Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests (16852 Views)

Fake News Alert: CBN Denies Selling FX To BDCs At ₦‎1,001/$1 / CBN Denies Plans To Redenominate The Naira From January 2024 / CBN Denies Introducing Policy To Make $1 To ₦1.25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by BleedingPen: 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has denied reports that it was charging fees to process loan requests from Nigerians amid the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Igbere TV recalls that the apex bank had recently set up a N50 billion credit facility for owners of small-scale businesses to apply for loans to cushion the effects of the COVID-19.

Reacting to media reports that the CBN was taking charges in a statement sent to Igbere TV on Monday, Isaac Okorafor, Director, Corporate Communications of the apex bank said the report was not true.

“For the avoidance of doubt, there are clearly spelt out procedures for accessing the N50 billion Targeted Credit Facility (TCP) stimulus package to support households and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, which are disbursed through the NISRAL Microfinance Bank (NMFB),”
he said.

He called on members of the public, particularly households and owners of small-scale businesses, to disregard any message requiring them to pay any amount to process their applications.

“Prospective applicants are advised to approach NISRAL Microfinance Bank or the CBN branch nearest to them for clarification on the procedure for accessing any of the CBN-related loans. Any observed irregularities should be reported to the Consumer Protection Department of the CBN via cpd@cbn.gov.ng or call 07002255226,” the CBN added.

http://igberetvnews.com/1347638/covid-19-cbn-speaks-collecting-fees-process-loans/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by BleedingPen: 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by inoki247: 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
hh
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by chiemmanuel(m): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
NIRSAL has a case to answer

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Me am tired ooo… pls show a bro some useful love abeg, 0046996041, GTBank.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Anwons(m): 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
Then, what's the process to process the loan?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Valkrie: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
ok
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Simplyleo: 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
You must be very careful as a public office holder in this country.

Procedures will be laid down for a particular system, Nigerians (naturally crafty and impatient) will approach you with mouth watering offers to twart this procedure. You comply accordingly.

Same Nigerians will go out (claiming smart and classy) and start discussing with friends.

And that is how you will up defending yourself wondering how this got to the public.

Safest option as public officer, always be honest and transparent. This way, even Lucifer himself can't bring you down.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by iFukSimplyleo: 3:02am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
You must be very careful as a public office holder in this country.

Procedures will be laid down for a particular system, Nigerians (naturally crafty and impatient) will approach you with mouth watering offers to twart this procedure. You comply accordingly.

Same Nigerians will go out (claiming smart and classy) and start discussing with friends.

And that is how you will up defending yourself wondering how this got to the public.

Safest option as public officer, always be honest and transparent. This way, even Lucifer himself can't bring you down.
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Jobio1(f): 5:59am On Apr 14, 2020
I am back# to you moderator you try, instead of you to encourage hard work instead you want to remove food from my table but my God pass you Isaiah 50:7.
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Trueigbo: 6:00am On Apr 14, 2020
How do you access the funds in this lockdown period

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by gergemam: 6:00am On Apr 14, 2020
Audio Loan

Seun how far.... Show your brothers some Love this season

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by wonuks(m): 6:00am On Apr 14, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by solsticey2k3(m): 6:00am On Apr 14, 2020
I’m yet to see what can work smoothly in this our beloved country. ***smh

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Kobicove(m): 6:03am On Apr 14, 2020
Once the government starts any social intervention scheme some Nigerians will want to use it as a means to extort money from potential beneficiaries sad

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by rummmy: 6:03am On Apr 14, 2020
H
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by realstars: 6:03am On Apr 14, 2020
T
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by MarianaTrench: 6:04am On Apr 14, 2020
The usual corruption thing in Nigeria
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by aAK1(m): 6:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Stupid people. I applied and was told they would contact me in 24 hours. Till now, no call

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by zealadjay(m): 6:10am On Apr 14, 2020
Me will just book dis space..
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by PureGoldh(m): 6:11am On Apr 14, 2020
Dx people just dey fry akara ontop people head

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by ProtectMyMoney: 6:11am On Apr 14, 2020

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 14, 2020
Always denying everything......
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by wilemer: 6:14am On Apr 14, 2020
BleedingPenn:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has denied reports that it was charging fees to process loan requests from Nigerians amid the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Igbere TV recalls that the apex bank had recently set up a N50 billion credit facility for owners of small-scale businesses to apply for loans to cushion the effects of the COVID-19.

not like they would admit such in the first place
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by zealadjay(m): 6:15am On Apr 14, 2020
with all dis fins happening, I guess i will hav to move to earth-19
Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Liodins: 6:16am On Apr 14, 2020
I just hope this person can still come out to tell us the leaked tape of the CBN president discussing with someone on how to cover up their fraudulent act is all false too.
Nonsense country

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Chekwume16(m): 6:18am On Apr 14, 2020
The requirements for the facility shows clearly that it is not intended for Nigerians. Why will they be asking for movable collateral registered will collateral registry and one year repayment for working capital. This government is not serious about palliatives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by membranus: 6:22am On Apr 14, 2020
aAK1:
Stupid people. I applied and was told they would contact me in 24 hours. Till now, no call

Same with me.

No call, no mail.

Incompetent agencies waiting for face to face egunje.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: CBN Denies Charging Fees To Process Loan Requests by Lumcy25: 6:26am On Apr 14, 2020

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Namu Central Yam Market: Fire Razes Yam Market In Plateau (Pictures) / Can You Become Self Employed With 100k / CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.