Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested (58624 Views)

Adekunle Ayomikun Steals ₦340,000 After Hiding In Bank’s Toilet Overnight / Ponzi Scam: EFCC Arrests Female MD Of Millionaire African Leaders Club (photo) / MMM: About-to-wed Man Drinks Insecticide Over Alleged Crash Of Scheme In Otukpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by bbbabes1: 11:57am On Feb 04, 2017
Tightening its screw on the multi-crore ponzi scam, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), India's premier law enforcement agency for the investigation of corruption cases, on Friday, February 3, arrested Mir Sahiruddin, managing director of Green Ray International Limited (GRIL) who was on the run for nearly three years.

A native of Balasore district, Sahiruddin was hiding with his family in Nigeria. He had entered India on Bangladesh passport by impersonating him as Ahmed Hussain and was arrested from Kolkata.

Confirming his arrest, a CBI official from New Delhi said Sahiruddin of Sasanbad village under Jaleswar police limits had returned from Nigeria a few days back.
"Earlier a look out circular was issued against him and other directors of the company. He will be brought to Bhubaneswar on Saturday," he said.

GRIL is accused of duping nearly Rs 2,000 crore from poor and unsuspecting investors of Odisha and 13 other states on the pretext of providing them astronomical returns in a short span of time.
On September 28, 2015, CBI sleuths had raided different branch offices of the ponzi firm.

The raids were conducted at 13 places in Balasore, Mayurbhanj, Jajpur, Keonjhar, Khurda and Nayagarh districts. Corporate office and houses of the company officials at Jaleswar and relative’s house at Tarpur in Jajpur were also raided simultaneously.

The national probing agency had seized documents related to the chit-fund scam and schemes floated by the company, which has foreign connections and alleged links with anti-national forces.

Sources said, Bhubaneswar CBI SP Rajiv Ranjan had been tracking Sahiruddin since long. Altogether 13 cases were registered against the company authorities under various sections of IPC and Prize Chits and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning) Act 1978 in Balasore, Mayurbhanj, Ganjam, Sonepur and Khurda districts in 2013. Chhattisgarh police also had registered five cases and arrested one director Ayub Saha and one branch manager. Sources said GRIL which dealt in gold and silver trading possessed nearly 20.68 acres of land in Balasore district that had been confiscated by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Crime Branch.

The company had a deposit of Rs 57,41,541 in 46 accounts, which was frozen while the EOW had seized Rs 9,55,745 in cash, 246 gram gold coins worth Rs 4,15,751 and 9.5 kg silver coins worth Rs 6,66,200.

Apart from the 41 branches in the State, GRIL had 67 more branches in Maharashtra, Goa, Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh, Bihar, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat besides its international branch in Bar Dubai. Earlier, Sahiruddin was arrested by State Security Service (SSS), the primary domestic intelligence agency of Nigeria on July 15, 2015 on the grounds of suspected money laundering. Later, he managed to obtain bail.

The accused was hiding at Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, with family to hoodwink the CBI. He was also allegedly involved in gold trading. Investigations revealed that his company had transferred crores of rupees from India to Dubai and then Nigeria through hawala brokers.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-RJRfCO-zIjs/WJV9mGYBjUI/AAAAAAALkzU/W1NEO1N7ics54Ou5hQEkEcNkPlv86YFEwCEw/s640/2.png[/img]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhubaneswar/cbi-arrests-green-ray-chief-suspects-his-underworld-links/articleshow/56963006.cms

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by bbbabes1: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2017
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by seunlayi(m): 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mmm is next

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Sharon6(f): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Lol.... I always tell people all these MLMs are scams but their quest to get rich quick always block their ears till their money get trapped.

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Shortyy(f): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mavrodians how market?

24 Likes

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by TINALETC3(f): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by jesus500(m): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
if my brother had listened to me, he wouldn't be part of this fraudulent scheme.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by abuaoyen(f): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hmm.. This is serious
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by daPretender: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
Busted

1 Like

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by madridguy(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
grin grin
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by FedericGodwin: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
A
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by shammah1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by virus05(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
mavro mavro, how far?
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Rukkydelta(f): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
K
Nobody DON comment but e DON enter fp
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by frankobaba(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
I created a website where I promise to double the income of participants by 30%. The first participant joins with N20k. I need him to be convinced that my website pays So I use my own money to make up for the 30% and he goes home happy. I tell him he gets extra bonuses if he brings a friend and he does exactly that. Two of his friends sign up with N20k each and I return their investment with my own money and give my first client a special bonus for bringing them.

His friends are aware their colleague got a bonus for bringing them in. They get greedy, they bring more people. At this point, everyone wants bonuses as my system is verified and working.

More people join in, so I'm not using my money to pay them anymore, I'm using their money to pay them and waiting for more members to join so there'll always be money in the system. I see a huge investment of N1m from a greedy participant, I run the website with money and I've spent my own money to build the trust in the system so I pair the provider of N1m with myself. Then get about 30 people providing N50k to pay him back in 30 days, he has N1.3m. My system is working, he tells his colleagues in his social class and they're all excited.

My first members who started with N20k have gotten greedy, they've created multiply accounts to cash out but I don't care. The big fishes are in the game. The big monies are being paired with me, I'm no longer providing money but I'm getting money. Whenever I see a large amount to be donated, I immediately pair the account to mine. Effortlessly a millionaire.

The system continues to thrive because new members keep coming in. There is a wild recession in the country, my scheme is the escape route. People have paid rents, school fees, bought cars and funded their ceremonies with my scheme. I am suddenly an employer of labour.

But all good things must come to an end, I have successfully built a network of participants running into millions but there is a serious cash deficit. It is almost Christmas and almost everyone needs 30% of their investment back. Because I've been collecting millions as an admin without donating, and because there are not enough new members to match the financial demands of the existing members, my system has collapsed but I am not done getting my millions from gullible people.

I announce a freeze on the website for technical reasons. I've done a lot for them so they believe me that I'm just protecting the system from crash even when it was not the wise thing to believe.
I told them they couldn't receive money this period but they could still donate.

The one month freeze was an attempt to see if I could pay the existing members from the donations of new members. Sadly, some people had lost faith in the system, the new and existing members were afraid to make donations during the freeze because they were unsure of getting their 30% returns back. Plus there were a lot of evil people on social media spreading propaganda that my scheme was a Ponzi that had ended.

I needed that trust back, so I relaunched my website a day before the scheduled return. You needed to see the excitement. It was Christmas on January 13, I told existing people that had provided donations that they could now get help. I also added some attractive incentives for new members. I still faced the same problem that made me shut down temporarily, even worse.

The people that provided help during the shut down all requested help, plus there had already been a long list of people before then. So I decided to pair those that needed less than N30k first to check the rotation of money. Still there was not enough money to go round. The people that were paired to pay others refused to pay, the trust was gone. People had suddenly realised that it was not possible for 30% to be added to your money unless someone lost their own money.
Several other schemes took over my place when I was frozen. All will eventually meet their ends. Greed always comes to an end.

People still live in delusions of grandeur that I have not crashed. Perhaps they expect me to put a memo in my website that it is over. Lol. I really don't blame their naivety, I did do a lot for them to trust me.
I would advise that people make more intelligent financial decisions next time. People lost millions to me because of greed. Do I feel guilty? No. I did warn them to use their SPARE money.

My name is MMM and I am a Ponzi Scheme.

176 Likes 38 Shares

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by passyhansome(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
K
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by damola1: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nigeria a safe haven for criminals. And the article should note. He wasn't arrested in Nigeria Far from it. He's arrested when he tried to sneak back in.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by eleojo23: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
shocked
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by SEOManiac: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Chuddy Ugorgi, how market?
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Tynasparks(f): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ahhh mogbe!
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by 0b10010011: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Mavro's re growing grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
and they go dey form big man for naija, mmm hw market jare
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by QuietHammer(m): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Where are the "Together we change the world " schmucks when you need them. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by valdes00(m): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Chuddy mind go dey skip now....
In Other News...
Some few days to Valentine, My Gf is now more polite than Customer Care.....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by ekems2017(f): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Why won't he come and hide in Nigeria. A country where everything is accepted. Even though it is rejected by other countries Nigeria will surely receive it with two hands

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
tie taaaaaaaaa
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by deebsman1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
Sharp man, actually looking at it cleverly, any criminal from any other countries of the world that needs hiding could actually look out Nigeria too o, cos we r kuku a crime-free land, if u know ur way

4 Likes

Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
grin
Re: MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested by kelvyn7: 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seventy-Five Year Old Man Arrested For Impregnating Thirteen-year Old Girl (PIC) / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] / Johnson Chrome Adekunle: Toronto City Most Wanted Identity Thief, A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.