Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? (5886 Views)

Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes / Forbes - How To Make Money Online / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by oddiy(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2009
So much has been said about Robert Kiyosaki's inability
to enter Forbes[the World's Rich List].This keeps people
wondering if this man is 'real' because despite his
claim of knowing much about wealth creation and
all that,he is yet to enter Forbes.

These things I am still wondering.I am a big fan of this
great guy,I have learnt a great lot from his numerous
and wonderful teachings.

What do you think?
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by mrperfect(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2009
I have read his books and have really learned a lot from them.
Personally, whether he enter in that circle or not is unimportant to me, I just need more of his knowledge(more books from here).
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by hazh(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2009
There is a great difference between ideology and reality.
Note this.Ideologists don't care how it works - they just
deliver the burning ideas and feel it must work.They don't
care if they are making millions or billions.Their pleasure
lies in motivating others - they love to influence the way
people think,they change the world.

This is where they feel their calling or talents lie.There are
political,social,financial,economic,or spiritual ideologists.
Robert Kiyosaki happens to be ones of them.

Take a look at some of the world's most influential professional
speakers like Zig Ziglar,Jim Rohn,Anthony Robbins,Brian Tracy,
Stephen Covey and so on.Are these guys ''really'' affluent?
Stephen Covey,author of The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
has sold more than 15million copies of that book and the book is in
about 38 language! But come to think of it,is he in Forbes[the World Rich
List].He is not,and he doesn't care that much[this does not mean
he did not like money].All he wants is to motivate and inspire lives,
and he is rightly doing that.Infact,Stephen Covey is a managerial
advisor to some of the Fortune 500 Companies in America.These
companies are raking in billions of dollars in profit annually,and
most their CEOs are in Forbes.

Sam Adeyemi,one of Nigeria's foremost professional speakers,
talks about successful living,personal and organisational
finance strategies.He hosts the radio programme,''Success
Power'',which is broadcast in Nigeria and other nations.He
teaches wealth creation tactics.The question now is,Is he
among the top 1000 richest people in Nigeria?I don't think
he is.But I am sure Sam loves what he is doing - speaking.

Remember we said he teaches wealth creation,we did't say
he practices wealth creation tactics.

So for Robert Kiyosaki,he should be allowed to be.After all,his
teachings[not practice,please]has touched and is still touching
millions of lives positively around the world,his teachings has
made new billionaires and inspired others to be.

Let us take an excerpt from one of his books on his autobiog-
raphy:

, Returning from war,Robert went to work for Xerox
Corporation and in 1977 started a company that brought the
first Nylon Velcro surfer nylon to market,In 1985 he founded
an international company that taught[not practiced] business
and investing to tens of thousands of students throughout
the world,

Whether he taught or practiced what he teahes,I believed
this great icon has made his mark positively.

And I am sure you agree with me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by jamace(m): 5:35am On Dec 05, 2009
@hazh
Good job there.

@post
Robert Kiyosaki is not teaching us to be wealthy so as to be in Forbes rating. He is there to motivate you to leave the elemental poverty level, to a comfortable level where you can afford the necesities of life with ease. I value his books and encourage people to read them for financial re-orientation and growth.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by Huramabi(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2009
I am not sure if I am correct Forbes basically have list of world Billionaires. Some of these guys are Millionaires or decamillionaires. Which is a lot of money, from Forbes record Dangote is worth about 3.3Billion dollars actually he is worth much more than that. Is Adenuga on forbes list, is he wealthy? So it is not all wealthy people that are on Forbes list.
Bishop Oyedepo has 3 jets and his third is the latest Boeing own by very few people in the world. Forbes measures people's wealth by the value of their stock in their countries stock exchange, so if your company is not listed on the stock exchange there is no way forbes is going to know your worth. Robert kiyosak is mega rich, Pastor sam is mega rich.

1 Like

Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by jamace(m): 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2009
Please hear it from the horse's mouth:

"We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money work hard for them".

Robert Kiyosaki
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by nigboy(m): 2:34am On Jan 22, 2010
Do you really know the criteria forbes use for ranking the world's richest men

Who cares?

All I need from robert is information

He has inspired me alot.

I have almost all his talks and seminar and I must tell you that there are live changing talks

--------------------------------
Get your Velcro Shoes
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by DAVE5(m): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
@hazh ur words are of a wise person but i guess u must have heard this lines "practice what you preach" lile in the case of our lord Jesus Christ who preached n practiced holiness,love,peace,joy to the fullest up to even giving his life on the cross
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by axlop(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2010
I LOVE YOUR TREND.

BUT JUST TO CLARIFY YOU THAT FORBES RATING IS BASED ON FACT AND THE FACT WILL BE GOTTEN FROM EXCHANGE COMMISSIONS.

FOR EXAMPLE YOU MAY HAVE A COMPANY QUOTED ON THE STOCK EXCHANGE, THAT IS WHERE FORBES GETS THE WORTH OF YOUR COMPANY FROM, BUT I MAY HAVE A COMPANY WORTH MORE THAT YOUR OWN COMPANY, BUT BECAUSE ITS NOT QUOTED I MAY NOT BE RATED.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by Ltrust(m): 6:21am On Apr 19, 2010
He is great !!! He is my role model and a great financial educator.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by consultmartins(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2010
Robert Kiyosaki has been an object of criticism but it's ok. I have been following kiyosaki's teachings and this is what i have to say. How can a man help others become rich when he is not rich himself. I am financially independent today is because of his teachings. Robert himself said he prefers to keep his companies private because it gives him maximum flexibility. So don't expect him on the Forbes list, same goes for Mike Adenuga.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by FreshLand: 10:37am On Apr 20, 2010
Robert Kiyosaki has influence so many people to change their thoughts from negativity to positivity with regard to wealth. I think this is what is important to us.

Forbes is just an organization. So, it shouldn't create any concern weather his name is there or not.

Remember that you have to be the best that you can be.
I think Robert Kiyosaki is not worried that his name is not on Forbes.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by DAVE5(m): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2010
hmmnnn
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by 2sexy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2012
And in one of his books he said: 'Mind Your Business'

I think you guys are missing something here. Robert Kiyosaki is a realestate investor, not just an author who write books.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by wizecoder: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2012
It is straight forward ...forbes only rate investment that you disclose , the stock exchange is easier for them....
I Do not believe in dt s****t they don't take your debt into consideration if they do .... i am sure of an African grin grin grin grin grin that should not be on that list.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by imsupertips: 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2012
First of all, Robert has never claimed to be a billionaire so dont expect him on that list.

Infact, in his book with Donald Trump, Why We Want You To Be Rich, he talked about the tension he had when he was meeting The Donald. He said he feels he didnt deserve to write a book with him as he is just a millionaire and Donald is a billionaire.

Robert has never shown you how to be a billionaire. He teaches how to be financially free.

He walks his talk.
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by Kemaona: 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2012
Robert kiyosaki is a great financial teacher nd he is also rich from what i know. So as to whether he is in forbes magazine or not is not a measure of his practicality of what he teaches. He is a great mentor nd inspiration. His teachings are wonders to ones financial freedow. Luv him. Forbes or not, he is great!
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by vulpeslopez(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
1 thing life has thought us is any time is possible....anybody can be anything he wants to be all he needs is DETERMINATION and HARDWORK.....Forbes or No Forbes we Luv u Robert kiyosaki.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by beldcat(m): 3:11am On Sep 06, 2012
kiyosaki is rich..i've watched him on t.v he drives luxury cars,lives in a big house and has started and sold many companies...he's not a billionaire ,he's a millionaire(in dollars)
Re: ''robert Kiyosaki'' And The Road To 'forbes',how Possible? by beldcat(m): 3:12am On Sep 06, 2012
kiyosaki is rich..i've watched him on t.v he drives luxury cars,lives in a big house and has started and sold many companies...he's not a billionaire ,he's a millionaire(in dollars) so he can't be on d forbes 400 just yet.

(1) (Reply)

Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG / How To Start Dried Cray Fish Export Business In Nigeria With Little Capital / Tony Elumelu: This Is My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.