Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba (15282 Views)

Seyi Law Shows His House Interior, As He Shares New Photos Of His Daughter / Gabriel Afolayan Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest With A Hilarious Photo / Nigerians Blast Blackface For Not Supporting 2face Led Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by exlinkleads(f): 6:45am On Feb 02, 2017
Top Nigeria comedian, Seyi Law has joined the endless list of celebrities who have declared their support for the Feb 6th Nationwide Protest against the government led by music legend, Tuface.

In Seyi's words:

"I have seen you come under serious criticism and read from some people who think your mistakes should be held on you for ever, but I am here to tell you that I am with you. You didn't start the movement, you only lend your support to the voice of the people. You have only proven that at a time such as this, Nigeria and Nigerians deserve to truly be served.

I can boldly say we are not lazy people, we just don't enjoy the right environment to excel. Good governance has been the bane of our development and institutions. Together with you, we will rise and match against those that oppress us.

Today, I stand with you and as long as your stand is for the good of this nation, I will keep standing. Please don't let us politicise the protest as some fools made us do with the fuel subsidy. God bless you brother.

#ISTANDWITH2FACE #SEYILAW2019 #SHIFT2019 #SEYILAW4PRESIDENT#VOTESHIFT."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP9kgVTBHNC/?taken-by=seyilaw1&hl=en

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/02/comedian-seyi-law-declares-support-for.html

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by GeneralB: 6:52am On Feb 02, 2017
Naso

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Young03(m): 6:52am On Feb 02, 2017
Just watching how it will go
i pray no blood will be shed
bt definetly it will

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Young03(m): 6:52am On Feb 02, 2017
bt definetly it will

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by lonelydora: 6:52am On Feb 02, 2017
Nigerian celebrities like follow follow.
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Pseudonymous: 6:54am On Feb 02, 2017
We all stand with 2Baba! . Check my signature

48 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by gtin(m): 6:55am On Feb 02, 2017
busy body don start, all of them wan identify

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Donexy16(m): 7:17am On Feb 02, 2017
The protest must hold, Wether dem like am or not.. #IstandWith2baba anyday..

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Donexy16(m): 7:21am On Feb 02, 2017
gtin:
busy body don start, all of them wan identify

Ehnn!! Leave us alone.. Lazybody

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by hucienda: 7:23am On Feb 02, 2017
This is gradually turning into a movement.

Please don't let us politicise the protest as some fools made us do with the fuel subsidy.

Ouch! Now that gotta hurt.

37 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by sdindan: 7:25am On Feb 02, 2017
Good move.
They try to stop the protest but we will protest it's our right.

17 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by sdindan: 7:25am On Feb 02, 2017
Good move.
They try to stop the protest but we will protest it's our right.

15 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by kolado(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2017
Nice one Seyi Law

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by miqos03: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2017
Recession is affecting the artists and comedians too

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by martyns303(m): 10:38am On Feb 02, 2017
We taking over, one city at a time...

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by adonbilivit: 10:39am On Feb 02, 2017
nice
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by prince9851(m): 10:39am On Feb 02, 2017
Noooo plz pet us not speak up
Buhari has not even been in power for up to 4mins
Just give him more tym...he will do wonders
4mins is not enof to solve Nigeria's problems na
Davido is it not true?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by sabi99(m): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2017
Make all ds celebs come feel d heat of d sun small. Make dem no carry umbrella
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Glowyshoes: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2017
How many protests and marches have they fone yet no positive result.. This govt are not ready to change for good.. You can only take a hirse to the river but cant force it to drink
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2017
This protest is not about 2baba

It's about standing against oppressors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Appswheel(m): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2017
7 WAY TEST FOR 2BABA & FRIENDS PLANNED PROTEST
2Baba, the African Queen Crooner and one of Nigerians most successful artiste has announced a nationwide protest slated for February 6, 2017 tagged #IStandWithNigeria. The march is aimed at calling the attention of President Buhari’s change government to the untold sufferings plaguing the Citizenry. The planned protest is gaining traction with Hip hop artiste Olamide, Burna boy, TerryG and others throwing their weights behind the protest. Harmless and timely as this action seem, few questions needs to be answered before joining the march.

1.IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO PROTEST?
In a press statement released by 2Baba, he headlined the reasons for the protest under the following subjects: Education, Health, Transparency, Cost of Government, Power, Unemployment etc. These are fundamental problems plaguing the Nigerian nation. Would the protest solve these problems? An insightful and honest answer is a resounding “No”. Would the protesters present problem statements and march them with proposed solutions? Will government officials and agencies be called out to give explanations on specific issues; why certain problems exist, persist and not remedied? Is there a plan for a post protest pressure group using Information Technology as its vehicle?

Will 2Baba get artistes to boycott government organized events and influence them to sing meaningful and thoughtful songs reflecting the times and calling on all Nigerians – leaders and followers alike to contribute to the future of our nation by shunning corruption and patronizing made in Nigeria products?

2.IS THIS A WAY TO SURVIVE THE RECESSION?
Rumours have it that the planned rally has the blessings of top politicians of the All Progressive Congress (APC) Party extraction who have parted ways with the Buhari led government. If true, this may just be another ploy for our artiste to survive the economic recession.

With exception to 2Baba, which of Burna Boy, Olamide, TerryG and others have called government attention to the plight of the people through their songs? Will the protest not evolve into a musical show of sort; an avenue for musicians to shake off boredom and depression cast by the biting recession?

3.DO THE ORGANISERS HAVE THE BLESSINGS OF GOVERNOR AMBODE?
By law, Nigerians have the right to organize peaceful protests without obtaining police permit. However, it is advised that they seek and have the consent of the Governor, who is vested with the power to issue licence or permit for holding public meetings, assemblies and processions. Do 2Baba & Friends have the blessings of Governor Ambode and other state governors in states where the protests are scheduled to hold?

4.ARE YOU PREPARED TO DIE FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN?
The Nigerian constitution recognizes the right of Nigerians to hold and stage peaceful protests. We must not be in a hurry to forget the Nigeria Police and authorities’ tact at turning a peaceful protest on its head through pronouncements of civil disobedience, unlawful arrest, trial and detention and killings attributed to accidental discharge. Don’t forget that a hungry Nigerian police is a wounded lion on the prowl. Should a stray bullet come in your direction, are you willing to take it in for patriotism sake?

To cite few examples among thousands; on 13th November 2016, ten people were reportedly killed by the Nigerian Police during clashes with members of the shiite Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), during a religious procession near the northern city of Kano.

“On 22nd November [2016], a coalition of civil society organisations protested to demonstrate their dissatisfaction with the retrospective approval of 100 million Naira (about 300,000 dollars) worth of housing pensions for former Edo State governor Adams Oshiomhole and his deputy Dr. Pius Odubu. Violence occurred when a group of pro-government supporters attacked the demonstration, leading to the injury of 10 protesters” – monitor.civilus.org

5.IS THERE A PROTESTERS REGISTER?
If www.ekocitymagazine.com is to organize a protest against the present government, we would open an online portal for intending protesters to submit their names, qualification, address and their reason(s) for supporting the protest. The register will serve to ensure the safety of all intending protesters and to ensure that only people with good intentions turn out for the event. It will also serve as a trap for thugs who intend to cash on the protest for evil and negative intents.

6.ARE YOU PREPARED TO ENGAGE THUGS?
During the 2012 Oil price hike protest under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, a protester shared his experience at Freedom Park where he was harassed by street urchins; he was saved by the ten thousand Naira notes he had on him. He flung it in the air to distract them and fled when they scrambled to pick the notes. In this biting recession, are you willing to part with your hard earned money and risk being mishandled by thugs and criminals?

Olamide, Burna boy and TerryG who are strong supporters of the protest have a history of attracting thugs to their concerts; the planned protest will not be different. In December 2016, at a concert held at the Eagles Club, Adeniran Ogunsanya Lagos, Olamide’s performance was underlined with broken bottles and flying fists. His presence will no doubt attract ‘street boys’.

7.WHAT ARE YOU CONTRIBUTING TO NIGERIA’S DEVELOPMENT?
Charity begins at home. Before you march bearing placards, chanting songs and pointing accusing fingers, search your conscience and answer these questions, “Do I contribute to a prosperous Nigeria? Do I consciously go out of my way to patronize made in Nigeria goods and services? Do I make a living by being transparent, accountable and hardworking? If you answered Yes to these questions keep up the good and commendable work, otherwise, go and make penance, turn a new leaf and become a “born again” citizen.

A protest of this magnitude and intention will better be staged at Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. You will agree that the Lagos State government under the leadership of Governor Ambode is delivering the dividends of Democracy. Lagos State is not the best location to stage a protest against a non-performing government given that the action will hamper economic activities.

As concerned Nigerians who are at the receiving end of President Buhari’s ineffectual leadership, we would only support a well-planned protest, one bearing problem statements, proffering realistic and actionable solutions and creates a follow up pressure group employing ICT solutions.

We are not convinced that 2Baba and friends have this level of organization in place.

Did 2Baba and friends pass the 7 Way test? We look forward to reading your comments and thoughts.

Source: http://ekocitymagazine.com/blog/2017/02/02/7-way-test-2baba-friends-planned-protest

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Olukolade1: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2017
No going back

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by anytexy: 10:41am On Feb 02, 2017
Any body that still supporting this Govt needs stone.. Unless if the person is not buying from market where I dey buy.

7 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by ayindejimmy(m): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2017
Young03:
bt definetly it will
I'm not saying you shouldn't protest while I sit at home and pray for you. Just watch out for suicide bombers that may use the opportunity to cause havoc
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by ayindejimmy(m): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2017
Young03:

bt definetly it will

I'm not saying you shouldn't protest while I sit at home and pray for you.
Just watch out for suicide bombers that may use the opportunity to cause havoc

#istandwithbuhari
#istandwith2face
#onelove
#seftyfirst
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by voicelez: 10:41am On Feb 02, 2017
I see a future Nigeria where stories of how one musician lead to a protest against bad governace and later changed the fate of the great country
Tubaba is the name of the musician and Nigeria is the name of the country.
The story was told by witnesses (you and I) to our children and children's children
#IstandWith2baba
click like if see that future

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 02, 2017
Pseudonymous:
We all stand with 2Baba!
Check my signature

ODE
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 02, 2017
If you don't protest who will protest for you?

#IStandWith2Baba Jor!

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 02, 2017
anytexy:
Any body that still supporting this Govt needs stone.. Unless if the person is not buying from market where I dey buy.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by ionsman: 10:43am On Feb 02, 2017
Mehn things have to change. Only an insincere person will turn a blind eye to the current hardship in naija...I voted Buhari, campaigned sternly for him which even caused wahala between I and my madam then...She refers to him as "your papa". When she wants to mock me, she will be like, "your papa never still give you contract?" grin grin.

I fell ill(malaria) last week and went to the pharmacy to get drugs. Then I discovered Lonart is now #1400 and Coartem #2300. I felt so bad because I know a lot of people now can't even treat malaria.I bought it because I could afford it but I knew someone somewhere is dying because of the price surge in drugs.

In retrospect, I love Buhari so much but things are hard.We have to be truthful to ourselves. Our leaders have to be upright. I remember Amaechi saying," we loot because the masses don't complain". We have to take our destiny on our hands or else this country is doomed. Thanks.

11 Likes

Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by LesbianBoy(m): 10:43am On Feb 02, 2017
One of the few sensible yoruba boys! tongue
Re: Seyi Law Supports 2Face Idibia Led Protest, Declares #IStandWith2Baba by Lasskeey: 10:44am On Feb 02, 2017
cool....I STANDwithDASUKI......ARMS DEAL N PDP DOLLAR ENVELOPE grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iyanya Threatens OAP, Last Prophet, For Talking About Him Dumping Ubi Franklin / Mike Ezeruonye In Mercy Johnson’s Insult Attack, Will The List Ever Ends / Famous People You Never Thought Would End Up In The Same Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.