Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. (907 Views)

Davido Drops Osun From His Planned Tour Over Uncle Isiaka Adeleke's Death / RMD Shows Support For 2baba Despite Cancelling His Planned National Protest / Nationwide Protest: Nigerians Open 2face Idibia's Stinking 'book Of Sins' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by Exceller(m): 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
2BABA: About the Nationwide Protest;
Read the statement in full
Since the idea of a nationwide march was first mentioned, the need for urgent solutions to the challenges facing Nigerians has become very clear. The people have hoped for a better Nigeria since 1999 but things are not getting any better for the majority. We are still where we are – poor and desperate. I will be no longer be quiet. I want to thank EiE, The 2face Foundation, numerous colleagues and countless fellow Nigerians for stepping up to partner with me. I am just a musician with a point of view and the ear of my fans. I have dedicated my time and resources to peace building, voter education towards peaceful elections and youth engagement in governance in Nigeria. This time around, my partners, colleagues and I have come together to present a platform for real Nigerians to communicate their real pains to government at all levels in a peaceful and articulate manner with a view to getting lasting solutions to our problems. This march is about demanding that all saboteurs of good government policies should hands off. This march is about encouraging positive minded Nigerians to continue to work without intimidation. We have a system that is clearly designed not to work for the majority. What is this match not about? It is not a platform for politicians of any party to manipulate. I know you will still spin it but for one second leave your battles aside and just listen to people without trying to score cheap political points against one another. It is not a point scoring exercise. It is certainly not personal. It is not an organized labour platform. With all due respect to our comrades who have done much for Nigeria, this march is for the unrepresented. It is not a ‘my religion or tribe is better than yours’ matter. All our blood is red. I, Innocent Idibia, am a living example of a Nigerian who owes their success to Nigerians of every tribe and religion. None ask what religion or tribe I am before supporting me. I am grateful.
Therefore, it is with every sense of humility that I say that with this march, I want:
1) Security
All Nigerians lives MUST matter. My religion, ethnicity or what part of the country I live shouldn’t determine the type of protection I get from my government. According to the Constitution, “the security and welfare of the people shall be the primary purpose of government.”
2)Education
To develop beyond oil, we have to invest in our human capital. Every child must have access to quality education. If our teachers are not paid, how will we raise the next generation to lead the country and run our businesses?
3)Health
Health is wealth. People die daily from lack of basic, affordable health care. We can definitely do better.
4)Power
Government needs to make it easier to generate power at the state and local government level so everything is not tied to the centre. We need electricity to be productive. The cost of generating our own power is crippling.
5)Unemployment
Poor education plus a struggling economy means a
lot of people are unemployed. Unemployed people are hungry and angry.
6)High cost of living Food, transportation, medicine, everything is 3 times, 4 times more expensive but our salaries haven’t increased. What do we do
7)Social
Justice According to the Constitution, “The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall be a State based on the principles of democracy and social justice.” There cannot be one set of rules for the poor and another set for the rich.
coolTransparency
The best way to kill corruption is to increase transparency. Government finances and contracts must be open and available to all. Who got the money, to do what and by when?
9)Cost of government
Our governance is TOO expensive – federal, state, local – cars, housing, allowances. We must reduce the cost of maintaining our public officials 10)Patriotism I stand with Nigeria. There is enough in Nigeria for all of us to “chopbelleful”. Enough is enough.
We must put Nigeria First.
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by Joephat(m): 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by SubtleFRED(m): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
Does Paragraphing kill? angry
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by engrMikemd(m): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2017
what has he done to contribute to the development of his country
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
He is not serious, has a celebrity what can he point at that he has done for the people in his community. The Governor that spouse his weeding was he not corrupt. It is now that he knows that the government of today is not doing fine, when he was busy jumping up on stages signing for the last administration. Collecting money.
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by searchng4love: 12:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
SubtleFRED:
illiterates are not invited
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by searchng4love: 12:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
adeleyeolusoji:
He is not serious, has a celebrity what can he point at that he has done for the people in his community. The Governor that spouse his weeding was he not corrupt. It is now that he knows that the government of today is not doing fine, when he was busy jumping up on stages signing for the last administration. Collecting money.
say only what you know
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by SalamRushdie: 12:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
engrMikemd:

His music as created a source of revenue for thousands, from cd sellers, djs, Mcs,promoters, and record labels, his chain of restaurants and night club provide jobs and patronage to over a 100 workers and vendors , his music has inspired a lot of people with vision, joy and happiness, his success story has encouraged a lot of younger people to strive for greatness and they have ...He was part of those who turned our music industry into a multi million dollar industry that sustains many today ....Can we say the same of you who at most is just a salary earner earning salarium in a job you don't even put in Ur best ..Shalom.
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by searchng4love: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
engrMikemd:
more than anyone in your generation I mean the ones who made it combined together
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by femolacqua(m): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Well said.

1 Like

Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by emeijeh(m): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2017
SubtleFRED:
EPIC!
Op lacks paragraphing skills grin

1 Like

Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by SubtleFRED(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
emeijeh:

EPIC!
Op lacks paragraphing skills grin
No be small ooo grin grin
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by SubtleFRED(m): 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2017
searchng4love:

illiterates are not invited
What is this one saying? Paragraphing is now a show of illiteracy abi? angry

Guy buy your medicine drink
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by searchng4love: 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
SubtleFRED:
What is this one saying? Paragraphing is now a show of illiteracy abi? angry
Guy buy your medicine drink

Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by engrMikemd(m): 7:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
searchng4love:

more than anyone in your generation I mean the ones who made it combined together
I no blame you I blame Buhari
Re: 2baba Gives 9 Reasons For His Planned Nationwide Protest. by searchng4love: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
is dat ur role model?
engrMikemd:

I no blame you I blame Buhari

(1) (Reply)

Actor IK Ogbonna's Wife Rants About Things She Hate About Nigeria / Big Birother Naija Housemates Go On Deep Kissing Spree -download Photos & Videos / Masquerade Spotted At Bet9ja Shop Checking His Bet-slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.