Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

The Hard Truth About Barrenness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Hard Truth About Barrenness (1163 Views)

The Disgusting Truth About Your Toothbrush / The Hard Truth About Eating Meat / The Truth About Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hard Truth About Barrenness by pressplay411(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
Any one who knows me knows I'm a blunt person when it comes to speaking the truth, even some times to my own detriment, regardless of whose ox is gored.

There are certain laws by which Nature operates.
One of which is;
The Law of Karma
Or Law of Cause and Effect
Also known as The Newton's 3rd Law of Motion; To every Action, there's an Equal and Opposite Reaction.

Every Situation in life whether good or bad, has a cause and it's corresponding effect. I will relate this to the predicament of Barrenness.

I'm from a home of four. Two parents and Two sons. When I tell people this, they often quiz me asking why only two? I used to find that funny and irrelevant retorting it was the choice of my parents and why should they contribute to over populating the earth. (Don't blame me, I was naive.)

As I grew older I became more inquisitive, why only two of us, when some of my friends' parents were practically trying to start a football team.
I remember my parents tried at some point but suffered the pain and disappointment of a miscarriage. I remember "peeping" as my dear brave mom was wreathing in pain in the veranda before she was rushed to the hospital where her wombs having been damaged by the miscarriage had to be closed for her safety.
I made nothing of the episode until years later, I just thought she had a really bad stomach ache.

Over the years as I became more "experienced" with women, I started to see things differently.
I quizzed my mom (don't ask how, sons usually have a way with their mothers just as daughters their fathers). I asked her details I really can't divulge but bottom line there was a cause and she suffered the effect. I consider her lucky as some women don't even get second chance to motherhood. I have a barren aunt, I eventually after much probing got to the root of her predicament.

No woman was created Barren. Neither was any man created Impotent.

What I aim to achieve at the end of this missive is solution and productive confrontation.
If you and your spouse find yourselves in the position of barrenness or incessant miscarriages I implore you to seat each other down.

First and most obvious fallacy that has to be addressed is that Barrenness contrary to stereotype is not always a fault of the woman. Although in most cases, it is.
That being said both the man and the woman can be the cause of the effect which in this case is barrenness.

The hard truth is there are 3 major reasons for Barrenness, viz;

-Unprofessional abortion on the part of the woman
-Low motility of sperm on the part of the man, mostly due to over indulgence in sex, masturbation, drinks and drugs.
-STI's on both sides.

Both parties hence need to address this squarely and honestly, if there's to be a chance for breaking the yoke of barrenness.
There's a great joy in creating and bringing life into this world. But there's a greater joy in being a successful parent.

Being barren is not necessarily the end of the world. Adoption, artificial insemination among others are alternative ways to parenthood.
God bless our Parents and God Bless us as well as we also become Parents.

Click link to know more
http://natural-fertility-info.com/top-10-causes-of-infertility.html

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/female-infertility
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by newyorks(m): 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
u are bias.
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
well said

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by yomi007k(m): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
grin

Boss I hail ooo....u mak it sound like 2 kids is a terrible thing. I see as a good thing in africa.

I live a while in china n I even prefer to havejus one kid dt I knw wud lack nothing n I n my wife can live a practically fulfilled life.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by pressplay411(m): 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
newyorks:
u are bias.
kindly elaborate pls.
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by pressplay411(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Boss I hail ooo....u mak it sound like 2 kids is a terrible thing. I see as a good thing in africa.

I live a while in china n I even prefer to havejus one kid dt I knw wud lack nothing n I n my wife can live a practically fulfilled life.

Sorry o. My bad if I have projected that but that's no fault if mine. I only aim to address the issue of barrenness. What a man and his wife agree as to their family population is completely up to them, if it's their choice.
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by yomi007k(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
pressplay411:

Sorry o. My bad if I have projected that but that's no fault if mine. I only aim to address the issue of barrenness. What a man and his wife agree as to their family population is completely up to them, if it's their choice.

No p bro.....ur not far from the truth.

Other causes of barreness or infertility include Congenital problems, Chronic infections n disorders.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by newyorks(m): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
pressplay411:

kindly elaborate pls.
i said that u're biasd in the sense that.u said that barreness is due to karmar and other forces related to course bt when u are concluding u mentioned problem from reproductive organs which can affect any gender such as diseases.

many factors can lead to barreness both genetic,accident,illness and life style.

karma or related diabolical barreness can only affects one1 in 500 couples (as an instance).
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by pressplay411(m): 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
newyorks:
i said that u're biasd in the sense that.u said that barreness is due to karmar and other forces related to course bt when u are concluding u mentioned problem from reproductive organs which can affect any gender such as diseases.

many factors can lead to barreness both genetic,accident,illness and life style.

karma or related diabolical barreness can only affects one1 in 500 couples (as an instance).

True. But apparently I'm only stating the most prominent cases. Those other factors are rare cases.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by pressplay411(m): 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
yomi007k:

No p bro.....ur not far from the truth.

Other causes of barreness or infertility include Congenital problems, Chronic infections n disorders.

True. I'm only stating the most prominent cases. Those are rare cases.
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by pressplay411(m): 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
well said

Thanks. But it amazes me when both parties are in denial. Some couples have not been honest about their barrenness and instead spend productive hours in various churches when a proper marriage counselling and hospital test would prove more effective.
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
pressplay411:

Thanks. But it amazes me when both parties are in denial. Some couples have not been honest about their barrenness and instead spend productive hours in various churches when a proper marriage counselling and hospital test would prove more effective.
u can't really blame couples for keeping such secrets to themselves, not every partner can muscle up the courage to spit out past mistakes such as abortions for fear of losing their partners. Also most Nigerians are not enlightened enough to either go for adoption or undergo artificial insemination.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by pressplay411(m): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

u can't really blame couples for keeping such secrets to themselves, not every partner can muscle up the courage to spit out past mistakes such as abortions for fear of losing their partners. Also most Nigerians are not enlightened enough to either go for adoption or undergo artificial insemination.

True but is it not better to face your demons now and overcome them than fail to acknowledge them and end up only postponing dooms day. Cos eventually, the inevitable will happen.

Although marriage is complicated, I can only stress the importance of honesty to address the issue of barrenness. It all depends on proper presentation.lol
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
pressplay411:

True but is it not better to face your demons now and overcome them than fail to acknowledge them and end up only postponing dooms day. Cos eventually, the inevitable will happen.

Although marriage is complicated, I can only stress the importance of honesty to address the issue of barrenness. It all depends on proper presentation.lol
God help us
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by tpapi: 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
newyorks:

hello I saw one of ur comments in d health section, were u totally cured of staph thru d use of antibiotics n injection
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by newyorks(m): 8:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
tpapi:
hello I saw one of ur comments in d health section, were u totally cured of staph thru d use of antibiotics n injection
yeap
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by tpapi: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
newyorks:
yeap
ok
Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2017
First of all this thread shows that the op and nigerians in general are very ignorant about this topic. One is six couples will have difficulty concieving. First of all some of what u said is the truth but not the complete truth after all there are virgins who are trying to find the fruit of the womb, it is not only abortion and STI,things like diabetes, previous appendicitis operation, previous typhoid perforation, some form of goitres,fibriods, tumors in the brain, mumps in childhood(men only),wearing tight boxers(men), exposure to radioactive substances and chemical and a host of other things can cause infertility, women should also know the peroids in which they are fertile, some women will wash that area after the act, and some women who have been taking postinor and other birth control pills regularly,fertility can return for as long as 2-3 yrs after you stop use. Most of the time there are many factors involved. So yes sit each other down and talk, be honest with each other before marriage, go for pre marital testing and counselling. At times nothing might be wrong with the two of you. God's time is the best.

1 Like

Re: The Hard Truth About Barrenness by babyplus(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2017
My mission is to help any woman/lady in
Nigeria and beyond to experience the joy of
parenthood & motherhood by donating a
healthy sperm to them for conception
purposes only..
So am using this opportunity to call on the
following sets of people:
* Couples With Infertility Problems.
* Single Mothers.
* Lesbian Couples.
* Gay Couples.
* Women With Womb Crisis.
If you fall into any of the categories mentioned
above,then today is your lucky day....
Quickly get in touch with me as soon as
possible on my whatsapp via:
+2349037168586.
or call me directly on: +2349037168586.
...fulfill your dreams of motherhood!

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Big Man Went From 30 Seconds To Lasting 38 Minutes In Bed..few Months / Benefits Of Fenugreek Tea + How To Make It With Honey (video) / BREAKING: Nigeria Cases Rise To 51 As NCDC Confirms Five New Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.