'll choose them any day over Arik.

1 Like

Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by dee02(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
Bros you just want to show off tongue

On a real, Arik air are struggling due to poor services and yes you are right, the recession also has to do with things on a wider scale.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
chloedogie:

AMEN. Next time someone used such a dirty and profaned language on you, that simple line of THE LORD REBUKE YOU IS GOOD MAN. Keep using it, I know it works 'cos I'm a bible scholar. IF they think social media is a place where you can blindly make away with bad habits, people like you will put sense into their heads. I hope the boy knows the meaning of that weighty line you wrote and apologizes.
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
BrownCookie:
Transport by land is not even that affordable.

Na trekking go sure pass this period oh....

cheesy grin

Trek kee. Mmmhhhhh!

No be when you see food chop? What if you come fall gidigbaaa for road nko sake for say person no get food to gazoo?
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
omogin:
Tell buhari to pay workers salaries and stop running to hide in the UK. He contested several times for this position

Blackface is coming for you, kwontinue kwaling buhari
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by chloedogie(m): 7:07am On Feb 02, 2017
Billyonaire:

I cant farm, I have no interest in farming. I hate seasonal permutations. I just need the country to be returned back to where it was, where everyone can prosper based on their chosen profession. Your assertion is that of a man who doesnt have a discipline but delves into any seasonal business to survive the times. That is passive income. We need all forms of income and their sources to remain as stable as they were before Anti-corruptor destroyed the fragile but productive era.

There is what they called streams of income and additional stream of income helloooo. Stable income in this country? I laugh. Even under previous administration, I know a couple that were both working with FERMA. They started their family in 2010 from Jabi, the second year moved to Galadimawa, third year moved to FHA Lugbe, fourth year moved to Sabo Lugbe. As I speak with you they have moved to Gwagwalada. The money they earn wasn't sustaining the family. The older you become, the more responsibilities that compiles on you. Ain't talking about farming alone I just used that as a case study. I do real estate with my job and bro I could tell you sometimes when the money comes in you feel like resigning the seccnd day. I met with them and ask them if they don't know the meaning of additional stream of income. You think everyone works with shell, mobil, agip, cbn, nnpc, who, usaid? You need to compliment your earnings. Govt doesn't think about anyone but herself.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by chloedogie(m): 7:14am On Feb 02, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Na only one person you come call 'hundreds'? Haba!

Boy, that is one out of a many I know with me inclusive. Do you know what is called a case study at all? I have a senior executive colleague in my Lagos branch that has 150 hectares of palm oil farm in ILARO-Ogun. Do you know how much thye sold a 25l keg of palm oil between nov and jan this year? 23-25K. Imagine how many millions he raked in. A top executive. sidown for nairaland dey respond to comments blindly where people are really breaking forth. I've bn on this platform for over 10 years and I just read comments and topics and pass. But I decided to start educating people and share experiences and ideas. You need to see what's happening outside. A known fact is that the country is in recession but the unknown is what will become of individual being. But you can become something great in this crisis by looking beyond the window man. cheers.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by chloedogie(m): 7:15am On Feb 02, 2017
Billyonaire:

I cant farm, I have no interest in farming. I hate seasonal permutations. I just need the country to be returned back to where it was, where everyone can prosper based on their chosen profession. Your assertion is that of a man who doesnt have a discipline but delves into any seasonal business to survive the times. That is passive income. We need all forms of income and their sources to remain as stable as they were before Anti-corruptor destroyed the fragile but productive era.

Just making a point that if ordinary farmers are making it big like that then opsssssssssssss.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Electroweb(m): 10:26am On Feb 02, 2017
If they reduce the air fare they will have more patronage. Simple.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by 400billionman: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
maaglie:

Enjoy, nah private jet..
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
People dont travel to kano by air often, they mostly go by raod, numbers arent that much given the peculiar security problems.

Show us a picture of your trip from lagos to abuja, or lagos to p am sure you will have a full house on the plane.
Re: Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday by AlphaStyles(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2018
Not just easy
e nor easy i swear and i can relate grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travelers Storm Train Station, Neglect Kaduna-Abuja Express Because Of Bandits / Federal Government To Introduce A New Visa Policy / Update On Anambra Internation Cargo & passenger Airport (video And Photoes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.