Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

5 Ways To Get Your Music Noticed By Music Bloggers In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Ways To Get Your Music Noticed By Music Bloggers In Nigeria (463 Views)

Music Bloggers Get In Here / 5 Ways To Market Your Music To New Fans / To Entertainment/music Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Get Your Music Noticed By Music Bloggers In Nigeria by Plus1Nigeria(m): 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
As a music blogger at Plus1 Nigeria, a music platform that specializes in helping artists deliver and disseminate promotional music, I’ve witnessed first-hand the good, bad and the ugly associated with artist PR and vying for music blogger and press attention.

Speaking as a music blogger, I often times receive upwards of 30-40 new music submissions a day. Many top tier bloggers receive even more than that. That means that your music submission, assuming you sent it via email, will fall somewhere in between the hundreds or maybe even thousands of other non-music related spam emails that the blogger receives on a daily basis.

There are a number of things that you can do as an artist to Get Your Music Noticed by Music Bloggers in Nigeria. either Free or Paid.

Here Goes…
1) Understand Your Press List

Have the individuals on your press list written about similar artists in the past? Do they only write about pop music or do they also tend to write about up and coming artists? Do they only write about certain genres of music? Does your music fall within that genre?

A quick way to see if a blog has written about an artist you think you’re similar to is to do a Google Search with “site:blogname.com artist name” – Google will show you a list of search results from that blog featuring that artist.

2) Have a Detailed Subject Line

If you’re going to stand out from the crowd you better have a damn good subject line. Is your song a new release? Say so. Is there an MP3/Video attached? Call that out. Is your song featuring a big name artist that might be more well-known than yourself? Call it out.

Good Examples:

MP3/Video: Mr.Katee – “Big Bro” (Prod. By Kuddie Fresh) + “Flawed” Freestyle
(Music Submission) Smoke – Goin Hammer (Feat. Chalie Boy and Gorilla Zoe)

3) Keep the Description Simple

Remember that the recipients of your song submission receive many submissions per day. They don’t want to read a novel when determining whether or not to listen to and post a song. Tell a concise story about who you are and your music. Have you been featured elsewhere? Toured with a famous band? Have a famous cousin? Why are you different? Why should we care about you?

Confusion from Pigeons and Planes says,

“…the pitches that get my most attention are the simple ones that make it easy to check out the music. When it comes to unknown artists, it all depends on the music. If I get an email with 20 attachments, a short story’s worth of writing, and links to everything the artist has ever done, I’m not likely to check it out. If I see a simple message with one song, and if I like that song, I’m going to do what I can to support.”

read the remaining two important steps on
http://www.plus1.com.ng/4888/5-ways-get-music-noticed-music-bloggers-nigeria/

Dont forget to follow us on twitter @plus1_nigeria
Like us on facebook @plus1page
For more Tricks and Tips on Your Music life and also for free Music promotion Contact Us... We Are For Free!!!

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Y-self – No Go Know / Burna Boy - Hallelujah [official Video] / Lyrics | Imydee Miojabole Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.