Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? (497 Views)

The Story Of Prophet Luut / Understanding The Last Sermon Of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / 10 Amazing Miracles Of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by AbuuBilaal(m): 3:52am On Feb 04, 2017
What is the ruling on saying “sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (may Allaah send blessings and peace upon him)” with regard to ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib? Is that correct or not?
Published Date: 2001-08-05
Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah was asked about a man who said that ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib was not one of the Ahl al-Bayt (members of the Prophet’s household) and that it is not permissible to send blessings upon him, and that sending blessings upon him was bid’ah (an innovation).

He replied:

With regard to ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib being one of the Ahl al-Bayt, this is something concerning which there is no difference of opinion among the Muslims. It is so obvious to the Muslims that there is no need for evidence to prove it. Rather he is the best of the Ahl al-Bayt, the best of Bani Haashim after the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) threw his cloak over ‘Ali, Faatimah, Hasan and Husayn and said, “O Allaah, these are the members of my household, so to remove Ar-Rijs (evil deeds and sins) from them and purify them with a thorough purification [cf. al-Ahzaab 33:33].”

With regard to sending blessings exclusively upon him, this issue leads us to another issue, which is whether it is permissible to send blessings exclusively upon anyone other than the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), such as saying, “O Allaah send blessings on ‘Umar, or ‘Ali (Allaahumma sallsalli ‘ala ‘Umar etc.)”. The scholars disputed concerning that. Maalik, al-Shaafa’i and a group of the Hanbalis said that we should not send blessings exclusively upon anyone except the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as it was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “I do not know that blessings should be sent upon anyone except the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Imaam Ahmad and most of his companions said that there was nothing wrong with that, because ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said to ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab, “May Allaah send blessings upon you.” This is the more correct view. But singling out one of the Sahaabah or relatives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), such as ‘Ali, or anyone else, to send blessings upon them, is a form of making them rival the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in such a way that this phrase becomes like a symbol or slogan that is attached to his name, this is what is bid’ah.

Al-Fataawa al-Kubra, 1/56]

https://islamqa.info/en/13333

2 Likes

Re: Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by AbuuBilaal(m): 3:54am On Feb 04, 2017
Some virtues of Ali rodiyaLLaahu anhu.

The virtues of 'Ali ibn Abi Talib al-Qurashi al-Hashimi, Abu'l-Hasan

Soheehul Bukharee

Hadith no :3580

Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d:

Allah''''s Apostle said, "Tomorrow I will give the flag to a man with whose leadership Allah will grant (the Muslim) victory." So the people kept on thinking the whole night as to who would be given the flag. The next morning the people went to Allah''''s Apostle and every one of them hoped that he would be given the flag. The Prophet said, "Where is `Ali bin Abi Talib?" The people replied, "He is suffering from eye trouble, O Allah''''s Apostle." He said, "Send for him and bring him to me." So when `Ali came, the Prophet spat in his eyes and invoked good on him, and be became alright as if he had no ailment. The Prophet then gave him the flag. `Ali said, "O Allah''''s Apostle! Shall I fight them (i.e. enemy) till they become like us?" The Prophet said, "Proceed to them steadily till you approach near to them and then invite them to Islam and inform them of their duties towards Allah which Islam prescribes for them, for by Allah, if one man is guided on the right path (i.e. converted to Islam) through you, it would be better for you than (a great number of) red camels."

1 Like

Re: Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by AbuuBilaal(m): 3:55am On Feb 04, 2017

Hadith no :3581

Narrated Salama:

`Ali happened to stay behind the Prophet and (did not join him) during the battle of Khaibar for he was having eye trouble. Then he said, "How could I remain behind Allah''''s Apostle?" So `Ali set out following the Prophet , When it was the eve of the day in the morning of which Allah helped (the Muslims) to conquer it, Allah''''s Apostle said, "I will give the flag (to a man), or tomorrow a man whom Allah and His Apostle love will take the flag," or said, "A man who loves Allah and His Apostle; and Allah will grant victory under his leadership." Suddenly came `Ali whom we did not expect. The people said, "This is `Ali." Allah''''s Apostle gave him the flag and Allah granted victory under his leadership.
Re: Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by AbuuBilaal(m): 3:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Soheehul Bukharee

Hadith no :3582

Narrated Abu Hazim:

A man came to Sahl bin Sa`d and said, "This is so-and-so," meaning the Governor of Medina, "He is calling `Ali bad names near the pulpit." Sahl asked, "What is he saying?" He (i.e. the man) replied, "He calls him (i.e. `Ali) Abu Turab." Sahl laughed and said, "By Allah, none but the Prophet called him by this name and no name was dearer to `Ali than this." So I asked Sahl to tell me more, saying, "O Abu `Abbas! How (was this name given to `Ali)?" Sahl said, "`Ali went to Fatima and then came out and slept in the Mosque. The Prophet asked Fatima, "Where is your cousin?" She said, "In the Mosque." The Prophet went to him and found that his (i.e. `Ali''''s) covering sheet had slipped of his back and dust had soiled his back. The Prophet started wiping the dust off his back and said twice, "Get up! O Abu Turab (i.e. O. man with the dust).
Re: Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by AbuuBilaal(m): 3:57am On Feb 04, 2017

Hadith no :3583

Narrated Sa`d bin ''''Ubaida:

A man came to Ibn `Umar and asked about `Uthman and Ibn `Umar mentioned his good deeds and said to the questioner. "Perhaps these facts annoy you?" The other said, "Yes." Ibn `Umar said, "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. degrade you)!'''' Then the man asked him about `Ali. Ibn `Umar mentioned his good deeds and said, "It is all true, and that is his house in the midst of the houses of the Prophet. Perhaps these facts have hurt you?" The questioner said, "Yes." Ibn `Umar said, "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. degrade you or make you do things which you hate) ! Go away and do whatever you can against me."
Re: Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by AbuuBilaal(m): 3:58am On Feb 04, 2017

Hadith no :3585

Narrated Ubaida:

Ali said (to the people of ''''Iraq), "Judge as you used to judge, for I hate differences (and I do my best ) till the people unite as one group, or I die as my companions have died."
Re: Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by AbuuBilaal(m): 4:00am On Feb 04, 2017
و صلى الله على نبينا و أهله و صحبه و سلم.
Re: Is Ali Bn Abi Talib Part Of Prophet's Household? by kbshow100(m): 6:31am On Feb 04, 2017
Tabarakallah

(1) (Reply)

The 6 Rights Of A Muslim Over Another.. / NAHCON Announces 2017 Hajj Fares / Explanations On Dream 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.