Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Cpu Setting Incorrect - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cpu Setting Incorrect (1248 Views)

Need Help Gettin A New Laptop: Intel Or AMD CPU? / Finally Cpu Inside Keyboard! / Help 100% Cpu Usage When Am Doing Nothing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cpu Setting Incorrect by aadewale(m): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2007
Hi All,

Please I need somebody to tell me what could be responsible for the issue am going to discuss below and how io resolve it.

I just discovered that my computer statrs giving me this info during the boothing state: CPU SETTING IS INCORRECT, and it is always written in RED letters with the option press F! underneath it.

Sometimes if i get the luck to bypass this info, the computer takes another 20 minutes to finish boothing.

This is sooo frustrating. I will appreciate useful and timely response.

Thanks
Re: Cpu Setting Incorrect by esquire(m): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2007
Afo i'll recommend you back up your settings by writing out the values and you clear your jumper and re.enter it or use default values save and exit that should do it and if its doin so change ur cmos battery. About long booting time i don't want 2 conclude yet cos something similar happened 2 a Dell p3 that use for commercial stuffs it'll display the Dell logo for maybe 5 minutes or more and it'll now boot. Try that first then we'll know where 2 go from there. Cheerio

(1) (Reply)

Research On Internet Usage In Nigeria And A Chance To Win N2,500 Recharge Card / Any Mtn 3g Or Edge Connection(signal) At Vgc,lekki? / A Different Type Of Cyber Cafe - Ideas Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.