Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Before The Drought - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Before The Drought (531 Views)

Drought In The Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before The Drought by duch12(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
Lola parked her car in the parking lot and came out. She walked to the boot and opened it. She brought out a big carrier bag, closed the boot and started walking towards the building. A short dark man ran towards her and collected the carrier bag from her.
“Good morning ma’am.” The man greeted.
“Good morning Erua.” She responded smiling.
“Should I take it to your office or take it to Blessing?” He asked.
“Take it to Blessing. Tell her to see me in the office.” She said.
“Ok ma’am.” He said and walked pass her, almost running.
The sound of her shoe made all the workers run back to their seats immediately and the place became hushed. She entered the building and exchanged pleasantries with the them then ascends to the stairs to her office. She turned the knob and opened the door. She strides and sat on the chair. She picked up the remote control from the desk and switched on the television.
A knock at the door made her turn away from the television. She lowered the volume of the television and dropped the remote on the desk. The door opened and a lady entered.
“Good morning ma’am.” The lady greeted standing in front of the chair facing Lola.
“Good morning Blessing. How was your night?” Lola asked arranging the files on her desk.
“My night went well ma’am.” Blessing replied.
“That is good. Please have a seat.” Lola uttered and flipped her hair backward.
“Thank you ma’am.” Blessing replied. She took two steps forward, drew the chair a little bit backward and sat down.
“Are the clothes ready?” Lola asked putting her right hand on her jaw.
“No ma’am.” Blessing answered fearfully.
“What about the gowns for Tiwatope’s bridal shower?”
“They are almost ready.”
“What have you girls been doing for the past two weeks?” Lola asked annoyingly.
“Sorry ma’am. They will be ready by the end of today.” Blessing responded apologetically.
“They better be. Did Erua give you the fabrics?”
“Yes ma’am.”
“It is a client’s and she want to use it for a wedding next week. She will come for the measurement later.”
“Ok ma’am.”
“You can go now.” Lola said.
Blessing stood up and left the office. Lola picked up a file from the mountain of files on her desk and dropped it in her front. She opened it and started going through it.
After working for almost six hours, she decided to go and eat and freshen up. She decided to go to her favorite restaurant, twenty minutes drive from the office.
Visit www.muhillion..com for the rest of the story
Re: Before The Drought by duch12(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
Lola parked outside Phacelia foods and walked into the restaurant. She sat near the window and called a waitress to take her order.“Good afternoon madam. You’re welcome to Phacelia foods. ” The waitress greeted smiling.“Good afternoon. I want Indian fried rice, fish pepper soup and fresh pineapple juice.”Lola replied.“Ok madam.” The waitress said writing down the order in a piece of paper. “Your order will be ready in a moment.” She murmured and walked away.Lola’s phone buzzed. She opened her bag and brought out the phone; it was a message from client. She replied the message then dropped the phone on the table. A waitress showed up holding a glass of juice and dropped it on the table in front of Lola.“Thank you.”Lola said. She took the glass and sipped from it.The waitress that took the order came back about five minutes later with the order. She placed it in front of Lola then left. She picked up a spoon and started eating slowly. She called the waitress to clear the table when she finished eating and ordered puff pastry for dessert.She paid the bill, picked her phoneand bag and walked out of the restaurant, entered her car and drove back to the office. She did some little work before going home.She came out of the bathroom with a towel around her chest andsat in front of the mirror. She applied cream and makeup then stood up and shuffled to the closet. She opened the closet andstood hands akimbo staring at theclothes. She picked a peach colored knee length gown from the array of clothes then bent down and took a black four inchesshoe from the sets of shoes. She walked to the bed and dropped the cloth on the bed and the shoe on the small table. She tiptoed to her jewelry box and opened it. Shetook an emerald necklace and earrings, closed the box and tiptoed back.She stood in front of the mirror inspecting herself. She smiled then walked to the drawer, opened it, took the car key then closed the drawer. She picked herphone from the bed and put it in the purse.She turned and gave the room a last look before she walks out. She sat on the gigantic sitting room and switch on the air condition. She brought out her phone from the purse and dialed anumber.“Hey Juliet…yes I am ready…just take a taxi to my house. We will use my car…ok.” She said and terminated the call.She put the phone back into the purse. She stood up and strides to the kitchen. She came back few seconds later holding a glass filled champagne. She took the remote control from the centre table and turned on the stereo then sat back on the sofa. She sipped the champagne then dropped the glass on the table. She closed her eyes and relaxed back on the sofa.The door opened, Juliet and Juan entered. Lola opened her eyes immediately. She smiled at them then stood up. She opened her arms wide open as they walk towards her. They hug.“You are looking stunning Lola.” Juan said smiling.“Thank you. You are not looking bad yourself.” Lola replied blushing.“You look beautiful my friend.”Juliet complimented.“You should stop flattering me please. Where is the spinach I toldyou to get for me?” Lola asked Juliet.“Here!” Juliet responded handing Lola nylon.Lola collected the nylon and carried the glass from the table and rushed to the kitchen. She came back almost immediately. She took her purse and turned off the stereo.“Shall we?” She said to them.“Of course.” They replied together.The three ladies walked out of thehouse to where Lola’s car was parked and entered. The gatekeeper opened the gate and they drove out.They arrived at the cinema twentyminutes later and parked the car outside the cinema. They went and bought popcorn before proceeding into the cinema. The movie started few minutes after they arrived. They went to a bar not far from the cinema to have few bottles of beer after the movie finished. Lola dropped Juliet and Juan at their houses before going home.

(1) (Reply)

The Other Face Of A Woman. / A Yoruba Girl Lost In Translation: The University Debate / I'm New Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.