Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Dearartiste: More Than Just Your Talent - You Need A Team - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dearartiste: More Than Just Your Talent - You Need A Team (466 Views)

Are You An Upcoming Artist? Come Showcase Your Talent At Adire Heritage Festival / R.kelly Deserves More Than Just 3 Grammy Awards, True Or False | Let’s Discuss / [Audio Book] The Journey Of Self-discovery - How To Discover Your Talent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dearartiste: More Than Just Your Talent - You Need A Team by Sibe007(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
More than just your Talent - You need a Team
Written by - Mr Ebis

--------------------------------------------

Much more than just your Talent - you need a Team. Yes you have the Voice, you got moves, the looks, or what have you. You would still need a Team. You do not have to go at this alone.

Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people.
- Steve Jobs.

It is often said that if you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with people. The need for a team can not be over-emphasised.

Here are some excuses some artiste would give for riding solo, or attempting to take on their music career alone
Lack of Funds
Not a people person
I don't trust people easily
I don't feel very ready
I think they will judge me, not yet good enough
I don't want to risk wasting other people's time etc.
Dear Artiste, What is your excuse for not yet having a Team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please as much as you can, work towards building your Team, or get attached to a functional one that can be of help.
You cannot fully function as your, BVs (Backup vocalists), Producer, Songwriter, Publicist, Makeup-Artist, Costumer, Video editor and director, Instrumentalists, Performance coach, Manager for bookings, promoter, etc.

When you look big, you can charge bigger. It will enhance your packaging. If you drop a new song, atleast you can be sure of a good number of initial shares, retweets, reposts from members of your team.
Going Solo and taking all these tasks by yourself will affect how far you can go and will most likely wear you out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some points to note about getting the Team you need
1) Know your strengths, know what you are good at. This will be good so you can use this in leveraging when making new connections in the industry.
2) Know your weaknesses - This is important so that you know what area you need help and the kind of people you would need in your team.
3) Be Sociable - Friendly. He that wants a friend must first be friendly.
4) Attend concerts and events to grow your network. If you are introvertish or too shy to approach new people, attend with an extrovert pal or with a group so you could all meet new people together.
5) Have set goals and objectives. Remember your goals should be SMART - Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound.
6) This goal should be clearly communicated with the Team.
7) Do not be too proud to learn from others and ask for help when you need one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MrEbis has years of Music Production experience, A multi-instrumentalist and a Management executive in an Artiste Development and Management Agency.
CADMA (Creative Artiste Development and Management Agency) email: mrebis@cadma.com.ng
Re: Dearartiste: More Than Just Your Talent - You Need A Team by kilokeys(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9EYjQENdPQ

abi.. gurus everywhere.

thnks for u post.. i need epp.. students or record deals

(1) (Reply)

Good Music Alert / Davido Set To Drop New Tune With Young Thug & Rae Sremmurd / 5 Ways To Get Your Music Noticed By Music Bloggers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.