Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed (1435 Views)

I Need A Very Good Writer To Work For Me Long-term / A Professional Graphics Designer At Your Service / Attention GTB Management: Gtexpress Maraba Service Is Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by syfurian: 11:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hello!
I need writers who are capable of doing the task at the stipulated time given.
Payment fee: 1.5 naira per word.
Number of words: 400 words per article
Numbers of articles available : more than 80 articles per week..
Your account will be credited once my client approve the article.
If you are interested, contact me: contentwryta@gmail.com and attach your mobile number.
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by bemagnify: 11:45pm On Feb 01, 2017
syfurian:
Hello!
If you are interested, contact me: contentwryta@gmail.com and attach your mobile number.
.. Check ur mail box
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by laudate: 12:11am On Feb 02, 2017
syfurian:
Hello!

At =N=1.50 per word for a 400 word article, a writer would earn just =N=600 naira per article. Are you for real? Or are you offering these peanuts as a joke? sad
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by jurist21(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2017
syfurian:
Hello!
check your mail
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by kinxlink(m): 1:31am On Feb 02, 2017
laudate:

At =N=1.50 per word for a 400 word article, a writer would earn just =N=600 naira per article. Are you for real? Or are you offering these peanuts as a joke? sad
can you imagine, he want to render somebody bankrupt.

1 Like

Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by syfurian: 6:07am On Feb 02, 2017
Am not here to waste my time and yours as well. It's real.
I have many proposal in my mail already. They will all get my mail today.
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by afrokid(m): 8:29am On Feb 02, 2017
syfurian:

Sent you a mail
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by Nwaonyeocha: 9:48am On Feb 02, 2017
I sent you a mail
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by Neduzze5(m): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
syfurian:

Your price is quite fair, considering the prices set by other clients. Would have loved to work with you but I have a large project at hand.

Hope our paths can cross in no distant time.
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by everton4life(m): 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
syfurian:
Hello!
check your mail
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by Kingkyle1(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Abugunkingsley@gmail.com
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by ebuks22: 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
zico4real22@yahoo.com
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by Emmitex(m): 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
my email is demmanuel18@gmail.com
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by Grammywinner: 1:53am On Feb 05, 2017
Are You An Exceptional Writer In Dire Need Of A Gig or An Agency In Need Of The Services Of Exceptional Writers? Let Us Then Help You Make The Right Connection.

Visit http://colouredscribes.com A writers Job Board where you can easily announce a job opening by posting a job on the Job Board for free, and also where exceptional writers can also find available openings on the Job Board to apply for.
Re: I Need Writers..... Are You A Good Writer? Your Service Is Needed by laudate: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2017
Neduzze5:
Your price is quite fair, considering the prices set by other clients. Would have loved to work with you but I have a large project at hand.

Hope our paths can cross in no distant time.
Oga, what is 'fair' in his price? I presume you are joking, right? cheesy

syfurian:

Okay, o!! It is those that want to collect =N=600 per article from you that I pity, because I can easily see that the 600 naira will not even be able to cover the bandwidth they need to research and write your articles. See what others are being paid here:

DonaldYusuf:
One question that is often asked by writers and would be writers is whether or not writing can be a viable business or profession. It is public knowledge that in the past in this part of the world writing was not given much consideration as a profession; it was believed that writers were broke. This assertion made a lot of writers to shy away from writing. But thanks to today’s global knowledge economy where information has become the newest oil.

Information is now king; content creators are now in high demand and are paid well. The demand for content has exploded a business known as freelance writing with some top freelance writers earning as much as $500 dollars per article. That’s $500 American dollars for just an article. Let’s do the math in Nigerian Naira: with exchange rate of say 490 Naira to a dollar, $500 will be N245,000. Hmm!

Interesting? But don’t rush into freelance writing if you don’t know the ropes. There are things to learn in order to succeed as a freelance writer. Here I will be sharing some of the steps I took and how I made my first $180 dollars as a writer. Let’s go…

1. Study the business

Freelance writing just like every other business must be studied to equip yourself with relevant information and knowledge. Read materials about the business and ensure you know how it operates. Don’t rush into it without understanding it; if you rush into it you will eventually rush out. I remember taking time to read articles and other materials on the subject of freelance writing.

I once saw a thread on Nigeria’s biggest online forum, Nairaland.com on freelance writing. I took my time to read the author’s contents, the questions readers posted and the answers she gave; I also asked my own questions and got answers. I was equipped with lots of information about the business of freelance writing.

2. Have a mentor and learn from them

It’s not enough for you to just read materials, your development will be faster if you get a mentor that will guide you through the process. In any profession or business, having a mentor is one of the best decisions anyone could ever make. A mentor guides you and prevents you from making some mistakes which he made while starting just like you. A mentor makes the process faster and simpler for you. I made lots of research about freelance writing in Nigeria and was able to find a mentor who is doing very well as a freelance writer. In fact I think he is the biggest freelance writer in the country. I subscribed to his website, read his mails and bought his e-book.

3. Polish your skills and be versatile

One very important thing is to really develop your skill. This is one of the most important things to do because it is your skills that people will pay for; so if you are good you will get referrals. And every serious entrepreneur knows the power of referrals and mouth-to-mouth advert.

4. Treat your Freelance writing as a business

One mistake many new freelance writers make which eventually affects their freelance writing business is the mistake of not taking it as a business. Freelance writing is a business and just like every other business, must be taken serious. To succeed in freelance writing you must treat it the way Dangote will treat his business or the way Wiz Kid will treat his music business/career. If you don’t take it serious you might never make any money from it. To show my seriousness, i opened a corporate account with GTBank for my freelance writing business; I brought my writing business under a registered company name and then opened a corporate account. It’s an indication of seriousness and professionalism.

5. Have a writer blog/website for your Freelance writing

Before I encountered my freelance writing mentor I didn’t take the idea of having a blog or website serious, but after buying his e-book and devouring the content, I saw the importance of having a writer blog or website. Your writer website or blog will serve as your contact; the platform to advertise your services; it makes it easy for potential clients to trust and value you and serves as a channel to display your works. In fact your writer blog or website is your office.

6. Market your Freelance writing business

As noted in our step 4, freelance writing is a business and must be treated as such. One of the major things businesses do is to market their products and services – marketing is the lifeblood of any business. It was marketing that brought me the first major client that paid me my first $180 dollars to write some content. I marketed my freelance writing using two major methods when I started out as a freelance writer. The first method I adopted was to tell people I knew that I was now a freelance writer, and could help them with their content. The second step I took was placing an advert on OLX. I placed a simple advert on OLX advertising my writing services and added my phone number to the advert. I didn’t spend any serious money since OLX is basically free except if you want to rank high.

After a while I got a client through one of the persons I told I was a freelance writer. He recommended me to a client in Lagos and gave him my number. The prospect called me and asked for my charges after we had discussed what he wanted. I charged him $303 dollars but we later settled for $180 dollars. Days later, he made a deposit of 50% of the agreed sum into my account, and I started the work. Later on, I got a client via OLX. He saw my advert on OLX and called. We agreed on cost and 50% deposit was made into my account. That was the beginning of my freelance writing business.

7. Ask for a commitment before you commence the project.

If you look at point 6 above you will notice that I always asked for an initial deposit from my clients before I start writing. Don’t be afraid of asking for payment before the commencement of a client’s work. Professionals act that way, you are also a professional so you should act as one.

The above were steps i took to make my first $180 dollars as a freelance writer, and i still take these steps to remain in the business.

Source: http://businessideas.com.ng/freelance-writing-first-180-dollars/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Do Supply Day Old Chicks To Any State In Nigeria / Clean Direct Uk Used Samsung At A Very Cheaper Price / Encourage My Hustle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.