Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named (14451 Views)

CBN Withdraws Skye Bank’s License To Operate / Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by seunlayi(m): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2017
B9
seunfly:

Dine with them when they steal and share with me? Keep deceiving yourself.

The problem of Nigeria today is hypocrisy, just take side that we like based on sentiment and ignore the bad things once it sooth us.

Waiting be my own? I just dey look una.
my money

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by deenee: 10:21am On Feb 04, 2017
rallymento:

Nice write up..... But I think it's time to quit the blame game... No body is blaming Obasanjo n 16 billion dollars Electricity scam...because he is an Afonja abi?...some of these banks were doing loads of shady dealings before GEJ took over power... So I find ur write up baseless for accusing GEJ and the Wife for the issues with Skye bank..

Thank you for the comment but pls don't mix apples and oranges. Obj didn't use depositors funds for the 16b dollars scam and if you go through my post on nairaland you will see that I also condemn Obj where I deem fit.

We are talking about an elaborate scam that involved using depositors funds and GEJ was privy to it because he was the one that approved the sale of Yola and Ibadan disco to Tunde Ayeni over the likes of GE and Schneider Electric whom were technically and financially capable. He also approved the sale of Enterprise to Heritage over Fidelity and a South African bank that were also more qualified. It was public knowledge that Tunde Ayeni didn't have the funds but used other people's money by virtue of his position as chairman and ally to GEJ. It was this decision that made the MD that took over from Akinfemiwa to resign before Timothy took over. We are talking about People's life savings and so it's not out of line to talk about it for the sake of posterity and pls this has nothing to do with tribe.

The due diligence report submitted by the technical consultants that vetoed the people that wanted to buy mainstreet enterprise and the discos recommended the most qualified bidders but GEJ used his executive power to allocate sale to Tunde Ayeni. Same way he sold Mtel to the same Tunde Ayeni instead of selling to Glo or MTN two telcos with an already existing platform and resources to turn the fortunes of Mtel around. I guess you know what is happening to Mtel now

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by lawbabs: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
Papasland21:

Lie,so wat about those stepping into their shoe ? Is Abina, Opeke and Aribaloye not part of Akinfenwa/ Timothy Oguntayo team dat grounded d bank.
Ask your ED friend to tell u the main reason he was leaving and stop selling us HOPE 93 campaign slogan bro.
Peace.

I know welll that Abina, Segun and Femi were neva part of the board of directors. They are long standing staff. They haven't even promoted them to executive directors yet. They are only taking over the jobs of the executive directors that resigned...
Re: Skye Bank Executive Directors Resign, Replacements Named by tectonotimes: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
Why always Skye Bank? The directors that resigned were appointed barely seven months ago. What is happening? What about the erstwhile chairman of the bank that borrowed the sum of 102 billion naira from same bank? Has he started repayment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? / 40 Profitable Small Businesses In Nigeria Today / Freelancing: Nigerian's Only Hope Of Earning Legitimately Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.