Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Explanations On Dream 1 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Explanations On Dream 1 (499 Views)

Explanations On Hadeeth Soheeh, Hassan And Doeef / Explanations On Jesus And The Cross Matter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Explanations On Dream 1 by Lukgaf(m): 7:16am On Jul 28, 2017
DREAM (1 of 7)
الرؤى والأحلام

Dream is what people see in their sleep. This is also called nightmare. Using Hadiths, dream may be classified into two or three categories:

Two Categories of Dream

1. True dreams
2. Evil dreams. And this comprises of the Shaytan’s attempts to frighten and the workings of the subconscious.

Evidence:
Abu Qutaadah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: _“True dreams come from Allah and evil dreams come from the Shaytaan. If anyone sees a bad dream that scares him, let him spit drily to his left and seek refuge with Allah from its evil, then it will not harm him.”_ al-Bukhaari, 3292

Three Categories of Dream
1. Visions or dreams that come from Allah.
2. Attempts by the Shaytan to frighten us
3. The workings of the subconscious.

Evidence:
Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: _“Dreams are of three types: glad tidings from Allah, what is on a person’s mind, and frightening dreams from the Shaytaan. If any of you sees a dream that he likes, let him tell others of it if he wishes, but if he sees something that he dislikes, he should not tell anyone about it, and he should get up and pray.”_ (Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah, 3154).

I dreamt what should I do? No problem, no fortune-teller or soothsayer...needed.
Understand the followings under each type of dream.

True Dreams
1. Know that it is from Allah

Evidence:
Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri narrated that he heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) says: “If any one of you sees a dream that he likes, it is from Allah, so let him praise Allah for it and tell people about it... al-Bukhaari, 7045

2. Praise Allah for it

Evidence:
Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri narrated that he heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) says: “If any one of you sees a dream that he likes, it is from Allah, *so let him praise Allah for it* and tell people about it... al-Bukhaari, 7045

3. Tell people but only to the one whom he loves

Evidence:
Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that he heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) says: “If any one of you sees a dream that he likes, it is from Allah, so let him praise Allah for it and tell people about it... al-Bukhaari, 7045. Narrated Abu Salama: I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him. " al-Bukhaari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 168

Note: Please learn from Prophet Yusuf’s story (Peace be upon him) (Q12:4-19..), don't just tell your dream!

To be cont....inshaa Allah

May Allah grant us understanding of His religion

FIQH CLASS

(1) (Reply)

I Want Advice / Was the House Of Fatima,Daughter Of Prophet Muhammad (sa) Attacked? / Syria Report: Salafist/Wahhabi Terrorists From Europe Beheading Shia Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.