Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? (1066 Views)

19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by WivesAsk: 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2018
My ex-husband refuses to give back the wedding gift my father gave us and I am determined to get it from him.
My father gave us a car as a wedding gift two years ago. He wrote my ex-husband's name in the purchase receipt and eventually the car was registered in my ex-husband's name.
But it did not take long for the so-called husband to start cheating. And he doesn't cheat with maturity; he goes around with little girls that are probably still in secondary school.
He is so notorious that everyone on the street knows what he does. I am tired of the whole thing and since all appeals from all sides of the family have failed to move him to stop, I have decided to get out of the marriage.
He says he doesn't care whether I go or stay. But when I demanded for my car he called me stupid and crazy, claiming that all the property in the house belongs to him. This is coming from someone who hasn't worked since day one.
Despite that, I want only my father's car back. It is my car; my father gave it to me. I don't care about the rest of the property but he should give me my car let me go.
He is just busy carrying small girls around in the car and I cannot bear that. Let him give me that car, that's all I want. His refusal to give the wedding gift back is just out of spite. He enjoys seeing my frustration as he parties with different women in something he knows has a lot of sentimental value to me.
How can I leave him to gallivant all around town with women in my own car? Am I wrong to ask for it?

SOURCE: http://www.wivesask.com/2018/08/13/ex-husband-refuses-to-give-wedding-gift-back/
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by AJOBI77(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
Senior Special Analysts! Where art thou?
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by jokinexcel(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dear you can't get it back because its a gift given unconditional (there is no condition attached that the gift is a reward for marrying you) to him, (the purchase was done in his name and registered in his name). So just forget about the car and move on.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by Baawaa(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
It is so simple,I will teach you how to Knock the engine of the car, what about that?
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by Alejoc(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
Look for the key and drive it to somewhere far away or damage the car or sell it for a cheap..... Make sure you inform your Dad and report yourself to the police grin

WivesAsk:
My ex-husband refuses to give back the wedding gift my father gave us and I am determined to get it from him.
My father gave us a car as a wedding gift two years ago. He wrote my ex-husband's name in the purchase receipt and eventually the car was registered in my ex-husband's name.
But it did not take long for the so-called husband to start cheating. And he doesn't cheat with maturity; he goes around with little girls that are probably still in secondary school.
He is so notorious that everyone on the street knows what he does. I am tired of the whole thing and since all appeals from all sides of the family have failed to move him to stop, I have decided to get out of the marriage.
He says he doesn't care whether I go or stay. But when I demanded for my car he called me stupid and crazy, claiming that all the property in the house belongs to him. This is coming from someone who hasn't worked since day one.
Despite that, I want only my father's car back. It is my car; my father gave it to me. I don't care about the rest of the property but he should give me my car let me go.
He is just busy carrying small girls around in the car and I cannot bear that. Let him give me that car, that's all I want. His refusal to give the wedding gift back is just out of spite. He enjoys seeing my frustration as he parties with different women in something he knows has a lot of sentimental value to me.
How can I leave him to gallivant all around town with women in my own car? Am I wrong to ask for it?

SOURCE: http://www.wivesask.com/2018/08/13/ex-husband-refuses-to-give-wedding-gift-back/
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
i usually do not like to comment family matter because veryone id different...

do you need a writer, check my signature
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by dingbang(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
Women with fish brain..
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by prettysassygirl(f): 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
He has never worked for once since day 1,oh u knew he was a lazy ass and u married him,all because of looooveeee,hmmm,like I always say,love is a thing of the mind,u can switch it off or on if u wish to but basically most people believe its blind.forget the car,it was bought in his name,see it as a sacrifice grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by Eketem: 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
It's in his name, it's his car. Move on please

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by manpeddy: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
Give me his location I can get the car back
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by Eboski(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
forget the car, It's a reward of the bride price he paid on your head, you have nothing to proven that is yours.
Re: Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
You have to forget this car because it’s in his name. It seems you are still looking for ways to continue the marriage and that’s why you keep bothering him for the car. He won’t give you back because it’s in his name. I know how you feel, I bet you wish the car gets stolen from him by thieves or anything else as long as the car is no more in his possession. On a real, the car is in his name so he cannot give it back. Let it go madam and move on. He probably married you for what he could gain from you. Men these days are pathetic. Leave him to keep chasing small girls up an dan, his dooms day maybe near. Let him go as hard as it may be and painful. Say Bleep him.

(1) (Reply)

Going For A PGD Or Registering In A Fashion School / My Family Is Tearing Apart,im To Young For This! / This Photo Of A Cycling Woman Depicts The Industry Of African Women (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.