Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting (1603 Views)

COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests / Palm Oil Biz.. How I Lost My First Capital / Please I Lost My Bvn Number How Can I Get It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by Shynaboy1: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
Life could be mean. Yes! Or how else can I explain my situation to ensure the readers get a clear view of what happened to me. I would, as a matter of fact, hide my identity and my university because of some personal reasons. Yes, very personal.

It started three months ago, November the 5th, 2016 to be precise, when a neighbour of mine at the hostel won #72,000 with only #5000. During that period, I had my pocket money with me which summed up to a total of #11,500. I enquired about the workings of the betting system and I got the needed information. I then saw the whole system very cheap and a 'reliable' means of getting quick money especially with sure 2 or 3 odds. I tried initially with #3,000 tipping the almighty Barcelona and ever winining Real Madrid among others to complete my 3 odds. Ladies and gentlemen, I got #10,500 before the end of the day. This, as expected, triggered my quest in not only staking as high as possible but also visiting bet9ja shops everyday. To cut the long story short, I lavished my whole cash on betting with Lepzeig, Lyon, Real Madrid and Liverpool casting those #5000 each tickets in rapid succession. I had to lend some cash to travel home for the semester break.
The most painful and regrettable action I took was using my school fees to punt in a bid to recoup all my lost money. I collected my school fee of #45,000 after my parents had gone through thick and thin to ensure I pay it on time. But being in need of money as a guy (clothing, food, girlfriend and so on), I resorted into using #10,000 out of the fee in playing bet and, to satan be the trouble, I lost the game just at the nick of time. Real Madrid succumbed to their opponent at 92 minutes, thereby grounding out a frustrating draw. I took out another #10,000 out of the remaining #35,000 the following day, being a sunday. Again, I lost. Just then, I was introduced to virtual also know around the locality as "baby". I played and wasted #2,000 the first day. By then, I was no longer myself. I continued playing and paying heavily everyday with the resuscitating hope of recouping my money thereby loosing more money till I got #9,000 left. I was thinking about what to do when one of my guy came to me and told me how "sure 10 odds" was sent to him by a reliable somebody. I took the bait and staked the whole #9,000 with the hope of getting #90,000+ in returns. To erase my doubt, the guy himself put #5,000. Lo and behold, ladies and gentlemen, it was the first game that shattered the ticket. I was still suffering from the shock as I type. I don't know how to get my school fees now and it's closing soon. I'm a 500 level student and I can't afford to stay another year. Anyway, I believe sharing this may caution people to bet responsibly if at all they should.
Re: How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by mazimee(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
What nonsense You were just too foolish and greedy at the same time. angry
Re: How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Rules of Gambling

1. don't play virtual betting

2. Don't be fooled by millions people say they won

3. know when to walk away

4. and lastly, don't use your school fees

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by SubtleFRED(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
I didn't read through cos it's same old story of greedy people spoiling the name of bet 9ja
Re: How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by powerfulsettingz: 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Bro u are not alone
That's how I lost around 50k too this last month
Re: How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
OP come forward,
Cmon don't be scared, just come closer..

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by TITOBIGZ(m): 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
OP,I no d feelings my brother, Na dem no make me dey school as i dey type so after gaining admission.I swear down. embarassed
Re: How I Lost My School Fees To Sport Betting by ufuosman(m): 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
Big eye they kill, welcome to the betting world

(1) (Reply)

Buy Diamond / Loan Without Stress / How To Open US Bank Account For Non-residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.