Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

Defending Nairaland Authors All - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Defending Nairaland Authors All (1232 Views)

Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defending Nairaland Authors All by Eze2000(m): 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
In recent times, there have been a lot of complaints and criticism on here about the lack of quality work from authors. Hitherto, I have made no comment on any of these issues but today, I break my silence due to a very insulting one that has popped up (though my attention was drawn to it late).

PoliticalThuG:
Ever since i began gracing this section, all the so called stories i have read so far were stale and unteresting..

When are the writers gonna come up with good stories that will suit my taste?

U guys need to up your games..plz.

Better still, i can teach you guys how to write good stories if you wish to learn, thanks

This guy who parades himself as e-Thug had the audacity, the rudeness, the discourtesy, the idiotic boldness to open a trend and call "All NIGRALAND AUTHORS.... IDIOTIC AND LAZY!", Offered to teach us how to write!

Well, here is your reply.

Firstly, writing is one thing but story build is a whole new thing. One can be a good writer, a wonderful speaker ever, but a terrible author....fact!

On the issue of authors, though, there are authors and there are fakers, there are even learners and hard workers who never just get it right. But one thing is for sure, writing an ordinary story with a lot of copying is easy but a very good and original story will take you lots of time (months even years...Ruthless Betrayals, my first book, took me nearly 2 years) and lots of headaches! And then when you finally get it out and post it here, everybody and his blogger brother copy it in seconds and you find your work popping up in different colors all over the internet!

And you wonder why there is a lack of quality works here!

Listen again. Each year or so, Nairaland does a beauty and handsome contest...you follow? Mr. Nairaland and Miss Nairaland. Not once have they done a contest for authors..no reward or recognition, we even get banned by bots a lot...the thing has frustrated me twice, I abandoned my previous thread due to it. It took a direct call from Repogirl - God bless her gentle soul - which was supported by many authors including me, before our stories started making front page once in a blue moon.

Yes, sir, there are very fine authors here who entertain for free with original stories. Now begin in low gear and you got the likes of 'godmother' with her command of the British English ...keep going and you got the like of safarigirl who takes romance and action to a new level even as she studies law in a university ...still keep going and you'll get old Frank with his magic spins and if you are very lucky, you could pass me along the line to the likes Larrysun and her majesty Repogirl the old gods of this section.

Did I mention simonhabby, sorry he's retired now and off in South Africa with a new project, this I know from our last conversation. Zukky77, who moved on to become the architect of Globalruns is in China right now, too rich to write again...thses are just a few i know well.

Nairaland is near empty of golden talents right now and the economy has a lot to do with it as we established authors do not have the time to kill anymore and so what you got here now are 'eager beginners' and from my point of view, they are not too bad, every skill begins from somewhere don't they? My first book was crazy, but simonhabby saw my talent all the way from South Africa when I was set to quit writing and reached out to me. I picked up my pen again and never stopped till now.

We evolve, all authors do, but when people like you go around dishing out harsh criticism, that inner fire that keeps us burning dies. Have we asked you to pay for our works here? If we did none of those works would make front page in 100 years of trending.... I know this for sure. cos i got two trends where I promote paid books, very good ones too, each is $4 in the USA.

Unfortunately for you, Mr PoliticalThug, I am a confident author and so on behalf of all Nairaland Authors, I will now teach you a lesson...are you hearing me?

Get you school bag, an 80 leaves notebook and a pencil, white socks and brown sandals too, go to this trend, 'FOUR SHORT STORIES by Eze2000, and sit your ass down. But first make a choice of the four books you see there, the one that suits that insatiable taste of yours, then sit down and watch, do not allow anyone charge you a penny and don't rip over my table while in the class.

The topic of the lesson I will teach you is .. always watch your language when you walk into a new house.

My current trends are always on the front page of this section but in case you come here at night and miss your way just tap this link to go where I want to see you ..

https://www.nairaland.com/3605090/four-short-stories

Audios!

1 Like

Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
see long note
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by yorhmienerd(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
People are just giving this e-thug attention.. Ignore him angry
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Akposb(m): 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
Perfect reply is it.
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Divepen1(m): 11:52pm On Feb 02, 2017
Even God had to talk about the ignorance of the people. Politicalthug had misplaced his usefulness and embarked on an unending journey by trying to discredit or make writers feel worthless. Even if he had tried it on other section, he shouldn't have brought it near writers who may devote their years of writing to discredit, disgrace, disfigure his little usefulness on Nairaland. I might not be hurt if he had said anything about me. But I'm hurt to see him go about on this section to discredit nairaland writers. Humans are supposed to be ray of hope for those using their brain. But he's not encouraging them in anyway.
If you think you are a writer on this platform, you are yet to stand amongst the great writers many of this your so called 'wannabes' have gotten to. Many of them might have not gotten where they want to, but they have hope. So, before you try to blow it off, we will shove you out. Thanks sir Eze2000
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by PoliticalThuG(m): 9:16am On Feb 03, 2017
Eze2000:
In recent times, there have been a lot of complaints and criticism on here about the lack of quality work from authors. Hitherto, I have made no comment on any of these issues but today, I break my silence due to a very insulting one that has popped up (though my attention was drawn to it late).

This guy who parades himself as e-Thug had the audacity, the rudeness, the discourtesy, the idiotic boldness to open a trend and call "All NIGRALAND AUTHORS.... IDIOTIC AND LAZY!", Offered to teach us how to write!

Well, here is your reply.

Firstly, writing is one thing but story build is a whole new thing. One can be a good writer, a wonderful speaker ever, but a terrible author....fact!

On the issue of authors, though, there are authors and there are fakers, there are even learners and hard workers who never just get it right. But one thing is for sure, writing an ordinary story with a lot of copying is easy but a very good and original story will take you lots of time (months even years...Ruthless Betrayals, my first book, took me nearly 2 years) and lots of headaches! And then when you finally get it out and post it here, everybody and his blogger brother copy it in seconds and you find your work popping up in different colors all over the internet!

And you wonder why there is a lack of quality works here!

Listen again. Each year or so, Nairaland does a beauty and handsome contest...you follow? Mr. Nairaland and Miss Nairaland. Not once have they done a contest for authors..no reward or recognition, we even get banned by bots a lot...the thing has frustrated me twice, I abandoned my previous thread due to it. It took a direct call from Repogirl - God bless her gentle soul - which was supported by many authors including me, before our stories started making front page once in a blue moon.

Yes, sir, there are very fine authors here who entertain for free with original stories. Now begin in low gear and you got the likes of 'godmother' with her command of the British English ...keep going and you got the like of safarigirl who takes romance and action to a new level even as she studies law in a university ...still keep going and you'll get old Frank with his magic spins and if you are very lucky, you could pass me along the line to the likes Larrysun and her majesty Repogirl the old gods of this section.

Did I mention simonhabby, sorry he's retired now and off in South Africa with a new project, this I know from our last conversation. Zukky77, who moved on to become the architect of Globalruns is in China right now, too rich to write again...thses are just a few i know well.

Nairaland is near empty of golden talents right now and the economy has a lot to do with it as we established authors do not have the time to kill anymore and so what you got here now are 'eager beginners' and from my point of view, they are not too bad, every skill begins from somewhere don't they? My first book was crazy, but simonhabby saw my talent all the way from South Africa when I was set to quit writing and reached out to me. I picked up my pen again and never stopped till now.

We evolve, all authors do, but when people like you go around dishing out harsh criticism, that inner fire that keeps us burning dies. Have we asked you to pay for our works here? If we did none of those works would make front page in 100 years of trending.... I know this for sure. cos i got two trends where I promote paid books, very good ones too, each is $4 in the USA.

Unfortunately for you, Mr PoliticalThug, I am a confident author and so on behalf of all Nairaland Authors, I will now teach you a lesson...are you hearing me?

Get you school bag, an 80 leaves notebook and a pencil, white socks and brown sandals too, go to this trend, 'FOUR SHORT STORIES by Eze2000, and sit your ass down. But first make a choice of the four books you see there, the one that suits that insatiable taste of yours, then sit down and watch, do not allow anyone charge you a penny and don't rip over my table while in the class.

The topic of the lesson I will teach you is .. always watch your language when you walk into a new house.

My current trends are always on the front page of this section but in case you come here at night and miss your way just tap this link to go where I want to see you ..

https://www.nairaland.com/3605090/four-short-stories

Audios!
for the past 3 days now, the so called short stories thread only got two comments.. What does that connote? Gerrarrahea mehn
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Eze2000(m): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
for the past 3 days now, the so called short stories thread only got two comments.. What does that connote? Gerrarrahea mehn

like I pointed out before, I abandoned my last trend which is just like it so most people think I'm faking or about to make it a paid work like normally do. write half and ask them to pay when they are hooked but once I get going, they'll come. however I got most on whatsapps and the voting has not stopped even on email.

But wait Mr. e-thug, u seem too full of shit.

How about I abandon this new trend and you me and 'godmother' get together in one single trend, one story, one pen. let's see your creative skill is as forthcoming as your mouth.

Join me alone today if you please.

A short story, 1500 words, time limit 24 hrs. new story ...new content. You write, I write, the whole nairaland votes the better. If any of us copies, they will catch the person. they are smart here.

You will not win this as u have pissed off.

Own up or shut up..
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by PoliticalThuG(m): 10:09am On Feb 03, 2017
Eze2000:

like I pointed out before, I abandoned my last trend which is just like it so most people think I'm faking or about to make it a paid work like normally do. write half and ask them to pay when they are hooked but once I get going, they'll come. however I got most on whatsapps and the voting has not stopped even on email.

But wait Mr. e-thug, u seem too full of shit.

How about I abandon this new trend and you me and 'godmother' get together in one single trend, one story, one pen. let's see your creative skill is as forthcoming as your mouth.

Join me alone today if you please.

A short story, 1500 words, time limit 24 hrs. new story ...new content. You write, I write, the whole nairaland votes the better. If any of us copies, they will catch the person. they are smart here.

You will not win this as u have pissed off.

Own up or shut up..
you abandoned your former trend... Thats how you lazy writers use to do.. They will start a story, to update na wahala.. They will update once per week.. When i used to write before my retirement, i updated my stories 5 times a day. But what do we have now?

In a bid to create stupid suspence, you end up losing your readers with your sluggish updates..
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Eze2000(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
you abandoned your former trend... Thats how you lazy writers use to do.. They will start a story, to update na wahala.. They will update once per week.. When i used to write before my retirement, i updated my stories 5 times a day. But what do we have now?

In a bid to create stupid suspence, you end up losing your readers with your sluggish updates..

Then teach me how it's done and stop wasting my time with your worthless rants.
Oh, wait! You write? Really write?
Send a link, if you please. I've never heard you even by mistake. And the day u start buying data for me or paying my bills, feel free to criticize my sluggishness at getting on the net.

And by the way, nairaland has a problem with bot bannings, perhaps you haven't noticed because you are even sluggish and lazy at reading updates others write. Once these bots get ahold of you it's maddening. long updates are removed and you get banned for your troubles. In my case, I left to mind my own business, leaving Seun to his. Go to the abandoned trend if you doubt me, one of the supermodes left a message there.... 'unbanned' he said but by that time it was too late for me to go on, I had another project in hand. (the abandoned trend is ....3 short stories by Eze2000)

So u are retired now that I've called you out? I think u should retire your mouth as well. Very important because you talk too damn much, sir, and yet say nothing useful.

If you were in class to really retire like simonhabby or repogirl, you would take a moment to show us 'lazy authors' what a 'pompous author' can do.

Authors like Larrysun who retires all the time would have hit me with a dazzling short story by now, but u.?

"You are becoming like an old woman. Talk, talk, talk and no action!"
-- Mrs. Lillian Nzeribe (Ruthless Betrayals by Eze King Eke)

Mr. Thug.....Political thugs never retire. Put up or shut up.

Your enemy truly
Eze2000

1 Like

Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Divepen1(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
That's it.
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by PoliticalThuG(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
Eze2000:

Then teach me how it's done and stop wasting my time with your worthless rants.
Oh, wait! You write? Really write?
Send a link, if you please. I'll never heard you even by mistake. And the day u start buying data for me or paying my bills, feel free to criticize my sluggishness at getting on the net.

And by the way, nairaland has a problem with bot bannings, perhaps you haven't noticed because you are even sluggish at lazy at reading updates others write. When these bots get ahold of you it's maddening. long updates are removed and you get banned for your troubles...in my case, I left to mind my own business, leaving Seun to his. Go to the trend if you doubt me, one of the modes left a message there.... 'unbanned' he said but by that time it was too late for me to go on. (3 short stories by Eze2000)

So u are retired now that I've called you out? I think u should retire your mouth as well. Very important because you talk too damn much, sir, and yet say nothing useful.

If you were in class to really retire like simonhabby or repogirl, you would take a moment to show us 'lazy authors' what a 'pompous author' can do.

Authors like Larrysun who retires all the time would have hit me with a dazzling short story by now, but u.?

"You are becoming like an old woman. Talk, talk, talk and no action!"
-- Mrs. Lillian Nzeribe (Ruthless Betrayals by Eze King Eke)

Mr. Thug.....Political thugs never retire. Put up or shut up.

Your enemy truly
Eze2000
k
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by EmperorLee(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hehehehe Na PoliticalThug u serious dey tackle like dz ? grin cheesy.
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by PoliticalThuG(m): 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
EmperorLee:
Hehehehe Na PoliticalThu u serious dey tackle like dz ? grin cheesy.
you wan talk say i no dey serious?
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by EmperorLee(m): 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
you wan talk say i no dey serious?

Hahahahaha. Bros, me with you know say you be Troll, so i no understand how you kan serious pon this "writers are lazy" ish.

4 Likes

Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by PoliticalThuG(m): 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
EmperorLee:

Hahahahaha. Bros, me with you know say you be Troll, so i no understand how you kan serious pon this "writers are lazy" ish.
lol... To be frank, e get one story wey i like for here.. Them title am tarasha( action thriller), but since the writer of the said story refused to update frequently, na im make me dey vex since
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by EmperorLee(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
lol... To be frank, e get one story wey i like for here.. Them title am tarasha( action thriller), but since the writer of the said story refused to update frequently, na im make me dey vex since

Lmao, i feel your pain bro, I really do.

If you had mentioned another story, i for no fit get mouth make excuse, buh Tarasha wey you mention na hin we go use do case study. Na Oyinprince be the author, and here are some of the reasons why he hasn't been consistent with Tarasha's updates.

1)Dude is a student, he just resumed for the semester couple of weeks ago, asides from the fact that he was still battling with settling back into the system after Xmas break, He also has numerous school works to deal with, par example; Tests and projects.

2) He has issues with the device with which he is updating the story.

All these and more was were what cornered him into deciding to halt updates on Tarasha until recently. Bro, trust me Oyin is not a lazy writer, it's just that right now, he has a lot to deal with and nonetheless, he is still trying to keep up with 3 updates per week and here you are, still complaining.

One thing for sure bro, even if you update 5 times daily, readers will still long for more, readers are never satisfied and that's one thing every writer should understand. In as much as every writer bare that in mind, readers should also endeavour to be reasonable and understanding. This thing no dey put food for writer table now, it's just their passion and they are trying to entertain us with it, the least we can do is to be reasonable with them and understand that they have their own private lives and issues to deal with.

I really understand where you are coming from, but you also should try and understand the writer's situation.

No writer is lazy, No story is not boring, we all just have different preferences and taste. All in all, if you don't like a writer's piece, do well to criticise him/her objectively or quietly leave his/her thread alone. Live and let's live, bruh.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Chumzypinky(f): 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Chumzypinky(f): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
k
lol, my guy has bcome speechless... Eze2000, thanks for rendering this interesting dude speechless. One coke for u
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by EmperorLee(m): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
Chumzypinky:

lol, my guy has bcome speechless...
Eze2000, thanks for rendering this interesting dude speechless. One coke for u

Menh your bad mouth no get part 2 grin. I bet you even write stories better than you diss, no ?
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
EmperorLee:

Lmao, i feel your pain bro, I really do.

If you had mentioned another story, i for no fit get mouth make excuse, buh Tarasha wey you mention na hin we go use do case study. Na Oyinprince be the author, and here are some of the reasons why he hasn't been consistent with Tarasha's updates.

1)Dude is a student, he just resumed for the semester couple of weeks ago, asides from the fact that he was still battling with settling back into the system after Xmas break, He also has numerous school works to deal with, par example; Tests and projects.

2) He has issues with the device with which he is updating the story.

All these and more was were what cornered him into deciding to halt updates on Tarasha until recently. Bro, trust me Oyin is not a lazy writer, it's just that right now, he has a lot to deal with and nonetheless, he is still trying to keep up with 3 updates per week and here you are, still complaining.

One thing for sure bro, even if you update 5 times daily, readers will still long for more, readers are never satisfied and that's one thing every writer should understand. In as much as every writer bare that in mind, readers should also endeavour to be reasonable and understanding. This thing no dey put food for writer table now, it's just their passion and they are trying to entertain us with it, the least we can do is to be reasonable with them and understand that they have their own private lives and issues to deal with.

I really understand where you are coming from, but you also should try and understand the writer's situation.

No writer is lazy, No story is not boring, we all just have different preferences and taste. All in all, if you don't like a writer's piece, do well to criticise him/her objectively or quietly leave his/her thread alone. Live and let's live, bruh.
i understand but i wonder why they are angry with me voicing my opinion.. They should be happy that there is someone like me who is dying to read them..

I am a busy person.. I have some other things that consume my time too.. And i still create a lil space out of my tight schedule to come and read some people on nairaland, and someone will go and come and be posting once in a week.. Who no go be angry over their sluggish updates?

Everybody has got life outta nairaland, bro
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
Chumzypinky:

lol, my guy has bcome speechless...
Eze2000, thanks for rendering this interesting dude speechless. One coke for u
dnt start pls
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by EmperorShizzy: 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mumu people
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Chumzypinky(f): 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
dnt start pls
of cus i wnt boss. Dont get frightened okay?
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Chumzypinky(f): 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
EmperorLee:

Menh your bad mouth no get part 2 grin. I bet you even write stories better than you diss, no ?
lol. Shey na ds small tin na make u say i get bad mouth? Abi, u don see my history b4? *winks*
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by EmperorLee(m): 6:25am On Feb 04, 2017
Chumzypinky:

lol. Shey na ds small tin na make u say i get bad mouth? Abi, u don see my history b4? *winks*

I read all your comments on PoThug's thread, you just dey spit fire like Xango grin. You are not always like that, are you ?
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Chumzypinky(f): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2017
EmperorLee:

I read all your comments on PoThug's thread, you just dey spit fire like Xango grin. You are not always like that, are you ?
nah....xcept wen i'm really provoked. And he really provoked me 2 say tins i wsnt supposed to
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by cyndylove64(f): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2017
Eze2000 and emperor lee God bless u both.political thug ntorrrrrrrrrrrr nxt time u will think before u start typing.and am still expecting u to accept eze2000 challenge.but u just withdrew like a rat.choi u Bleep up.as for saying everyone has a life out of nairaland.u were not begged to join nairaland the adage says if u can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.so nxt time don't derail people thread.u still owe buttersss an apology.have not seen it yet.and also nairaland writers.#mind u don't insult me if u do u will be sorry#mummy pinky hope u are good#oya go to redashes nd do d deal.no time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by OGWaheedi: 7:44am On Feb 04, 2017
Chumzypinky:

nah....xcept wen i'm really provoked. And he really provoked me 2 say tins i wsnt supposed to

Lol, thank God you know you said a lot of things you shouldn't have said, plus i saw someone pointing out your habit of using short hand alot, i think he his right and i hope it doesn't affect when you are writing an update?

Emperor
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Chumzypinky(f): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2017
OGWaheedi:

Lol, thank God you know you said a lot of things you shouldn't have said, plus i saw someone pointing out your habit of using short hand alot, i think he his right and i hope it doesn't affect when you are writing an update?

Emperor
i dnt abbreviate wen writing. I've never tried abreviating my works b4
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by Chumzypinky(f): 9:53am On Feb 04, 2017
cyndylove64:
Eze2000 and emperor lee God bless u both.political thug ntorrrrrrrrrrrr nxt time u will think before u start typing.and am still expecting u to accept eze2000 challenge.but u just withdrew like a rat.choi u Bleep up.as for saying everyone has a life out of nairaland.u were not begged to join nairaland the adage says if u can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.so nxt time don't derail people thread.u still owe buttersss an apology.have not seen it yet.and also nairaland writers.#mind u don't insult me if u do u will be sorry#mummy pinky hope u are good#oya go to redashes nd do d deal.no time
i'm good oo. D dude owes me an apology as well
Re: Defending Nairaland Authors All by OGWaheedi: 10:17am On Feb 04, 2017
Chumzypinky:

i dnt abbreviate wen writing. I've never tried abreviating my works b4

Fair enough then smiley

(1) (Reply)

gods At War(the Golden Scepter) A short Fantasy Novel / How To Write A Good Novel / Abraham Lincoln's Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.