Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Help A Depress Dude - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Depress Dude (1063 Views)

I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos / Marriage List...should A Dude Have An Insight Before Taking The Step? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Depress Dude by akinwaley: 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
This is actually my story but I have to open this account just to protect my identity. I feel there is a need for me to share it with you guys maybe you can help me (advise) because am gradually losing my mind. I am a young dude studying in Turkish republic (master). Prior before I left Nigeria last year i welcome a son with my partner of 4years. The issue is that, i am so depressed because am far away from them both. The six months I spent with my son remains the best part of my 27 years on earth. I miss him and his mom so dearly to the extent that I can no longer stay strong. I feel like coming back home since I still have an admission into the one of Nigerian University for my master which i took the entrance exams few days before I left Nigeria but my constrain remains the financial aspect and the way the country is right now. I can’t just come back home without having something to fall back on. Please, how do I stay strong? am such an emotional young man, I would have love to explain more but am not a good orator. Please folks, how do I stay strong since that’s the only option I have got. Thanks and God bless cry
Re: Help A Depress Dude by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
If you miss them that much, then start communicating with them more often via phone calls. Or tell your wife to get Skype or IMO so you can be seeing them on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Depress Dude by cocolacec(m): 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
look for a job in Turkey for financial support so you can apply for visas for your family to visit you or a residence permit.Ask the school or student union they will guide you on what to do.

1 Like

Re: Help A Depress Dude by akinwaley: 12:00am On Feb 03, 2017
i spend hours with her on skype and wassap daily just to see them both. honestly, its not helping that much.
NotOfThis:
If you miss them that much, then start communicating with them more often via phone calls. Or tell your wife to get Skype or IMO so you can be seeing them on a daily basis.
Re: Help A Depress Dude by akinwaley: 12:04am On Feb 03, 2017
cocolacec:
look for a job in Turkey for financial support so you can apply for visas for your family to visit you or a residence permit.Ask the school or student union they will guide you on what to do.
thank you
Re: Help A Depress Dude by Talltom: 12:35am On Feb 03, 2017
No one has the magic formula that will quench your emotions, only you can manage it, everyone has been in such a situation before, some worse than yours.

When I completed my basic certificate exams, I gathered some funds and started inter city trade around 17 years old, no one in my family had a single hint, the risks, the fears, even the happy moments, I had no one to share them with because they wouldn't have approved. After I gathered enough funds, I bought forms and registered for my university, paid my fees and accommodation, being born a male puts a certain level of responsibility on you ,some brace up quicker than others and step up, everyone has emotions too.

The way I see it, a Turkish cert has a greater sway and will certainly open more doors for you or you can park up and join your beloved family (which is not going anywhere btw) and waste time and resources you can't recoup. Family is good, forget that, family is everything but it's your time to step up and remember why you left in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Depress Dude by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 03, 2017
Let your missing them be your motivation to keep going.

I'm sure you want to make them proud.

akinwaley:
i spend hours with her on skype and wassap daily just to see them both. honestly, its not helping that much.
Re: Help A Depress Dude by bellong: 1:49am On Feb 03, 2017
What stops you from bringing them over?

Which city are you studying?
Re: Help A Depress Dude by baby124: 2:44am On Feb 03, 2017
Focus more on the life you will provide for them in future. Than right now. What is driving you right now is your emotions. But will your emotions pay the bills and provide that cute little boy with all the things you wished for him?

Brace up, work hard and have a goal which will put your family in the best situation. Try to work to get them visiting visa and tickets to come and visit you.

Don't go back till you have completed your studies. It's cheaper for them to fly down now that he is still little and it's probably free for him to fly. Plus you won't have the burden on family demands in Nigeria if it was you that was to come visiting.

Advise your girlfriend to start working on a valid passport for her and baby. It will all be fine. Do what you have to. She bi okunrin. Woman will not hear story if you miss a good opportunity, but you decide to come and do daddy and lover boy when you can't feed her and the baby ooo.
Re: Help A Depress Dude by akinwaley: 7:38am On Feb 03, 2017
Talltom:
No one has the magic formula that will quench your emotions, only you can manage it, everyone has been in such a situation before, some worse than yours.

When I completed my basic certificate exams, I gathered some funds and started inter city trade around 17 years old, no one in my family had a single hint, the risks, the fears, even the happy moments, I had no one to share them with because they wouldn't have approved. After I gathered enough funds, I bought forms and registered for my university, paid my fees and accommodation, being born a male puts a certain level of responsibility on you ,some brace up quicker than others and step up, everyone has emotions too.

The way I see it, a Turkish cert has a greater sway and will certainly open more doors for you or you can park up and join your beloved family (which is not going anywhere btw) and waste time and resources you can't recoup. Family is good, forget that, family is everything but it's your time to step up and remember why you left in the first place.
thank you, really appreciate
Re: Help A Depress Dude by MrMoRitz: 11:32am On Feb 03, 2017
I know exactly how u feel...but dont be depressed...i have almost the same issue having lived oversea for many years, having a son and wife over there but i am presently here in Nigeria for a couple of months now...

#staystong you can do video calls with them every day like i always do...cheers
Re: Help A Depress Dude by akinwaley: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
MrMoRitz:
I know exactly how u feel...but dont be depressed...i have almost the same issue having lived oversea for many years, having a son and wife over there but i am presently here in Nigeria for a couple of months now...

#staystong you can do video calls with them every day like i always do...cheers
roger that. thanks sir
Re: Help A Depress Dude by LoveDecay(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
akinwaley:

This is actually my story but I have to open this account just to protect my identity. I feel there is a need for me to share it with you guys maybe you can help me (advise) because am gradually losing my mind. I am a young dude studying in Turkish republic (master). Prior before I left Nigeria last year i welcome a son with my partner of 4years. The issue is that, i am so depressed because am far away from them both. The six months I spent with my son remains the best part of my 27 years on earth. I miss him and his mom so dearly to the extent that I can no longer stay strong. I feel like coming back home since I still have an admission into the one of Nigerian University for my master which i took the entrance exams few days before I left Nigeria but my constrain remains the financial aspect and the way the country is right now. I can’t just come back home without having something to fall back on. Please, how do I stay strong? am such an emotional young man, I would have love to explain more but am not a good orator. Please folks, how do I stay strong since that’s the only option I have got. Thanks and God bless cry

You have lost the right to take risks in life. Once you have a child and wife , you play safe. Ask yourself, what is a safe decision ?

(1) (Reply)

Sleepless And Confuse / Advice Needed Urgently / Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.