Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj (1227 Views)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca / 20 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Mecca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by 0hsisi: 1:54am On Dec 03, 2009
Latest news 
Written by Auwalu Umar and Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar, Mecca 
Wednesday, 02 December 2009 04:06 

Angry Nigerian pilgrims who opposed the return of Mallam Yar'Adua to Nigeria yesterday attacked the leader of the Federal Government delegation to this year’s hajj in Saudi Arabia, Senator Mahmud Kanti Bello, for insisting that Yar'Adua must return to Nigeria.

The incident took place around 12:20pm Saudi time (10:20am Nigerian time) at Suda Hijal area on Mansur Street in Mecca. The vehicle in which Bello was travelling and the two others conveying other officials on the delegation had all their windscreens smashed when the irate pilgrims began to hurl stones at them.

Bello, who was in company of two ministers, chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) Alhaji Muhammad Bello and other officials, was at Suda Hijal to flag off the luggage weighing after the hajj. Suda Hijal is one of three luggage weighing centers designated only for Nigerian pilgrims.

No sooner had he started addressing pilgrims who turned in for the exercise on the need to stick to the 40kg per pilgrim’s travelling bag and 10kg hand bag than the pilgrims began to openly object the exercise and stone him along with other members of the delegation.

The angry pilgrims, according to Daily Trust findings, were those from Bello’s home state Katsina, Adamawa, Kebbi and Zamfara States. Bello was unhurt. The timely intervention of the persons in charge of the weighing center and some loaders saved the situation.

The pilgrims’ main grudges, according to a witness who is also a loader at the luggage weighing center, was Bello’s insistence that their luggage must be weighed, 

Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by 0hsisi: 1:55am On Dec 03, 2009
I believe it's stoning season
Stone all the stonables
These people are hilarious,na violence them dey learn for hajj?
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by olabowale(m): 4:51am On Dec 03, 2009
i have my quarried pebbles already. where are you missy. (------), come out to playee ayee (culled from the 70s movie Warriors; the Coney Island, Brooklyn gang!).
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by olabowale(m): 4:56am On Dec 03, 2009
stoning a disbeliever (shayatini ins) is the way to go. Allah has set a humitiating post for shaitani their leader to me stoned.
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by mrperfect(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
I don't know if that latter solve the problem
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by reindeer: 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
Hey look!
Its open season, just keep stoning after you have gotten 'stoned' at the kaba,
violent lot!
Alhaji why na?must everything result in stoning, whipping,beheading,amputating etc?? shocked
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by 0hsisi: 2:11am On Dec 04, 2009
These are the religious group that occupy some parts of Nigeria
Imagine if they had knives?
Heads would have rolled in Mecca.Thank God na only stones
You never know,such actions may make the man stoned have a rethink on his mohamedanism
I guess after "stoning the devil" they get posessed by a stoning spirit
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by olabowale(m): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2009
@reindeer: « #5 on: Yesterday at 11:53:09 PM »
Hey look!
Its open season, just keep stoning after you have gotten 'stoned' at the kaba,
violent lot!
Alhaji why na?must everything result in stoning, whipping,beheading,amputating etc??
How do you deal with your thieves, your fornicators, your adulterous, your killers? (Physician heal thee self!).

@0hsisi: « #6 on: Today at 02:11:05 AM »
These are the religious group that occupy some parts of Nigeria
Imagine if they had knives?
Heads would have rolled in Mecca.Thank God na only stones
People go to hajj with knives. The yemenis do! Yet no one uses it, duuh.

You never know,such actions may make the man stoned have a rethink on his mohamedanism
There is no muhammadnism. You should know better dr. Sorry the religiou think is different from the medical thing.

I guess after "stoning the devil" they get posessed by a stoning spirit
The one who is tempted is possessed. No? The one who is driven into the wilderness is possessed. No? I already have by pebbles to stone the stonables in Yankee land, be it the down south location or up north east! E don mada!
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by 0hsisi: 2:12am On Dec 05, 2009
olabowale:

@reindeer: « #5 on: Yesterday at 11:53:09 PM » How do you deal with your thieves, your fornicators, your adulterous, your killers? (Physician heal thee self!).

God deals with them with something called Grace and mersy.Something allah knows nothing about.
How many rich adulterers have been stoned and amputated?
hipocrites!
IBB stole millions,he still has his arms but some hungry man steals a fowl,you cut off his hand.barbaric bunch.
How do you deal with your adulterers?
Abach died on the laps of whores
Several Muslim leaders in Nigeria carry ashewo both male and female,what have you done to them?
A stupid law that is meant for the poor and lowly.
Have you never fornicated or committed adultery
why haven't you been stoned?

@0hsisi: « #6 on: Today at 02:11:05 AM » People go to hajj with knives. The yemenis do! Yet no one uses it, duuh.

You don't remember past bloodsheds at hajj?
do you want me to refresh your memory?
say so and I will.
I think you folks get fully posessed at hajj
[b]how can people come out of supposedly a holy visit and they are told to weigh their luggage and they respond by hauling stones at the person.Stones capable of killing him.[/b]Or is that how you show love?
Islam is a violent religion.It cannot change anyone and this hajj incidence is a testament to that.
And you sit there,a mature man excusing the violent behavior? shocked shocked shocked
Is that what you teach your kids?
To use violence when they don't get their way?
I pity you folks
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by olabowale(m): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2009
@Ohsisi; « #8 on: Today at 02:12:19 AM »
Quote from: olabowale on Yesterday at 03:52:01 PM
@reindeer: « #5 on: Yesterday at 11:53:09 PM » How do you deal with your thieves, your fornicators, your adulterous, your killers? (Physician heal thee self!).
God deals with them with something called Grace and mersy.Something allah knows nothing about.
And then the Christian's Lake of Fire, while the Jews who think like Mulims, in a war, but much different from the Christians have Hell fire? Ohsisi, which one of them bad things are you willing in indulge in and let me see your gods, altogether cover you with grace and mercy! Listen, if you cant try it here because the government of the US may prosecute you thieft, and many but not adultery because its a daily manna here.

I will not encourage you to any of them, but if you are sure you have grace and mercy on all, and your conscience should be clear if grace and mercy are at work, them Nigeria is a good ground for you to play it out. Choose your point, and please leave adultery out of the menu, and let see the grace in action in Nigeria. You want to dip yourself in blood, there is a new jar of the 2000 years old waiting for you in any village, town or city Nigeria of your choice! Lol.

How many rich adulterers have been stoned and amputated?
hipocrites!
Did you ever read me say that Muslim communities are perfect? They are human, trying and there are a lot of hypocrites among us. I am one. But Islam is perfect and thats where you and I see things differently.

IBB stole millions,he still has his arms but some hungry man steals a fowl,you cut off his hand.barbaric bunch.
How do you deal with your adulterers?
Abach died on the laps of whores
Several Muslim leaders in Nigeria carry ashewo both male and female,what have you done to them?
I live in America and my voice is drowned by the hypocrites leading Nigerian Muslim communities in Nigeria. If I am in Nigeria, the first thing is to work on myself, as much as I do here and now. Then work on my family as I do from here, and not just the occassional visits.

Work on my community. All of these, I intend to do. What can I do with late Abacha whom you never hear me speak favorably about since his sin of adultery was revealed by Allah? What should I do by Babangida who calls himself [b]Evil[/b]genius? Until Babangida make Taubah and returns the loot, what do I have to do with him? And if I were in position of authority, I will demand people like him and others to return the loots by in the night blanketted arrest of all of them and putting them in Big time jail in a hostile enviroments; the Hausa taking him to Calabar Jail/prison and get Igbo man to head his issue. The youruba man to transfer him to Maiduguri and get a Kanuri guy to head his case.

The Igbo man to get him to Oyo and get Igala man to serve as his controller! The point I am making is this, neither of these men do I care to know and personally, am ashamed of them. Each time I have a chance to air my views as some people have brought Babangida's name to my table, I have always said I dont wanna deal with him. That include this morning and I am just telling you that as a person, Babangida is not a good flagbearer of Islam!

A silly law that is meant for the poor and lowly.
Have you never fornicated or committed adultery
why haven't you been stoned?
I dont fornicate and I dont perform adultery because Allah is protecting me. If I do either, you would have known! Am greedy when it comes to women, but I have been be able to close my eyes, as in "see no evil?" And my Lord has firmed up my faith and am able to handle even when my precious goods are not with me, so I fast to suppress by libido!

@0hsisi: « #6 on: Today at 02:11:05 AM » People go to hajj with knives. The yemenis do! Yet no one uses it, duuh.

You don't remember past bloodsheds at hajj?
do you want me to refresh your memory?
Imagine if those who carry knives use them, then we will have many more dying with blood flowing in the street, like water. No? Allah says "And you are a people disunited (fighting generational wars to avenge earlier wrongs), and by Islam a Mercy from your Lord, you become a single brotherhood. Osisi, tell me, you dont see a great improvement between a cronic warring enemies who are now brothers who can even refuse to take revenge and refuse blood money, instead of wiping out a whole clan for the same wrong?

say so and I will.
Am all ears, listening so spill the beans!

I think you folks get fully posessed at hajj
When you become muslim, Zaynab will take you for your Hajj, tab I shall pick up.

how can people come out of supposedly a holy visit and they are told to weigh their luggage and they respond by hauling stones at the person.Stones capable of killing him.Or is that how you show love?
They one bad bad muslim apple spoils the bushel! But one good apple of the Christians, Jews, etc, in a bad bushel of Christian apples, always beautify te who bushel, though we see the worms all over them. go sidon.

Islam is a violent religion.It cannot change anyone and this hajj incidence is a testament to that.
Islam changed me from a possible hound to a person who say the best I have already. You do not see any improvement in there, because I know many of my contemporaries going to jazz clubs trying to get some some. On a lesser important example, Tiger is caught chasing tail, coast to coast. The last I check, he is a Christian. No, throwing plenty greens to keep what he is refusing to play with before. What about the wife of Shark the basketballer? Is she not a Christian wanting to drag her husband to the poor house? Ohsis, dont behave like her o. You are a 9ja woman. Keep your hubby, work with him.

And you sit there,a mature man excusing the violent behavior?
Is that what you teach your kids?
To use violence when they don't get their way?
I pity you folks
Where do you see me excusing any violence? Ohsis, if you continue to malign me, I will sue you big time and garnish your paycheck, except the weekly stipent! Oh, the boys are big now and only advise I can give. Zaynab kids, InshaAllah will get the best parenting from this seasoned "pruine", now you dont hae to remind me of my youth! Neither use violence and the future children will not use violence, either, InshaAllah. I pity you Ohsisi for remaining in a situation that when you count 1, 2, 3, you turn around and say it is 1! What kind of math is that, uh?
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by reindeer: 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2009
Sincerely, Alhaji i would have believed all these stories about islam being all that, but for one fact, you choose to stay, live, work and raise your kids in America!If you are all that islamic as you claim, why not saudi?iran?iraq?indonesia?pakistan?no but you chose the 'great satan' america isnt it?
So you see all your fake stories trying to eulogise islam wont work cos you yourself dont believe it enough rather you chose a system founded on christian principles, run by people who arent moslems, who fight moslems everyday, a system you and yours are always criticising and attacking yet you'd rather hold the american passport no?
Abeg, its clear, islam has nothing to offer you or you'd have joined those running back to somalia to fight.
now back to the point, what put me off finally in islam is the love for violence at the drop of a hat, a fight over 10pence will most likely result in some bloodletting where moslems are concerned.
You even went ahead to criticize those at the helm of islamic affairs in Nigeria, why no go back there and fight against them, nope you wont, i forgot, now you are hooked on american TV,and who knows maybe entertainment channel grin
come to think of it, im sure you'd rather ogle the 'hot' american muslims than the 'penguins' of nothern nigeria cheesy cheesy
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by olabowale(m): 12:39am On Dec 06, 2009
By the way, mayor elect of Atlanta georgia's name is Kasin Reed. Am sensing that he is muslim. Ohsisi, confirm that one to Nezan, who does not know that the Holder of his heart is not Jesus, by the Lord of Jesus, Allah Subhannah wa Ta'ala.

@reindeer; « #10 on: Yesterday at 11:20:37 PM »
Sincerely, Alhaji i would have believed all these stories about islam being all that, but for one fact, you choose to stay, live, work and raise your kids in America!If you are all that islamic as you claim, why not saudi?iran?iraq?indonesia?pakistan?no but you chose the 'great satan' america isnt it?
I studied here. I grew up here. If only Nigeria was not as miserly wit their academics, do you think I would have left Nigeria? I made many mistakes. I should have just simply crossed the street to Ghana, or some English speaking African country, so your suggestion is not appropriate. Now as to the great satan, America to me is not satanic for many reasons; there are muslims here, I live here and I would not have lived a moment inside any satan great or little. Many non muslims have good human qualities! Just because somebody labeled America such does not necessarily mean it is true, in the same vein that many call Nigeria 419 people does not mean that this is true! Even you a doctor said you have not seen anything good out of Lagos Muslims, yet the Governor is a muslim and I heard that he is the best of governors, yet! See how wrong you are, still?

So you see all your fake stories trying to eulogise islam wont work cos you yourself dont believe it enough rather you chose a system founded on christian principles, run by people who arent moslems, who fight moslems everyday, a system you and yours are always criticising and attacking yet you'd rather hold the american passport no?
Someday, I will live in 9ja. InshaAllah. So what will you say then, eat your words, above? By the way, the rule of law of USA is not christian principles.Please stop it. America is not fighting muslims everyday because there is at least 6 millions of us here!

Abeg, its clear, islam has nothing to offer you or you'd have joined those running back to somalia to fight.
now back to the point, what put me off finally in islam is the love for violence at the drop of a hat, a fight over 10pence will most likely result in some bloodletting where moslems are concerned.
You need to see Christian in America in the gambling halls, night clubs, shooting dice in the neighborhood, and school yard balls, etc, if they wager a penny, whoever does not pay may get shot! Dr. if you want to be an emergency Doctor (lol) you will make plenty of money setting your clinic to service the drug dealers and mafia people who are always Christians Am sure you will not say that Don Colione, Al Capone, John Gotti were muslims!

You even went ahead to criticize those at the helm of islamic affairs in Nigeria, why no go back there and fight against them, nope you wont, i forgot, now you are hooked on american TV,and who knows maybe entertainment channel
come to think of it, im sure you'd rather ogle the 'hot' american muslims than the 'penguins' of nothern nigeria
Zaynab is a Nigeria woman. Thats my wife. My wife aint bad, at all. She is my type. I am watching news, not entertainment channel. If I want hot American muslim, she will still have to put on the muslim garb on her own, and there are many of them here; Philadephia, NYC, and many many many many (lol) major centres. Further, my woman is very hot and she is all mine! There are muslims women in the south and they are not all northern people from Nigeria.
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by 0hsisi: 5:25am On Dec 06, 2009
olabowale:

By the way, mayor elect of Atlanta georgia's name is Kasin Reed. Am sensing that he is muslim. Ohsisi, confirm that one to Nezan, who does not know that the Holder of his heart is not Jesus, by the Lord of Jesus, Allah Subhannah wa Ta'ala.

You folks peddle silly info to suit your lies.That a man bears a name that sounds Arabic,does not make him Muslim>his father may have dabbled in Islam.
Barack is not a Muslim,neither is Karim,Children have no control over the names their parents give them

Senator Kasim Reed (GA)

Current Office: State Senate
Current District: 35
Party: Democratic

Background Information
Family:
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Home City:
Religion: Methodist

Education:
JD, Howard University
BA, Howard University.

Professional Experience:
Partner, Holland and Knight Limited Liability Partners, present.

Political Experience:
Senator, Georgia State Senate, 2002-present
Representative, Georgia State House of Representatives, 1998-2002
Co-Chair, Shirley Franklin Transition Team, 2001
Campaign Manager, Shirley Franklin for Mayor of the City of Atlanta.

Organizations:
Member, Cascade United methodist Church, present
Board Member, Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund, present
General Trustee, Board of Trustees, Howard University, 2002-present
Past Undergraduate Member, Board of Trustees, Howard University
Member, American Bar Association, present
Member, Cascade United Methodist Church, present
Co-Chair, Moot Court Board, present
Member, National Bar Association, present
Member, State Bar of Georgia, present.

Caucuses/Non-Legislative Committees:
Leadership Georgia Class, 2001
Vice-Chair, Georgia State Senate Democratic Caucus
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by olabowale(m): 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
Ohsisi, after church service, think about about the meaning of "am sensing he is a muslim". Will you come to the conclusion that it simply means "am saying he is a muslim?" Shish, sister.

I simply asked you to confirm it to Nezan who says Islam will not enter all places. You are the southerner. I am not. Kasim, is definitely an arab name and I dare say it is Islamic, because thats the Kunya (nickname) of the prophet, as "Abukasim, father of kasim (reserved only for him, AS)". You will know that Barack is not Jewish and not Kenyan. Go find out.

InshaAllah when Zaynab have children, they will bear Islamic, yoruba and igbo and edo names. There is no way any will bear Fulani, Hausa, Ijaw, Kalabari, etc even if the name is beloved to such a tribe. Lets see, if a name is shared by any tribe with the tribes of from which she and I are bfrom, it will be obviously understood that such a name borne by my children does not come from the foreign tribe, but from the four I listed. Or Ohsisi, will you name your next child Olabowale after me, since you will try to prove a point? Ok, take any yoruba name, or Hausa or Fulani.
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by 0hsisi: 4:37am On Dec 07, 2009
olabowale:

Ohsisi, after church service, think about about the meaning of "am sensing he is a muslim". Will you come to the conclusion that it simply means "am saying he is a muslim?" Shish, sister.

I simply asked you to confirm it to Nezan who says Islam will not enter all places. You are the southerner. I am not. Kasim, is definitely an arab name and I dare say it is Islamic, because thats the Kunya (nickname) of the prophet, as "Abukasim, father of kasim (reserved only for him, AS)". You will know that Barack is not Jewish and not Kenyan. Go find out.

InshaAllah when Zaynab have children, they will bear Islamic, yoruba and igbo and edo names. There is no way any will bear Fulani, Hausa, Ijaw, Kalabari, etc even if the name is beloved to such a tribe. Lets see, if a name is shared by any tribe with the tribes of from which she and I are bfrom, it will be obviously understood that such a name borne by my children does not come from the foreign tribe, but from the four I listed. Or Ohsisi, will you name your next child Olabowale after me, since you will try to prove a point? Ok, take any yoruba name, or Hausa or Fulani.

They are not Islamic names.Christians and atheists in Arab countries bear names like that.They are just Arabic names and since Islam is mainly an arabic creation,it is more common amongst Muslims.
I have had colleagues named Ashraf, Abdul, etc and they were not Muslims though Arabs.
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by ttruth(m): 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2010
@post :

They think the senator is shaitan that is why they are raining an avalanche of stones on him.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Poor senator. These mad muslims want to kill him. If only he knew, he will never follow them to the headquarters of the kingdom of darknes (Mecca and Medina).  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2010
Very soon they shall begin to stone themselves anually in their hajj,until they re all wiped out from d surface of d earth insha Allah
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by 0hsisi: 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2010
toba:

Very soon they shall begin to stone themselves anually in their hajj,until they re all wiped out from d surface of d earth insha Allah

Alaahu wakban! cheesy
Re: Angry Nigerian Pilgrims Stone Senator At Hajj by ttruth(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2010
toba:

Allahu Akbar grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Prince Exposes Saudi Arabia On Oppression / Iranian Film On Ashura Set For Release / In Pictures, Impact Of Fasting On Muslims At National Mosque Abj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.