Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 (688 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by Stevebamdex(m): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2017
What does JESUS mean when he called those{servants of God} who came before HIM thieves and robbers.? Pls I need ur help on this.
Re: What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by respect80(m): 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
Stevebamdex:
What does JESUS mean when he called those{servants of God} who came before HIM thieves and robbers.? Pls I need ur help on this.

Which version of Bible do you use cos I can't find anything related to thieves or robbers in Matthew chapter 10 vs 8
Re: What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by Stevebamdex(m): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2017
respect80:

Which version of Bible do you use cos I can't find anything related to thieves or robbers in Matthew chapter 10 vs 8
I made a mistake,I intended to quote john 10:8 and not matthew 10:8..I am sorry..!
Re: What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by Mrbigman1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
U go soon role over to barnabass 10:8
Re: What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by Chikelue2000(m): 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
Mrbigman1:
U go soon role over to barnabass 10:8
Osogbo weed at work
Re: What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Osogbo weed at work
Nigga baddd

Stevebamdex:
Read well u will notice that Jesus was referring to anti-Christs or any other person who claim to be the Christ and mislead many.Jesus is the only way that guarantee everlasting life in God's kingdom no other person can. Beside, he wasn't talking about other 'servants of God'
Re: What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by respect80(m): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
Stevebamdex:

I made a mistake,I intended to quote john 10:8 and not matthew 10:8..I am sorry..!

Jesus was speaking in parables in that verse and if you doubt it then read the preceding verse i.e verse 7 where Jesus referred to himself categorically as the door.

Also tell me if Jesus would call his audience sheep as in verse 8
So Jesus was simply speaking in parables and those who are willing to follow him truly will always understand him.

Thanks
Re: What Did Jesus Mean In john 10:8 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2017
Stevebamdex:

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

From Abraham to John, non entered heaven until Jesus died. Jesus is the bridge to heaven. You can't enter heaven without being born again.

Jesus told Nicodemus even before this statement, "except a man is born again, he can't see nor enter the kingdom of heaven" and born again is receiving Christ. Since non of those who came before him received him, non of them entered heaven.

If you remember the story of Lazarus the beggar. When he died, he went to Abraham's blossom. Abraham's blossom is a kind of heaven compare to the earth. When the thief beside Jesus was accepted by Jesus. Jesus spoke of both of them going to Paradise.

Men began to have access to heaven after the ascension of Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/03/17 / How Do God Speak To You? / The Mysteries behind creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.