Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). (2731 Views)

Two Men Arrested For Generating Fake Bank Alerts [Photo] / Man Scams Shop Owner With Fake Bank Alert After Buying 32" TV In Delta. Photo / Man & His Girlfriend Who Dupe Sellers With Fake Bank Alerts Arrested By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). by MOSTEC(m): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
Do you know that your bank account can easily be hacked if you give out sensitive information to the wrong hands knowingly and unknowingly but i will teach how to know when scammers wants to steal your bank details by sending you an email that looks exactly like those mails you receive from your bank.
I recently received an email from a scammer and it looks exactly like the one i used to receive form Gtbank but unfortunatly to the scammer i knew all their tricks and i look well when ever i see such mail, see the image below

Re: Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). by MOSTEC(m): 9:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
From the image above forget the firstGeNS@ gtbank.comwhich looks as the original email from Gtbank but the last email aaddress shows the original sender <lordroberta@ gmail.com>
The original mail from scammer
Dear Customer,
Update Internet Banking Account
It has come to our notice that many of our customers internet banking account has been compromised due to the ineffectiveness of email and phone ALERTS attached to their internet banking accounts.
We strongly advise that you update this email- "your email " on your internet banking account.
Login Only through this portal below:
https://ibank.gtbank. com/ibank3/login /update-alert.jsp
For further enquiries on your Alerts, please visit www.gtbank.com/Alert
cc:
lalasticlala
Re: Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). by ybalogs(m): 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
Information shared no matter how little can really liberate a lot of people.Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). by ipobarecriminals: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
u Shine ur eyes,nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). by forreelinc(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
What if you have fallen victim to these scammers? What measures can be taken to get your money back and secured your account
Pls and thank you

1 Like

Re: Fake Bank Alert Mail From Scammers (419). by MOSTEC(m): 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Latest News About Kidnapper Evans / Purchasing Firearms Legally / Breaking: Doctor Kills A Covid-19 Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.