Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

How Can I Explain This ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Explain This ? (491 Views)

CHRISTIANITY EXPOSED: If Adam & Eve Were Created, Explain This / I'll Convert Back To Christiandoom If Christians Can Explain This Two Facts(pic) / Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Explain This ? by Crownadex(m): 11:34am On Feb 01, 2017
pls help me out 4rm this verse . Exodus 21:10 says (( if he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights )) does this verse allw men to have more than a woman because I was attacked by 1 of my frnds over this verse & I couldn't knw how to explain it well ..... please a strong explanation
Re: How Can I Explain This ? by Belthazor(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2017
The bible is not supposed to be taken seriously. It's merely fiction.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Explain This ? by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 01, 2017
The book of exodus was written during the era when "Isreal" was merely a loose band of nomadic tribes roving around, in search of fertile land to settle.

Do you really think the men were monogamous then undecidedundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Explain This ? by Scholar8200(m): 11:49am On Feb 01, 2017
Crownadex:
pls help me out 4rm this verse . Exodus 21:10 says (( if he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights )) does this verse allw men to have more than a woman because I was attacked by 1 of my frnds over this verse & I couldn't knw how to explain it well ..... please a strong explanation
It says IF (denoting exception) and not WHEN(denoting a norm). Already Jesus made it clear that the OT has some allowances due to hardness of heart which are no longer allowed in the NT.
Re: How Can I Explain This ? by Crownadex(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Discovery Of More Planets By NASA?? The True Church Of Jesus Christ Teach That!! / Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part2 / Please Help Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.